Reviews for You're Coming A Long Way, Mary Anne
CNJ chapter 11 . 8/20/2002
Thanks for the reviews, everyone! Glad you see that yes, Mary Anne is definately a die-hard liberal, like me. That's part of why I like Mary Anne and the BSC too; they're very open-minded and liberal. Yep, AWTRbabygurl, Bush is NOT any of my faves. Glad you liked my version of the holidays, Balletprincess! I think her dad does do X-mas some, but I have him be a mix of Lutheran, maybe a little presbyterian, and Jewish too. Yep, Greer, Abby's grandma is still living; I have her survive the breast cancer and maybe be cured.
BalletPrincess chapter 11 . 8/17/2002
Great chapter! I love reading about the holidays... It's also cool that MaryAnne's grandma celebrates Hanukkah... since it's her mom's mom, and then i'm guessing her dad Celebrates Christmas?
greer chapter 1 . 8/17/2002
*shrug*

It's CNJ's story; she can make the BSC be of any political persuasion she wants.

Besides, due to Mary Anne's sensitivity, her being a democrat makes a lot of sense, considering their stance in helping people.

Although it is true that the overwhelming liberalism in her (your?) stories is a little heavy-handed, it's in character, especially for Mary Anne. I, personally, have always found the BSC to be a liberal and feminist bunch.
AWTRbabygurl chapter 9 . 8/17/2002
I guess you are of the Democrat persuasion. Perhaps a little more Bush bashing , I don't think the people in Taiwan can tell that you dislike him! Whatever . Oh , but I do like that you set it in New York ( best city on Earth ) .

P.S. Bush rules ! Down with Hillary and Bill !
greer chapter 11 . 8/17/2002
So Abby's grandma didn't die from breast cancer? That's good; I always liked her.
Lily Starswirl too lazy to log in chapter 2 . 6/9/2002
I really like how you portray Mary Anne. . .she seems very real. Great story, keep it up, I'm enjoying it. _
Dulcey chapter 10 . 6/7/2002
Another great chapter, as always. This sounds very much like me last year-senior year of college, getting a little nostalgic, grad school applications, argh! Anyhow, great job, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
CNJ chapter 9 . 6/1/2002
Thanks Dulcey, I'm so glad you like my portrayal of Mary Anne! What you said is sooo true! I notice a few people think the stereotype on Mary Anne & also a some people assume that because someone is shy & sensitive that they're "naive" & "provincial" too. I'm so glad you see my point on Mary Anne & am glad you relate well to her here! I feel like I could relate to her too.
Dulcineah chapter 9 . 5/31/2002
I'm really, really enjoying this story. I especially like how you characterize Mary Anne. I've seen some people come down on you for having her swear, or being liberal, but I think that's totally in character for her. Being very shy and quiet myself, I hate how people characterize me as bland or conservative or not really having a personality. But I can really loosen up when I'm around people I like and trust, and I think Mary Anne would be the same way. She's very easy to relate to the way you write her, and that makes the story so much more enjoyable to read.

Keep up the great work!
CNJ chapter 8 . 5/29/2002
Thanks for the reviews, Phanton! No, I don't have anything against TRUE Christians; I have several friends that are true Christians. What I object to and what I bring up several times in my stories is that some people misuse "Christianity" as an excuse to be bigoted. Those kind of people who do that are NOT true Christians; they are false "Christians." Yep, Mary Anne has grown up & I'm glad you notice that. I can imagine her swearing; to me she's always been such an open-minded free spirit; although being polite, she wouldn't swear in front of little kids are in a formal setting. Yeah, gays are very much part of this world & I acknowledge their presense in my stories by portraying them in a non-stereotypical way. I do get tired of people pretending that gays don't exist or gays being portrayed in very stereotypical ways (lesbians are very underrepresented in literature & movies) Thanks for your imput!
Phantom of the Basement chapter 8 . 5/25/2002
I was disturbed when I read your one response to another reviewer saying that you believed in gay rights and that anyone who didn't used "morals" and "Christianity" to back them up. I'm a Christian, and I was insulted by this. You make it sound like being a Christian is a bad thing. Another thing I can't stand is people calling myself and other Christians "intolerant". I could sya the smae to you: you're intolerant as to what I believe. That's all I have to say.
Phantom of the Basement chapter 5 . 5/25/2002
Another thing that you could lay off of is "desciptions" of their sex lives.
Phantom of the Basement chapter 3 . 5/25/2002
I really love this story, but there are a few parts I don't agree with. First: no, I'm not a "homophobe", but I think that you could cut back on all of the gay rights stuff. I don't really mind, but I know that plenty of people would be insulted by that, so try not to press the issue too much. Also, I don't think that Mary Anne would swear as much as you have her doing (knowing her personality, I think that "crap" would be about the worst that she'd say)or go out and get drunk as much as you portray her as doing. Another thing is that I don't think that she'd be complaining about the leagl drinking age so much. I know that she's changed alot from the shy little good-girl that she is in some of the earlier books, but I don't think that Mary Anne has changed THAT much.
CNJ chapter 8 . 4/30/2002
Thanks for the reviews! Yep, Mary Anne is a pure liberal democrat & will stay a democrat. Glad to find fellow Mary Anne fans here; Mary Anne's my fave character as you can tell. Thanks for the reviews!
Dulcey chapter 8 . 4/29/2002
Have I reviewed before this? Probably not. I'm not very good about things like that. But I love your stories, especially this one, since Mary Anne's my favorite character, and I'm more like her than anyone else. I especially like that she's going into psychology-it's a very fitting career for her.

Please write more soon!