Reviews for Lathe
vote for LOTS chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
LOTS is in the top 5 for the Vote Wall Contest TV SHOW OF THE MONTH! we can win this if we all do it together!

TV_Show_of_the_Month/2011/06

Vote every 20 minutes.

The winner & top 25 will be immortalized on the Vote Wall of Fame.

All contestants will be listed forever as honorable mentions. Click "Vote Wall Contests" for more contests. Click "Refresh Page" to update the page. The entire page is also refreshed when you vote.

Hurry spread the word among the fans cuz there is only 13 days left til poll closes.

retweet, spread the news to your readers and friends and fellow LOTS fans!

repost this in the ffnet lots forums!
FCsquibbles chapter 8 . 6/2/2011
Finished Fulcrum and going through Lathe now. Brilliant work. I appreciate a writer who gets into the heads of their characters, but in a subtle and meaningful way. Your story is the first I've read to mention and challenge the morality of a Confessor - if I ever getting to writing the the fic I have in mind, I don't think I couldn't get away with not crediting you. I too thought of a situation to challenge the consequences of a Confessor's actions before I read your fic. Ah well...have to think up more arguments then.

Tickled that you name one of your characters after me - not that you would know, but my name is not a common one.
Elliesmeow chapter 15 . 4/3/2011
I liked seeing the interaction between Darken and his son. It's too bad the boy has no one who really cares for him just as himself.

Can't wait to see what happens next.:) Thanks for posting!

brontefanatic chapter 15 . 2/13/2011
Wow. This story just keeps gettting more intricate and compelling.

The way you write Darken and Kahlan fascinates me.

Instead of telling us how they feel about each other (if they even know themselves!), you show us so many subtle nuances. For ex. You don't tell us Darken is obsessed with Kahlan, you let us see him watching her so closely that he can tell when her pupils change, and noticing the way she moves her hands.

Darken is so intelligent, yet once Richard comes back, he reacts like a spoiled child who has lost his mother's sole attention. And the way he takes it out on Kail sort of breaks my heart. I feel so bad for that little boy.

I wonder - when Darken feels nausea after he speaks so harshly to his son - is it nausea toward Kail or toward himself for what he has just done?

Nicci and the boxes! Anxious to see what's up with that.

A trilogy sounds great to me. I always look forward to your updates!
brontefanatic chapter 13 . 2/1/2011
I was so happy to see that you posted a new chapter today.

There is so much going on in this story, yet you always keep your focus on the characters and what is going on with them.

I love how you write Kahlan. She is very wise and calm - yet there are always those conflicts going on beneath the surface that she hates to acknowledge.

I feel sorry for Kail - he can't live up to anyone's expectations, much less those of such formidable parents. I am looking forward to his first meeting with his father.
arysani chapter 5 . 11/7/2010
Hmm. Interesting idea - that his mother was just as bad as his father and the simple fact of the matter is, between the two of them, his father "won". Makes one wonder if Darken would have been a damn bit different if his mother had "won", considering how the general and Zedd both vaguely referred to her, and Darken's own admission that Panis wanted "powerful children"...
Elliesmeow chapter 12 . 11/6/2010
I'm glad Cara's going to take an interest in Kail. I'm also interested to see if Kahlan and Darken are able to come to some sort of agreement with regard to his heir.

Thanks for posting.:)

adamsfamily chapter 12 . 11/6/2010
OMGOMGOMG! Poor Kail-OMG. Conflicted Cara-OMG. What's going on with Darken?-OMG. Sneaky Oria-OMG. Frustrated Kahlan-OMG.

Eating Zedd-OMG. Plotting Alana-OMG.

I am usually coherent but your recent chapters have been making it hard. This was the best yet.

Epic chapter. I need to know more. Soon. PLEASE!
houseofmirth chapter 12 . 11/6/2010
I loved Fulcrum, and Lathe is even better. For awhile I was afraid that you were not going to finish this, but your latest updates have been well-worth the wait.

Loved the Kail POV section. I feel so sorry for him being thrust into this snake pit. At the same time I am excited to see him with the other characters.

Cara's reaction to Kail and her mixed emotions were very well depicted. I am anxious to see how Darken reacts when he sees Kail.

What's going on with Darken? Is he starting to lose it?

Everybody seems to have a scheme going on and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Elliesmeow chapter 11 . 10/29/2010
Creepy!lol Great chapter. Thanks for posting.

Elliesmeow chapter 10 . 10/29/2010
Interesting conversation. The Mord Sith women are always good for plotting. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Thanks for posting.:)

adamsfamily chapter 10 . 10/11/2010
It's good to see Denna again.

Mord'Sith plotting and scheming. More chess pieces getting set up on the board.

Can't wait to see where all of this is leading.
adamsfamily chapter 9 . 10/7/2010
Glad to see you've added another interlude. It's kind of like watching chess pieces getting set up on the board.

I was pretty shocked at what Alana did to Jennsen, or tried to do, I guess I should say.

I hope we are ready to move from Interludes to a full-blown chapter. But I will be happy with whatever you decide to post.
meltin2me chapter 8 . 10/7/2010
Since I've heard you talk about it I know where the Bram thing is headed.

*is excited!*
houseofmirth chapter 8 . 10/2/2010
I am so glad that you are still writing this, and OMG at chapter 8!

I can't wait to see where things go from here.