Reviews for Not alone
Sherlock's 2nd Blogger chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Ok, this story is AWESOME! and i'm only on the first chapter!
I'm one of those people suckered by the U.S version of Harry Potter, which in my opinion shouldn't have changed from the U.K version except for slight vocab, so I only learned about the whole "McGonagall is Harry's godmother" thing until I read a "Reading the Philosopher's Stone" fanfic today. There are apparently some 'seemingly minor but still important in my mind' changes between the two.
Again, great story so far!
thedarklordsfavoritedungeonbat chapter 7 . 3/16/2013
this is quite a good story, but i think it could do with looking over by a beta.
coffeeonthepatio chapter 2 . 8/2/2011
Hello there,

I hope you don't mind this review. Don't worry, it's not going to be a flame or anything like that. So far, and I haven't read until the end yet, I really like the story. But: I believe there is room for improvement and I'd like to help you with it (if you want me to write this in German again, let me know ;)).

The first thing is words like mom, or ähm. The British English (and I'm sure you know this) is Mum and you'd use 'eh' or 'ehm', or even 'ahm' in English. As a German, I'm a big fan of ähm but I'm afraid English speaking readers won't understand what you're saying there (their fault, but nevertheless...).

The plot itself is truly interesting but I think in order to have a truly wonderful and successful story, you need to expand it. I know it's a drag to write and write and describe one scene in all detail but it's what makes a story great. It felt kind of rushed to me. You know, she's his godmother, he's angry, and then he's not. Maybe you could expand a little on that (I know this story's finished but maybe next time?), describe his inner turmoil, the fact that he has a godmother and desperately wants a family, that kind of thing. I'm sure you had it all thought out but I can't really read it there.

As for betas - I'm not a big fan of them myself. They take ages to read through a story and even miss points and that's just not worth it and your English is good enough, in my opinion (I've read stuff by Americans that was worse, actually), so that's definitely not a problem (apart from the mom and ähm ;)).

All that said, I truly like the story but I think I'd like it a bit better if you could describe more. More thoughts, more internal stuff and not just bang, bang, bang, action. Your plot here is quite unique and well thought out and you could craft a hell of a story out of it.

Again - sorry if you feel offended by my review. I didn't mean it that way. Thank you for sharing!
Refreshingly Original chapter 7 . 7/9/2011
Woah, amazing. Simply amazing.
EmPoweredBeing chapter 7 . 6/23/2011
Well done you! Great way to end the story!
EmPoweredBeing chapter 6 . 6/22/2011
I love it!

You've done really well! Can't wait for the conclusion!
preached chapter 5 . 5/20/2010
Chapter 5 was brilliant.

I love how you managed the plots together with JKRowling's.

And esp so with Minerva as Harry's family.

I think the beginning wasn't as bumpy as you've said and it flowed well with the rest.

Eager to read the next chapter.

:D
DeathCobraEater chapter 5 . 5/1/2010
Beutifull and Heartwarming
whiteoaks chapter 5 . 4/29/2010
Its nice to see Harry have some support after the events of the day and night. I'm interested in seeing where you're going with this story. Will Minerva be communicating with Harry at all during the next school year, will this affect Snape's term as Headmaster if you are following that portion of the books. I'm enjoying your story, but am very curious if and where the story will divert from cannon.
minerva's-kitten chapter 4 . 4/10/2010
excellent update!
cyiusblack chapter 4 . 4/10/2010
update soon
DeathCobraEater chapter 3 . 3/27/2010
Its really good, quite interesting about how Harry has paid atasntion to Malfoy eaven though he dident see him in B&B
minerva's-kitten chapter 3 . 3/26/2010
Another great chapter! Love it!
young wiccan chapter 2 . 3/23/2010
YAY! I can't wait to see what happens next. I've always thought Minerva should have had more of a hand in Harry's life
minerva's-kitten chapter 2 . 3/22/2010
Awesome chapter! I can't wait for more; you really should write more to it. Maybe the Christmas break or summer or something!