Reviews for The Potter Portraits
Flametusk chapter 21 . 11/28/2016
About who would suspect Trelawney? Well, when you said that there was a manipulator at Hogwarts and it wasn't Dumbledore, my first thought was Snape, but he's a good guy, and so my second guess was, actually, the seer. It would be either her or Sinistra.
TweakyGhostLover chapter 8 . 11/24/2016
YAY SIRIUS YAY MOONY
YASSSS GO SEVVY YASSS BLACK WOLF
lol Minnie YASSS SEVVY PADGOOT PRANKSTERS
YES HELPING THE TWINS WOOO
TweakyGhostLover chapter 7 . 11/24/2016
YASSSS GRED AND FORGE LOVE THEM
Lol go SNAPE I love this SEVVY
I love that he's protective over harry
Lol he's protective over Sirius even love it
TweakyGhostLover chapter 1 . 11/23/2016
YASSS LILLY
lol of course Sirius,
AWWWW LILY JAMES
Guest chapter 17 . 10/5/2016
But Harry is descended from the peveralls, so he would also be related to the slytherins? Also, Snape's dad was a muggle, so it would've made more sense for it to be on his mothers side, the Princes. Also. I'm pretty sure Harry is related to Gryffindor, so he would be an heir anyway?
GBTtown chapter 10 . 8/25/2016
Ten chapters in and no one, other than Quirelmort, has died. More sweetness, more light.
G Fawkes chapter 10 . 8/17/2016
Yeahl... mistakes are killing me, but Sirius thinking Ron is o, brave, or nice... I have to quit before I hurl.
G Fawkes chapter 10 . 8/17/2016
"She was a black haired PUMP witch..."

Say what?!

Care to clarify on THAT description? I just KNOW you aint makin Sirius get no fat chicks!
GF chapter 4 . 8/16/2016
An inauspicious start, when you have 'Amanda' Bones running the DMLE. (Probably about the hundredth person to point that out, huh ?)
Sorry, trying to ease up on the 'grammar nazi' tendencies. Was really looking forward to the NEW stuff, since the first few chptrs were driving me nuts with any number of issues.
Plot and story are what really counts, though. No good having a well written- crap story. So... so far, so good.
G Fawkes chapter 2 . 8/16/2016
How cold is it in Surrey in August?! Why is he wearing his school cloak, again? Robes, yeah. I get it. Cloak? No.
I'm in the U.S., so I don't know, but even Scotland has a summer, right? And they are 500 miles north of London? Maine and London are pretty close in lattitude, yes? You CAN go out without a coat in Maine. Heck, southern Alaska has SOME warm weather!
I think- no cloak.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/23/2016
I agree that Dumbledore can be explained as benevolent, but senile. Not that it is really a consolidation to hear "Sorry you were tormented at the Dursleys, but I really had the best intentions". Even if we accept that, it means Dumbeldore should be prevented from making decisions for anybody, maybe even himself. Yet Dumbledore insists to know everything best and that everybody does as he asks, without questioning his reasons.
It is also possible to try for a stupid Dumbledore, but that is not really consistent with his actions in canon, and it would mean that the wizarding world is in general equally stupid to not realize his stupidity.

James' behavior shows that the magical world seems to have been trained to believe that the sun shines out of Dumbledore's ass. How else would you explain that he tries to prevent Lily from confronting Dumbledore, even after he has seen how Harry was treated?

The Longbottoms were not killed in canon, is this supposed to be AU, or is it supposed to show that Dumbledore is really clueless?

The Potters had no will? A will is a good idea once you have a child, there can always be an accident. Even more so in time of war, where people die all the time. When they know that they are explicitly targeted by Voldemort, a will is a really good idea, just in case.

Dumbledore is the head of the Wizengamot. As such, he should have been present at a trial for Sirius (or anybody else). That his good friend Barty told him about the trial, but he has no memory of that trial, should be a warning to him. Either there was no trial, or he is really getting senile.

You make in important point, Sirius is not just anybody, he was from that House of Black. So he should have either a trial or an opportunity to bribe his way out, like the other Death Eaters. Even if he was believed guilty, he should be questioned for information on others, like at the trial for Karkaroff. This unusual behavior suggests he was intentionally denied his trial. Now we know that Dumbledore had planned to sent Harry to the Dursleys before he sent Hagrid to Godric's Hollow. A free Sirius would have interfered with this plan. So Dumbledore had both motive and means to send Sirius to Azkaban, which makes him highly suspicious.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/8/2016
metamorphmagus*, not metamorphous...c'mon...
Dallasanne chapter 24 . 4/21/2016
Until I decided to look at the author's profile page today, I figured this was a cute little story drafted by a 9-year-old. It has the ridiculous plot points, bad grammar, and total lack of proofreading or editing that you'd expect from a precocious elementary school writer - the things that are easily forgive able in a child's writing, but completely unforgivable in an adult's.

Imagine my surprise when I found that the author is not a child - and is, in fact, someone who claims to have written dozens of books and stories. Oh, my.

The idea - the underlying plot - is interesting, when you can follow it. But even though I' nearing the end of this mess of a story, I give up. It's just too much work to try and parse out the bad grammar, skip over the plot holes, and digest the trite phrases that substitute for dialogue.

I guess it re-defines the phrase, "Age is just a number." In this case, it certainly has nothing to do with maturity or adult-level skill.
Guest chapter 21 . 3/25/2016
Who else saw the betrayal of trawlany coming? I did but
still Think its Probably one of the best twists ive read in my life!
midnightscar17 chapter 10 . 3/10/2016
Why the fuck would you make rons head so big. I despise him. I dont get how ron is good at anything but chess and being a garbage disposal.