Reviews for Respectable Rogue
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This was a very charming character piece. I really enjoyed how you explore the contrasts between the respectable Don Diego and the daring Zorro while the caballero was dressing in the fox’s clothes. It shows a lot of originality and you make many wonderful observations about the character, the time period and what motivates him.

I hope you will consider writing for Zorro again. It’s always nice to meet another fan of Disney’s Zorro (and Guy Williams) and Johnston McCulley’s original story. :-)
Ida Mirei chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Great text! It perfectly catches the charisma of Diego/Zorro. I have read it many tiomes, and I stil keep returning to it. And it perfectly suits to the character created by McCulley and Disney (THE Zorro, also for me).

My favourites:

"It may have been slightly lopsided, but that just added a certain rakish charm."

All of the little unspoken rules of conduct that nevertheless tied him as surely as ropes. In such times as these, rope was only used for hanging.

"The night parted, welcoming one of their own"

Beautiful! Afetr reading it I can enjoy the TV show even better:)
WolfDaughter chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Marvelous! This was a beautiful tribute to the man we all know and love. It left me hoping you would write many more Zorro stories. Frankly, I think there just aren't enough out there that focus on the Disney Zorro that I love so well. I like the Family Channel version as well but it's just not the same. I love the original version of Zorro the best (Johnston McCulley's and the Disney version which he contributed to). Hope to see more from you in the future!