Reviews for With or Without You
effleurage chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
Hey! Garrett is from my turf. How did I not know about this charming story? You are an incredibly gifted writer. I love the ways you characterize and your fluid prose.

I am very interested in Tanya, even more than Edward. I don't say this very often because her character is usually pretty flat. I can't wait to read more.

Thanks for sharing!

Jen
tinkytinka chapter 5 . 3/30/2010
Bella and Jacob there is so much history and love there, an then there's Edward. It's hard to say at this point what went wrong other than just time and life. I wonder if Tanya was a reason for Edward ending things with Bella? Great up until now, love your writing! :)
Raewright chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
You've made me like these people. Your sympathy for people leaks through the writing, I'm guessing. Even Tanya. And I get Bella's annoyance with her. Gee, Bella has every reason to avoid her like the plague not to even mention the contrast of Tanya's "has it all life" and Bella's loss. And I totally laughed at Bella's annoyance with the phone. I've been known to snap "what!" at my ringing phone. How dare someone call and interrupt me! lol

So Garret, huh. Sadly, I kind of like him, too.

Does writing this drape you in melancholy all day?
idkmuch chapter 2 . 3/30/2010
Oh, coming face-to-face with a past love & those feelings of awkwardness and pain. Do we ever get over our first loves?

I think this is telling "...untill the children's voices - his… mine… not ours..." b/c it seems as though the love they shared once would have eventually led them down the path to children of their own.

This is painful and heartwrenching b/c it seems as though Bella has found & lost true love twice.
bb198703 chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
wow, this is one of the most well written stories i have ever read...i also like that the chapters are not real long...cant wait to see what happens next!
tinkytinka chapter 4 . 3/30/2010
A beginning to a potentially beautiful love-story that ended too quickly, they seem like they could have been so great.
tinkytinka chapter 3 . 3/30/2010
I like the length of the chapters, it's nice to read a well-written chapter that isn't drawn out for too long. Especially when you write without revealing too much, just the most important.
tinkytinka chapter 2 . 3/30/2010
That's tough, and very emotional it seem for both of them. So good still!
idkmuch chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
I discovered Volition recently - devouring it in a day & I'm sorry to say, never reviewing. So, when I put you on alert & received With or Without You, I promised myself I'd correct my ways & review.

You have such a beautiful & easy way with words - it's effortless for me to imagine this laid-back summer day, the little girl on the trampoline & the desire of the little boy to join her.

LOVE the description of her daughter as a "fairychild." That struck such an emotional chord for me.
tinkytinka chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
So I'm finally reading this, been meaning to since you first started posting. It was an intriguing summary. This first chapter doesn't reveal much but it's good. :)
LovesTwilightFanFics83 chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
nice a lil love interest for Bella...she deserves it...let her have some fun with the hottie lawyer ;-)
SweetDulcinea chapter 5 . 3/30/2010
Ugh, I can make personal connections to this story on several levels, and that makes it such a dramatic experience for me to read. Not in a bad way, though - your writing is wonderful ) Charlie answers the question of the tree trimming of course, and now I have to wonder what he will think of Edward living next door.

I cannot blame Bella for being torn between her memories and longing for Jacob and the long-gone hope that she and Edward would be together. First love is difficult to overcome, even when you both have lives that are (or were) reasonably happy. The heart does crazy things...
SweetDulcinea chapter 4 . 3/30/2010
So sad b/c it's something that so many young people go through during the transitions of high school and college, and it's difficult b/c relationships are truly a HUGE part of your world at that age. You don't have much - school, friends, and significant others, and there's really it, so you build your world around those things. Edward's life was changing while Bella was forced to be where she was. That doesn't necessarily mean that you want to hurt someone, but it still happens. Been there...I think a lot of us have. You described it beautifully...tragically, especially since our minds are trained to for . P
SweetDulcinea chapter 3 . 3/30/2010
Hmm...I wondered in the last chapter if Bella's husband was military and away or perhaps had died. Her comment in the first part about hoping he never trimmed the trees threw me off a little. A very sad thing for a family to go through, of course, and I completely understand her mother's reasoning for keeping the house for Sophie's sake. This should add an interesting dynamic to the story.
Babette12 chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
Oh, good, someone for Bella. She's lonely and needs a friend. Get that girl? Friend? Hmm, hope Garrett gets it.

So something is off about Tanya? Probably unhappiness. She knows she should be happy, and tries to act the part, but being married to a doctor simply isn't working for her. It doesn't seem to be working for Edward either. I'm wondering what seeing Bella with Garrett will do to him.

Great job hon! xoxo!