Reviews for A Death in the Family
SaraiEsq chapter 2 . 9/18/2014
Well done.
St PA chapter 2 . 3/21/2010
Dear Snooky

Thank you for responding to my comment. I appreciate your explanation. And yes, I did read the Epilogue also. I apologize for not commenting. Your story was wonderfully written even though sad. The closure with Colonel Hogan visiting Olsen's family was precious. Thanks again.
snooky chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
To the previous reviewer. Thanks. I never start posting until I have an idea where the story is going. Even if it's not finsihed. did you read the epilogue? Anyway, I hoped you liked the story even if it was sad.
St PA chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
I just wanted to thank you for COMPLETING your stories - especially in a timely manner - and not leaving the reader hanging for weeks, months, or years waiting for the end.
Jennaya chapter 2 . 3/13/2010
Wow very touching story that brought tears to my eyes. I liked the way Hogan spoke to Olsen's family after the war. Very well done.
konarciq chapter 2 . 3/11/2010
You do know what youre doing, I hope? ;-)

I really like the epilogue!
Simone Lyon chapter 2 . 3/11/2010
That was a good short story, albeit sad. It was well-written. I loved how Hogan went to see Olsen's family, and told them what really happened. And I also was glad to see that Olsen was buried on the Schnitzer's farm. I read "The Outside Man", so it was sad to see a character that I had learned background on, get killed like that. At least he didn't suffer.
viggosloof28 chapter 2 . 3/11/2010
Wow, this was great. Really very touching, and nice to see what Olsen's life was like outside of what we see in the episodes. Thanks for posting! :)
L J Groundwater chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Sad to make it Olsen. But a well-told story. It's going to be hard for people to pretend he never existed... and showing Hogan having to say that mroe than once was an excellent peek into what it's like for him as the commander to have to make that decision.
The Senior POW officer chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
**Sniff** I never thought anyone could bring me to tears but you did. Even though I don't like my men being killed off by anybody, at least you did it realistically and let me pay my respects to Olsen's family.
bugaloos chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
A very sad, yet very realistic story. I thought it was very well written; you have a talent for writing stories involving tragedy. I'm glad you included the epilogue, as well; it was perfect to complete the story. Thank you for sharing this; it was touching, and heartbreaking...and truly moving.
Deana chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
Wow, what a sad story! Great job!
ColHogan chapter 2 . 3/10/2010
Excellent story, and although short in length incredibly powerful in content and meaning. Even though I wasn't sure you would post it, I'm glad to see you did. You do have a passion for angst and bringing people to tears. Well done.