Reviews for Like Carrion Men
Aziethe chapter 7 . 6/30/2010
I really enjoyed this series. It always makes so much sense to leave Alistair behind, and the ending of chapter 5 was just perfect. I loved Morrigan giving Aud advice, and the treatment of the Deep Roads in general was just wonderful - that horrible, creepy feeling in the Origin of feeling so very /alone/ and of almost getting killed by darkspawn in the dark isn't something that you would forget in a hurry. I'm hoping that Leliana will comfort her after what must have been a pretty emotional moment of giving the crown to Bhelen and hearing Harrowmont getting executed (well, maybe not the latter so much).
Snafu1000 chapter 7 . 4/5/2010
Not one for long speeches, is she?

I love her harsh practicality, but I *really* hope Bhelen is paying attention, because she doesn't seem to be the type to forget a promise like that!
Sarah1281 chapter 7 . 4/5/2010
Well, that was certainly dramatic. I don't think I've ever seen the 'changing your mind at the last minute' option chosen in a fanfic before. I love how she doesn't even wait to see the results.
Sarah1281 chapter 6 . 3/24/2010
I never thought of how difficult revisiting the Deep Roads would be, although I did recognize that going back to the Aeducan Thaigh might bring back some unwanted memories.
Sarah1281 chapter 5 . 3/19/2010
At least they finally have decent lodgings. God knows that if Leliana had stayed in Orzammar she and Brother Burkel would be well on their way to inspiring the Assembly to see them as a threat and get him killd.
Raindog Bride chapter 4 . 3/18/2010
I am very much enjoying this. It's clever and well-paced, and your characterization's spot on. I very much like your Morrigan, as well as your PC. Can't wait for the next update!
Witchy Bee chapter 4 . 3/17/2010
Favorite chapter, no question.
Sarah1281 chapter 4 . 3/17/2010
Laryn was most likely the Broodmother we had to fight. Hespith was the one with the rhyme. In the game, Harrowmont said the vote was to take place in two days making it a two-day round trip to the deep roads but I'm inclined to think that a two month or so round trip seems more fitting giving that they're not entirely sure where they're going and are covering quite a bit of ground. Still, I do wonder what in the world Alistair and the rest are even up to back in Orzammar.
Sarah1281 chapter 3 . 3/15/2010
I like the thought of Morrigan 'persuading' someone to give her a room. Harrowmont, since she's going to be working for him, should at least be hospitable since he's the one who let her know about the Grey Wardens. Did she get the Shield and the note from her father and find out what happened to Gorim yet? Again, I am really loving the more realistic take on an Orzammar Princess.
Sarah1281 chapter 2 . 3/9/2010
Oh, finally! A story about an Aeducan who's NOT sickeningly saintly and would have long since gotten herself killed had she really been like that.