Reviews for A Modern Myth
I'm Exceptional chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
The ending killed me.

I just burst into tears every damn time.
lemony anemone chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
BuBuBooms chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Oh my gosh! How do you do it?! Your writing is just... ah! I don't have the right words for to describe it. It's impeccable! I love your story-telling skills.

I definitely felt what Chad's betrayal meant to Rachel. Poor girl. :(
I totally wish this was in the show.
I've never head the song 'A Modern Myth' before, so I looked it up. Good song. :)

Overall, I loved every bit of this. It definitely explains a lot, and it's believable!
Your summary states "A First in 'A Beautiful Lie' Trilogy"... awesome! I can't wait to read more! :D

["That's my girl."] AWWW!

Synaptic-Firefly, you are a genius! :DDDDD
xxHeadInTheStarsxx chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
So I've read this story so many times, but I never get tired of it! I love this so much, and it's so probable that I officially believe that this was how Chad and Rachel acted during their times in KND together. And by the way, that bit where Rachel tells Chad that she found out about his plans and how he's going back for her - that part gets me EVERY TIME. This story is so flawless.
bluepuzzlebox chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I love this and I love you
arissaprincess321 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
WOW!I'm not a fan of 274/362 actually I'm a 1/362 fan but it's just hard to describe how much i LOVED that just keep on makin' those BE-AWSOME STORIES!tnx:D
CluelessMajor chapter 1 . 3/15/2010

OMG! That was some serious and deep characterization on both Rachel and Chad's parts! It was soo impresive, I actually am left speechless. It was so bitter sweet, especially the part where Chad tried to save Rachel and she wanted to stay... omg - your writing has so much emotion, I actually felt the stung of betrayal on Chad's part. aw, i'm awestruck!

11/10! D brava~
SweetHeartCandy chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
I absolutley adored this! This is like now officially my favorite story ever!
angelraider chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
That. Was. Bleeping. Epic. I-whoa. I think you just converted me from a 362x1 to-, to-! To this! I mean, whoa! I- I'm offically speechless. I want, no, need a sequel, or a companion fic. Please. Your writing style blew me away. The way you worded it? Definetly going in my favorites.

Stunned speechless,

RaidersEcho O.o
SamJP chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Nice to see I'm not the only one who likes 274/362
Lord Malachite chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Ok, so I found that I really got lost in this story, and in a totally good way. What hooked me is the subtle weaknesses in Rachel's character-she's younger and less sure of herself in this tale, so her vulnerabilities are more on display. The little stresses that pile up on her as Chad's attaché are kind of cute to watch, mostly because you just know that in the more "modern" era, there's someone going through exactly the same thing for her, although I doubt that Rachel is as popular with the boys as Chad was with the girls. Not a shot at her looks by any means, just an observation.

I enjoyed Rachel's reluctance to take the position in the first place, but she seems to be extremely adept at handling both Chad and his fangirls, and of course, there's the ongoing tragic plot in the background. Indeed, she may have been trained too well by KND Intelligence, as Rachel was the one person that Chas wasn't able to fool in the end. She was his undoing, perhaps. But by the same token, it appears that Chad's betrayal of Rachel breaks some fundamental part of her. Could this, then, be the source of her troubles with boys in the future. While she can certainly get along with them, unlike Fanny, it seems to be difficult for Rachel to put herself on the line and open herself up to someone else. Some of this may just stem from her attaining the position of Supreme Leader, I do feel that this experience left an indelible scar on the poor girl. While love doesn’t feel like the proper word to describe it, it’s rather obvious to me that young Rachel had a significant attraction and attachment to her predecessor. She looked up to him and trusted him, she always thought he would show her the way. And he betrayed her so effortlessly, just as he did the Sectors that were unlucky enough to receive the birthday invitations. It was a rather cruel lesson in how the world works, one that she certainly didn’t deserve to learn in such a harsh fashion. Unfortunately, fate can be a cruel mistress, and Chad’s deceit caused Rachel to grow up even quicker than she already had been. Especially considering her actions in the end. She chooses to die aboard the doomed Moonbase than be rescued by him, indicating that Chad’s betrayal goes far beyond what he did to her. Rachel finds him so tainted and distasteful she would willingly choose her own destruction then to be rescued by him. This is a very adult decision for her to make.

Overall, I really enjoyed how the characters came together. It’s a great little pairing, and it’s not done overtly, making the narrative all the more enjoyable. It’s the little moments between your characters that really shine here. Life was breathed into these characters a long time ago, but with your writing, you’re taking that extra step and making them truly real. May it always be so, your stories are little minor miracles, shining beacons for the entire Kids Next Door fandom. Perhaps one day, our own fics will grow up to be just like yours. Until then, we have you to lead the way.

Solareon chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
I liked your story alot, lol it's funny that this is probabley the only story bout 362 and 274. I think I'm the only one that likes them as a pairing, it'd be pretty sweat if you'd do a second one about after 362 found out about 274 being a spilnter cell for the kids. anyway good story
NinjaSheik chapter 1 . 3/9/2010