Reviews for as you are the apple of my eye
Beachgirl25 chapter 1 . 5/5
This was an awesome story! I will on your site for more!
bluemooncafe chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
this was so beautiful that i couldn't help but leave a review to say you reminded me how much i used to love these characters. your original characters also have individuality and verve to them-well, they're probably original-i wouldn't know, LOL-i only recognize the names that belong to the original roddenberry production. the last time i watched star trek was at least a decade ago. i don't think i paid any mind to any star trek after voyager, but this brought such joy to my heart, despite the fact that i have not read the story that established the bond between uhura and spock. i did not need to, because their bond here was beyond any questioning, skepticism. i don't suppose you'd find it flattering if i said i wanted to give all the characters a big glomping hug... _ i remember the line about kirk welcoming a klingon war party... just to have something to do...

the end is exquisitely beautiful. to be honest, i wished to remain young with uhura, remain with young uhura, and i wasn't sure i wanted to go there... but when i read this,
My sight was not what it once was. Many things about me were not. At the unspoken thought, Spock took my hand in his, and a moment later I could feel my vision sharpening and clearing as I was fed the world through his eyes. I squeezed his hand back once in thanks.

tears came to my own old eyes. thank you so much for writing this.
Dimplz chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
This was a wonderful story. You have a gift with words.
Traveling Muse chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
That was amazingly cool.
Gerriv chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
OMG! What a wonderful story! I just found it and it is just amazing.
Redd1978 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
You're just too darn good, lass:). THXs for the story. chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Thank you for this story!
coocoohachoo chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
I. Loved. That.

Omgz. I love your writing.
Spockchick chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
This was just spectacular. Gorgeous, heartfelt, touching and loving. You have real talent.
cccahill18 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books, and I love all the connections you made with that and this fic :) Kudos- a great/sweet story!
Marshallana chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
One of the most beautiful, heartbreaking, yet joyous stories I have read in such a long time. I am so glad this was posted all at once instead of into chapters (I think some of the emotion would have been diluted). I also loved so many of the science/sci-fi elements present. I don't think we see it often enough. Brilliant work!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I love your stuff so hard. Just the moments of love between these need to have them making out every five seconds (although that is nice), you manage to show the intimacy between the's beautiful. Loved the idea of her being his eyes and working together. I loved it.
thanks2sirtimbl chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
What a grand read! Very much like being drawn into the world of Jane Eyre and not wanting to put down the book. You write a reserved, intelligent Nyota so well. This is one that will linger in my mind and I'll come back and reread.
Botsey chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Isn't love grand. The 'for better or worse' is deeply explored in this story. Thank you for the reminder that true love conquers all! It is my conviction that even without sight, Spock would have remained a valuable crew member and Nyota would have remained at his side as it should be. Thank you!
Babita chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
What a beautiful reflective story.