Reviews for Eternitys Frozen Embrace
Rita01tx chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Goal met! A broken heart really can kill you!
Hespera2 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Indeed - who would want eternity? I certainly wouldn't want that, and that's why I never understood Bella's decision. Well, I am not really the target audience either - I am an adult with advanced degrees - and I guess that really shows.

I would not want to be left behind and witness the destruction of everything I know, the death of loved ones, and the inability to ever get close to people. Yes, love between two people is wonderful, but it should never be all-consuming (it's unhealthy), and there should always be room for friends: new and old ones. Giving and receiving in return.

I know that Twilight is a fantasy, but some of the ideas and ideals propagated in it are frightening, and I wholeheartedly agree with you that eternal existence (we won't call it life) is at the top of that list.

Thank you for writing a mature story that does not shy away from conflict and character death.
mephis1 chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
'tis the Christmas season, the time for tinsel, jollity and enforced merriment. Hence, my search for a Black Balloon. I'm glad I stumbled across this one shot. In case you haven't glean the sentiment between my lines, I love this story hard. Yes, vampirims can be both a curse and a blessing (I guess). But the thought of spending eternity watching the human race run itself to the ground, to see humanity end up like the scenarios in 'The Road' or to witness the end of days, helpless and alone, is terrifying to me too. I like the way it ended, Bella in the snow and Edward realising that he has a lot of atoning to do. Till the end of days. Thank you for writing this one shot.
kismit1496 chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
you fucking bitch - that was just mean! now i"m bummed out for the rest of the day!
SnowyHedwig chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Nicely done. I really liked your style of writing, it suited the piece.
Anisah Pinky chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
*tear* i thought it was going to be a refreshing and non dead bella or edward..nope.. wonderful story...edward had to be a big jerk./ :( great story marie ... tear..
octoberland chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
I almost cried. Does that count? I think it counts. This was lovely and heartbreaking. It was also very triggery for me but I own that. I never get mad at authors for that sort of thing.

I'm going to pimp this. Good luck in the contest.
bklover08 chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
yes, sometimes the end of the story means that someone is left still hurting and missing the love of their existence - not all love stories end up happily, do they?
TwiMom22580 chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
WHOA! I am so glad I waited until today to read this! If I had read it during the week, it would have helped my already depressing mood!

I thought it was great though. Different take on New Moon.
kattungen chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
I have re-read this story about ten times now, and have wanted to leave reviews every time but never known exactly what to say - you've rendered me speechless. As I mentioned to you on Twitter, the way you describe the end of the world and the possibilities of what those living forever have to face when it's time to face the End is something I've thought a lot about, and was exactly what I wanted to write about for the Black Balloon contest. The only downside about that thought is that you've described it about ten thousand times better than I have.

I also love what you did with Victoria, the way she left Bella to suffer because she knew that leaving her would hurt her more than dying. That right there is pure angst. Also the way Edward decides to punish himself. Imho, Alice should just have changed Bella in the hospital, but then again it wouldn't be angst :p

Marie, you've done great (again), and I wouldn't be surprised if you win the BB contest. Congratulations on yet another masterpiece bb 3
guilliotine chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
So very beautiful. Your style reminds me very much of Mrs_theKing; simple and understandable,yet so beautiful and full of emotion it hurts. Very, very good. *appl├ąderar*

/G
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
That was positively Victorian Marie, I am shedding sweet tears of romantic tragedy like it's 1889. I heart you VV
ColourmeCullen chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Woman, I hate you so much right now ;) I was fine up until Charlie finding her in the snow.. then the floodgates opened. I very rarely cry reading fics but this one just jumped out at me. Damn you! ;)

*off to watch cute kittens*
projectviviana chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Marie! That was so heartbreaking, soulripping and pure angst! But it was beautifully written. You have such a way with words that it felt like MY heart was breaking!

LOVE IT!
Sunshinemommy chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Now that's angst! Beautiful, heartbreaking, soul-wrenching angst. Great job!