Reviews for Starvation 1
Guest chapter 26 . 8/21/2014
this is boring
Floatfoot chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
I love the style you've used for the story so far. It's so matter of fact and casual, but at the same time, the words carry weight. The tone and what's being talked about- 24 children fighting to death- creates a nice contrast. It suits the irony of the capitol loving the Hunger Games.
ectobiologies chapter 26 . 8/17/2012
This is freakily amazing, and I loved this story. I read it in January this year, before I created this account, so I am only reviewing now. You are a brilliant writer, and I'm sorry that this review is long overdue. I've also read the sequel to this, which is amazing.
You are amazing for writing this. I won't be surprised if you one day become a real author.
I love the last three paragraphs of this.
It's all so real.
I love each character. Narcis, Eulkichu, To, Rhiattany.
Each one of them is vivid in their own way.
Awesome job.
SadMovie23 chapter 3 . 7/13/2012
Well, this is a real improvement over the previous chapter. More action, development and characters to get attached to.

R u still in fanfiction? Please just leave a quick reply if you are still out here.
SadMovie23 chapter 2 . 7/11/2012
Review revolution tells me to review this chapter, instead of doing it only at the end of the story.

So far, it's quite good. The characters have inconprehensible names and are mostly cardboards, not to mention some scenes are a bit ridiculous (girl dying bitten by snake). But otherwise the kids are reacting quite believably for their first game in history, and the story is going forwards in a good place. DoubleFeature reccomended this story to me, and I'll read it until the end before going to the other sequels.
LilyMT-chan chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Great stroy! I really enjoyed it. Ut was beautifully written!
MomoMouat97 chapter 25 . 5/2/2012
First i want to say tht this is awesome. You are a great auther. Second, GET PUBLISHED!

I ewill BUY AND READ ALL OF YOUR WORK!
LazyDaisy123 chapter 24 . 4/23/2012
...

Well, that was just too amazing for words!

You are an incredibly talented author. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! And when Flute French died, I almost grabbed my computer and threw it.

Almost, because I still needed to see what happened in the end, of course.

The epilogue was perfect! Chilling and clean. I loved some of your analogies around the capitol. And just in general too; there was one about Jiminy's face and black light that stood out.

Please keep writing!
WoR chapter 26 . 4/3/2012
I know you finished the fanfic a while ago, but I just had to review ! It was great, I seriously loved it. I read other fanfics about the first hunger game, and I always though that the first should be kind of a fail for the capitol, so they learn from their mistakes and make "better" hunger games. That's why I thought yours was great.

And I totally cried the last few chapters.

Great job !
pearl chapter 24 . 3/31/2012
Congrats, this fic made me cry. A little. I'm too manly for this But it's So Sad. And not in a contrived way, either. It's an honest tragedy, and I do mean honest, about the most honest portrayal of tragedy that I think I've read in a while. Wriainin's PTSD might just be the best(worst) part of it all.

A wise man named Joseph Stalin once said. Happy Hunger Games everyone, and may they be ended quickly in Mockingjay, just as soon a I get my hands on it.
Namine'stwin chapter 20 . 1/16/2012
SAD I was nearly bawling when flute died
RavenAmeraDreams chapter 26 . 12/21/2011
Wow...just wow. I have a bad habit of not reviewing until the very last chapter (I often come upon completed stories and just read them all the way through) and I apologize for that. But I want you to know that your story was amazing, and just as riveting of the books themselves. And now, I must read more of your works! Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful story; it was beautiful.
Maeahru chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Masterfully told!

So many different PoV's should be difficult to write and read with much understanding but you did an excellent job. I did have a little difficulty remember all the names, particularly within the group. I didn't know who Jiminy Frank or Audio Lome [etc] were so much as Sparky or Tech-it confused me at times to see their actual names.

Chapter 15 did not quite convey any meaning to me. I can see the possibility of it moving the reader but for me it didn't quite make me love, hate or despair for any of the contestants (or interviewers).

Finally, you did an excellent job with twists and turns. I could see a lot of the situations coming chapters in advance, however, this wasn't a poor choice. You stayed true to some of the events (after all, certain characters will act in a certain way and/or are stronger than other characters); you twisted some of the events to be slightly surprising but still logical; and occasionally you'd give a real twist to keep the reader on their toes.

I read through the entirety of your [Hunger Games is owned by Suzanne Collins, no profit was made by my reading of this fan fiction!] story and quite enjoyed it - Thank you!
brigrove chapter 26 . 12/2/2011
well written and engrossing
carmencielle chapter 7 . 8/18/2011
Just found this story in thecommunity. It's really good! Love the ending of this chapter :)