Reviews for A Study In Desire
amyh52 chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
Ya right!
Stripedsplashing chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Ohmygawd WHAT? There is good Derek/Casey fic? It exists?

PRAY YOU HAVE MORE! Tell me there is more.

I love it.
pixiestix16 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
AMAZNG. you interrupted my sociology homework, and man, does studying for a class that i have to leave for in ten minutes kinda lose precedence to a good story. i haven't had a good dasey in a a while, and this more than made up for it (so bring some more, yeah?)
BritPaige13 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
i love this. neurotic casey is so funny.
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Interesting way to go about the subject in Casey's POV.

It's funny, once you've had a taste of it, you can't give it up afterwards.

Nicely done.
SoRightItsWrong chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Well for writing this in an hour it's very near perfect. I know you classified it as angst but to me it's kind of more humorous in certain ways. (Or maybe it's just because I'm used to your angst and well, this isn't as angsty.) I just find that Casey's need to put these labels on their relationship is funny. Or maybe it's funny because she would do something like blame being Canadian on her need to sleep with Derek. It's just all so Casey. And while it may be somewhat angsty (how can Derek and Casey not be?) it's a true and realistic.(If they were to hook up that is.) After all, angsty and humorous are two of Casey and Derek's favorite things.

My top three favorite lines/moments:

1. But his hand slips down to her bare leg as he turns, still asleep, and she has this sickening realization, that maybe she'll have to settle for Second Almost-True Kind-Of-Love because if this is it, then even if he didn't do it literally, he's still managed to screw her over. (Classic Casey blaming Derek for her falling in love. I find her need to be in control and his what kind of makes the show. Plus the fact that they would never willingly admit to loving each other. So instead she'll blame him for screwing her over and he'll go on pretending he doesn't want to jump her :p)

2. It's like an advertisement, the sole aim of which is to make you think you want something you probably really don't, and it probably isn't even good for you and Derek is a walking advertisement for sex, and it's probably a scientific area of study, the effect of repetition on the human brain, it actually has nothing to do with actual need or want, and so if he just walks past her like that long enough she's going to want him, like she'd wanted that beautiful car hanging thing, even when she didn't have a car. (Gosh, I love when you write rambling Casey. Like always, blaming her attraction for him on something else. And how logical and Casey like for her to use Science!)

3. And as it turns out, it wasn't about the sex at all- maybe a little, but really not. Because she still thinks of him way too much and she'd only been following Mark Twain's advice - the only way to resist temptation is to yield to it - and obviously he'd had no idea what he'd been writing about because she's yielded and all it's done is made her realize that she really wants to sleep with him again and that can't possibly be the moral of this story. (I feel like throughout any story Casey should have more of an issue sleeping with Derek than Derek having the issue. Because if you think about it, Derek could possibly for awhile blame Casey's 'hotness' as the issue. But Casey is far too logical and too much of a rule follower which is why they fit so well. And somehow you manage to portray that in this sentence... While being angsty and humorous.)

So I'm thinking maybe you should write a book. Which you can dedicate to me. And then I can read it and send you long rambling reviews about how much I loved it. I feel like thats an exceptional idea.

But really. I feel like all my compliments kind of amount to one thing. Or maybe that I use the same compliments all the time (and this is my way of trying to change them.. but it never works.) I will say the whole story was just phenomenal. I always love how you manage to wrap up a story. The last few paragraphs are always my favorite for some reason. And the first few paragraphs. (You know, basically the whole story.)

And kudos for subtly (or not so subtly) telling us that yes, Casey is indeed in love with Derek. What a surprise ;)
BlueArcticWolf chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I like that they fit together. I like that Derek is all Casey wants and hates, but needs because he is, in fact, Derek. I like that he brings her ice cream and doesn't let her have guys over. I adore that it's both about (and not about) the sex. I love how she'd his better half and he makes life refreshing for her. Most of all, I loved this fic. I think you have, once again, a true knack for getting them just right. Keep it up!

-Wolf
sheriff stilinski chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
SO GOOD!

It's amazingly amazing and I'm jealous because I love it so much.
itsi3 chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Aww man! Good job! I loved it! So Incharacter!

Crystal
Archetypical Architect chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Thank you for writing even though you have writers block (pst: I can't tell you have writers block, this is a very good story). I'm really happy with your take on Casey's POV, she's got to be in a state of sort-of denial, that's all I can figure, because otherwise, what the heck, Case? I look forward to seeing the rest of your ideas become stories when they do!
pheobe p chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Well I am glad you are getting over your writer's block by writing!

I am really bothered too that they all look so different in the movie trailer. It's not that they're old but the hair was off with Derek, Casey and Lizzie. Too much hair dye has happened in that family!

And they all looked better with the original colors from the start of the series.
xdress chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
The stylistic difference was not only obvious but also made your heart jump in your throat a couple of times from the sheer descriptive worth. Under your hand Dasey is more. They're hotter, they're more subtle, they're gorgeous. More.
smos chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
A sequel is definitely in order for this! Lol! I loved it! It was awesome!
Leaf26 chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Nice story and nice work...Keep it up!
unoriginal-elizabeth chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Aw - I loved this. It felt very Casey :) I'd write more and leave a better review but I'm on my mobile! Nice job :)