Reviews for Worth Dying For
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
This story is so well written, I actually could feel how devoted he was to his boys, and how he would sacrifice anything for them. I particularly liked paragraphs 5 and 6. I felt like they really portrayed why people do such heroic things in war. Its not for their country, its for the man on your left and the man on your right. Thank you for the amazing fanfiction story. (And I really found the last sentence kind of amusing.)
Kallios the Scholar chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
You took all the stuff that I was trying to say about Barnes, and then put it down on paper (well, a screen, really) and now it makes more sense than ever. This is HIM, definitely. And very well written. Great job!
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Woah! It is so incredibly well-written from every choice of diction and adjective and figure of speech. You captured what could be Barnes's dilemnia. Although it doesn't explain why he killed Elias. when they're on the same platoon and I think the same rank although Barnes might be a little bit higher in rank. Which is higher in rank? Staff Sergeant (which is Barnes) or Sergeant (which is Elias)?
PiriPica chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
I am so glad you wrote this. Platoon fics are rare enough in general, so it's great to find such a well written one. Especially since it's about the most interesting character ,in my opinion, and canon to boot. Your portrayal of Barnes was spot on. In particular I liked the intro with the rain, and the final sentence.

If you have written (or intend to write) more Platoon fics, I would love to read it.