Reviews for Listen
Birdy chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Oh this was just amazing, how you wrote it out and everything, it was breath taking and just wonderful how you did it!
Kiesha chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Which park? Cuz damn if it doesn't sound familiar.

I think you have just started me on an illicit love affair with quiet-winter-day pieces. Because there is so, so little that is that beautiful.

I'm curious. What's your favorite type of quiet winter day? I love standing just off the middle of a ski hill and being unable to hear anything except the snow falling. Which is the coolest sound ever.
applesauce.the.brave chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
i really adore your canada stories, they match my own head!canon perfectly
RainbowHeart chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
This...this was bittersweet yet also had a tinge of heartbreak. I like how Canada tries to get England to hear...how he wants England to, (i dunno maybe) just stop and listen and appreciate what is. I also like Canada and England's dynamic, that though Canada has feels a connection/something towards England, their nation-status and distance doesn't make it possible.

:D :D I like it.

And, I also want a happy ending for those two! Poor Canada. T_T
awaylaughing chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
Oh wow. The idea behind this fic is so beautiful, and you've portrayed it so wonderfully. The languages, I have this huge hang up about existing Nations who've lost their languages, like Canada and America and England and Ireland and so many others.

I love the setting too, Canadian wilderness has a special place in my heart, particularly during the winter. I am just really impressed with this one so I'll reiterate; wow.
Beboots chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Aww... there are so many things about this fic that I absolutely adored.

Firstly, I love interactions between Canada and England in general (as a dual citizen myself, this may be a bit narcissistic, but still!). You wrote them particuarly well here.

I quite liked Canada trying to show England something, and being frustrated that England is just seeing the end point, and not the journey. And I think that it's very in-character for Canada to try to get him to understand (even if he starts to feel silly at some points)... and I LOVED how he tried to get England to see. I really love the idea of multilingual!Canada... and especially a Canada who barely speaks long-forgotten native languages. I liked the details that he wouldn't be able to sing or speak like that in the cities.

I also adored your description of the deep Canadian winter night. Gorgeous. I've been out in the country on winter evenings before, but you can always hear the highways in the distance... something in your descriptions just hit home, for me. :) Very nice.

I also liked that England DOES, after a fashion, understand what Canada is trying to show him in the end. I do so love the idea of England speaking the old languages, before ENGLISH, too. :)

In any case... gorgeous work! :)