Reviews for A Parallel Universe
stephiejack chapter 17 . 4/16
Thank you so much for sharing this story with the world. I was completely enthralled by the writing and the story itself deeply resonates with me as it's similar to my own life. I'm still in the early chapters of my life and I just wanted you to know that this story helps to strengthen my resolve to have a happy ending just like Drop Dead Fred's. I was like Lizzy in childhood but I didn't meet my Fred until I was eighteen and he's been there for me ever since. Six years later we are a struggling little family of four but we couldn't be happier and someday I want to help other troubled kids find their own way just like Fred and Lizzy did.
Moving. Touching. I cried and laughed. I loved it thank you so much for writing it. I wish you well in your life and endeavors.
darthcat chapter 17 . 9/10/2014
This is...one of the best romance stories I have ever read and I read stories on fanficfion every day! So thank you for this amazing story that I read through my whole day without finishing it:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Guest chapter 17 . 8/4/2014
This is… wow. I'm so glad that I stumbled across this story. I was having a little debate with myself about whether I should leave a comment until I read your A/N. I sincirely hope that you keep writing, because this was great. I couldn't tear myself away from it. So thank you for an amazing story.
frankie chapter 16 . 7/26/2014
wow! i have read this amazingly poignant story in two days and i have to tell you how absolutely sensational it was! i completely respect you for keeping it dignified and mature throughout and need to thank you for writing it. The story of Drop Dead Fred hit a certain note with me too; i find it very personal. Your interpretation of this additional story has become truly intimate and dear to me, and im sure many others. i have honestly never cried so much at a piece of writing, you are remarkably talented! thank you!
Gravity Fair chapter 17 . 7/25/2014
Dearest fanfiction writer... I can't even describe the heartache and joy I feel right now. I randomly found your fic and I thought, I'll read it and see how it's goes... I ended up not being able to tear my eyes away. I even read some of it at work, when I undoubtedly could have been written up for having my phone on me. It seemed so silly, but it wasn't. The way you write is indescribable. I was sucked in. I don't know how to describe it. My heart soared and fumbled at your words and your stories. My throat is choked up. I love you, dearest writer. Thank you so much for deciding to continue the drop dead Fred fic. It helped me immensely. -Grav
ghoulina chapter 17 . 7/24/2014
After following this story for so long, I was kind of sad to see it finish, it was beautifully written and the emotions communicated so well and on such a level that it truly hit me as a reader with each instalment. Can I just thank you or writing this beautiful piece of art, it is, in my view professionally crafted and so well thought out, the ending had me smiling so much my cheeks still ache as I write this, I'm so happy Lizzy and Fred got their (much deserved) happy ending. Watching Fred mature and grow with Lizzy in this fic was a real treat and something that I'm glad some-one explored :)

Reading your authors note made me realise just how much emotion really was poured into this and I feel the need to thank you once again for this fic I know it's not easy to put a your own experience into a fic, sometimes it can be quite painful, yet cathartic at times...I understand what you mean with regards to relating to Elizabeth...DDF Is and will always be my comfort movie, one of my all time favourites because of how I relate to it. I think that is the beauty of the film, people dismiss it for the childish nature and immaturity but they miss the relationship between Fred and Lizzy, the support and the way so many people can relate to it.

I'm really so glad you came back to this fic, and glad the community you found here helped you in some way, I know I found this fic uplifting when real life got too much for me, your authors note actually bought tears to my eyes as I read (and I'm not a woman easily moved by the written word trust me) especially the end, because every-one has a Fred in their life, some-one who bolsters them in the storm, holds you when the worlds crashes in atop your head and does stupid stuff that makes you laugh when you just wanna cry and every Lizzy is so thankful to their Fred's and sometimes they don't even realise that what their doing is so extraordinary and all because their just being themselves, and sometimes if your very lucky a little bit of that Fredness becomes engrained within yourself so even if you don't always have them in your life theres that little voice in the back of your mind that pipes up when things are bearing down and proclaims in a proud sort of way; "What a load of shit!"...sorry kind of went on a tangent there but what I mean is thank you, thank you ,thank you, thank you. Really. Thank you for the journey, the ups and downs, the laughter and the tears and thank you so much for giving Lizzy her happy ending :) and your right, you never know the power words can have, I'm pretty sure you didn't when you bought a young woman a little bit of brightness of her shitty days.

I wish you all the luck of the world In your future endeavours, you are a very talented writer and I hope your work gains the note it truly deserves.

Ghoulina xo
DesertDragon chapter 17 . 7/13/2014
Hello. I found your story just as you were posting the last chapter and your authors note. I have always loved the idea that Fred was in more of Lizzie's life. I have at least 10 DDF stories planned of my own...but you're story was so extensive I think you covered half of my plot bunnies and I'm not sure some of them bare writing now! Particularly the high school/jealousy storylines, which were some of my favorite parts of your story.

I was also very touched by your authors note; stories (and the act of writing them) are powerful things, aren't they? Very healing and I can sympathize. I hope you find the time to write more. It's hard to get those original ideas out of your head when they've been in there for so long: I know writing fanfic has always helped me to keep in the habit. So if you're ever in a slump, you should post more here! (And try Nanowrimo!)

Anyway, thanks for posting this, and keep writing!
Misty
Sun-chan1 chapter 17 . 7/7/2014
Wow, thank you very much for finishing your story and for sharing with us what led you to finish it. I'm only sorry I took so long to finish reading, it but once again, I've been devouring it since yesterday. I absolutely love the way you finished it. Thank you so much!
WENN9366 chapter 17 . 7/3/2014
First of all, thank you so much for your kind words to me. I read this last week, but I haven't had time to review and respond until today. I just wanted to say that the encouragement was a two-way street.

Part of the reason this story has stuck with me through the years is that your depictions of Polly were so close to what I had experienced with my own mother growing up. The crazy phrases and digs that seem so off the wall are things that I grew up with. Emotional abuse is probably one of the hardest things to live with - the scars are all on the inside and it's hard to make someone who hasn't gone through it understand that these scars are just as painful as a black eye or a broken arm. Sometimes I think they are more painful because we are forced to deal with most of it alone. And they don't fade easily, the scar tissue stays long after we have forgotten what exactly was said that hurt us. We build walls inside of us to protect us from getting hurt in the future and hide behind them, watching the world suspiciously, afraid to get too close to other people.

There is an awesome website that has helped a lot with the healing process. It's a series of blogs/topics written by a woman whose mother was a narcissist, but her insights and the way she writes just warms my soul. FFnet won't let me put in a link, but if you search "Narcissists Suck" on Google, it will pop up.

I'm so glad that you have been able to find comfort in your writing. I have found the same in mine, and I have to thank you again because your story was my impetus. I pray that your future is filled with all the love and happiness that you deserve, and if you are ever feeling alone and think that no one understands, just remember that there are people who do.
WENN9366 chapter 16 . 7/3/2014
What a wonderful ending to a wonderful story. Made me cry at the end. :)
WENN9366 chapter 15 . 7/3/2014
Fred feeling like he needs to go and get a job and be responsible. Who thought they'd see the day? It just goes to show how much he has grown and matured right along with Lizzy. Fred in school? Talk about the final frontier, lol.

On Lizzy being pregnant: coming from a relationship with a narcissistic mother myself, I knew what she was thinking before she even said it. My biggest fear was always, "What if I'm just like my mom was to me?" It's a terrifying spot to be in. But I read something in a book years ago that really helped. It was something along the lines of; if you are worried that you might become a narcissist, chances are good you aren't one and will never be. True narcs don't worry about what they are doing to people. They don't lay in bed at night crying about how they lost their temper and yelled at their kids. We all have times when we aren't the nicest people in the world, but feeling bad about it shows we are healthy and that we care about others.

Fred is so wonderful, I love his "visits" with the baby at night. Gosh, that was all so sweet. Although I hope he ran the name by Lizzy first, ;)

(And just a btw that I forgot to put in the last chapter's review... I just wanted to thank you for not falling into the pit that so many writers do by feeling the need to describe love scenes in torrid detail. To me, it's more romantic to leave it to the imagination of the reader instead of giving a 'play by play', if you will. )
WENN9366 chapter 14 . 7/3/2014
Funny how the clothes that Judge Fair gave Fred were outdated. I suppose he is a little out of touch with the real world. Looks like he thought of everything with the birth certificate. Love how Fred being real was the one thing that Lizzie had always wanted, but never dared to hope for and now Fred is finally able to tell her the whole story behind himself and his world.

My favorite part of this chapter has to be when Charles shows up. ROFL! I could absolutely FEEL his confusion and embarrassment. Guess he got a little of his own medicine.

And then when they visited her mother... This part was very realistic, and unfortunately she will likely never accept their marriage and will always be a thorn in their side. But at least in the world of DDF, Fred and Lizzie have lived through her mother's bad behavior before and will do it again, together.
CrazyVideos50 chapter 17 . 6/28/2014
Amazing ending! I'm really sorry to hear that your ex-husband cheated on you, your story is one of a kind that everyone in the world should read and enjoy, all chapters were worth reading, I love how you wrote down Fred, I may like his crazy and wild personality a bit more but you made him very interesting this way, I really hope you write some more Drop Dead Fred Fanfictions one day, like I said they are worth reading.
Saphirabrightscale chapter 17 . 6/27/2014
Wow, that was amazing. I'm sorry about the things you've been through but it's amazing to see someone triumph over these things. I actually think you put Fred in character 100 percent. You made him gentle out his love for Lizzy and how he grew up for her. Also those paintings you described are so beautiful I wish they exist. Your epilogue concluded the story wonderfully! At first I found this fanfic as simply the most in character and in story but it is now a beautiful novel of love, triumph over shipwrecks, an inspiration, and a powerful story of the inner child and it's power. I'm really glad I found, thank you for witing it, and good luck to you. :)