Reviews for You're Coming A Long Way, Mary Anne
Uh.someone chapter 4 . 4/28/2002
Awwwww, why did ya have to make Mary Anne a DEMOCRAT? She was always my favorite character, too. Darn, darn, darn! Anyways, I'm glad about her POV on gay rights...gay pride! Well, thanks for hearing me out.

-Someone

P.S.- Does Mary Anne REALLY have to be a Democrat?
CNJ chapter 7 . 4/12/2002
Thanks for the review! Yeah, a few people are very surprised that Stace doesn't hightail it for the Big Apple as soon as the BSC hits college. Actually, in my stories, "The BSC Legacy" which is also posted here, Stacey changes some. She's still into fashion & bright colors & city life, but she kind of is not too much into specifically NYC anymore. She still stays a city person in a way, because in college, I have her go to college near Burlington, which is one of Vermont's largest cities. I have her live there as an adult too (Check out my stories on the BSC as adults- "Edge of Darkness" & "Evolutions Coinciding." Keep the reviews coming; I love reading the reviews!
greer chapter 7 . 4/10/2002
I think it's pretty good.. but I think Stacey's out of character. I'd always thought of Stacey has the first one to lose her virginity. And Vermont? A city girl like her would die of boredom among the pine trees in Vermont! But otherwise... it's good.
CNJ chapter 7 . 3/21/2002
Thanx for the review. Actually, I think Mary Anne does have nice, liberal views. Of course, most authors do put their "slant" in it, no matter what character they write about. Soo, it was an interesting observation as I am liberal like Mary Anne & she & I share many views. I think that's why Mary Anne is my fave character; I kind of feel "in sync" with her; whenever I read on her, I can get into her mind the most of all of BSC. Thanx for your imput!
me chapter 7 . 3/20/2002
I like it... and I like what you've done with her character... but sometimes I feel like there's some major authorial intrusion going on, and I start to hear your "voice" instead of Mary Anne's. I don't have a problem with the issues you confront, but sometimes the preachiness feels more like an unedited vent than a carefully crafted portrayal of Mary Anne Spier's psyche.
Lisa chapter 5 . 3/7/2002
Well, as alway you manged to astound me again! I love your style, and I can't wait to read the next update! I knew that there was a reason that you were on my fav authors list
Linda A chapter 4 . 2/26/2002
I hate to admit it, but it's my 2nd year at college and I still get hooked on BSC stuff. I enjoyed reading your "fic," (I'm new to the ffn site)plus I always wondered what they'd be like in college. Also, I laughed a more than a few times. Interesting Claudia went to Minn, not to mention Gore in 2004.

Keep writing and I'll keep an eye out for your stuff.
CNJ chapter 1 . 2/26/2002
Wow, great reviews! Thank you! Yes, Balletprincess, that's exactly what I was aiming for...the same old sensitive Mary Anne, but with that mature edge of being a young adult! Yes! I love it when readers catch on exactly what I'm portraying! Thanks, I hope I'm not too busy this week to add more.
ladymolly chapter 1 . 2/25/2002
Hi,

I think the BSC you did of Mary Ann's journal is really good. I like it.
BalletPrincess chapter 4 . 2/24/2002
Cool! I like it... she's still the same old sensitive MA with an older "edge". I like that. I'd write more but i've been really busy so i'll finish reviewing later... same reason i haven't been writing my own stories!
BalletPrincess chapter 3 . 2/21/2002
GREAT! I love it! Especially the little city piece, I love the city. I think it's very realistic how you have the BSC charachters change (such as Kristy wanting to cut loose, members drinking) and yet their basic personalities are the same. Great! Write more soon!
CNJ chapter 2 . 2/7/2002
Thanks for the reviews, everyone! Yeah, it is high time we acknowledge gay right since I too have several gay & bisexual friends & they are just like straight people, except for who they're attracted to. Right on, Balletprincess! It's too bad there are still a lot of antminded bigots out there who preach about "family values" & "morals" as an excuse for their bigotry & who hide behind "Christianity" to diguise their intolerance. There'll be more soon!
BalletPrincess chapter 2 . 2/6/2002
AWESOME! I love reading your stories.. i can always tell u've put alot of thought into them, especially about MaryAnne. BTW- i think it's cool you acknowlege gay/lesbian rights. Even though I'm straight myself I have some friends who are gay/lesbian it kills me to see them be hurt and harassed.
65 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »