Reviews for Home Leaving
Psychopomposity chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
I really like anything that humanizes the Avatar and repositions him/her in the context of being and average man/woman of Earth, and I quite approve of the offhand details of the hero being some manner of academic and having a wife and family.

Some of the second person narration is a little over-the-top for my tastes (although I too am guilty of a bit of melodrama here and there), and the family was just a little on the overly wholesome Cleaver-esque side, but overall I like it. Good job. Hope you write more in the same vein.
SpecialAgentOrange chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Why do I get the impression that this takes place before Ultima VII?... I feel sad as I go through this tangent. :(

... Anyway, you did a good job creating the atmosphere; you've characterized a person who may have the same beliefs as Batlin, but has the decency to not go down it any further. It also shows the realism behind the setting the Ultima series, being an average person with a life in one world, and a paragon of goodness with a duty in another world.

I applaud your efforts and hope you may continue where this leaves off, as well as your endeavours in writing.