Reviews for With or Without You
hookedontwi chapter 5 . 3/30/2010
Firstly, grilled cheese with tomato is so good.

I can only imagine how her heart must've seized up, seeing E carrying her daughter. The conflict that must exist in her heart.
hotandcold chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
Uh-oh!

Ideally, should Bella pursue something with Garrett and leave married Edward alone? Of course.

But, you know, bo! :)

Can't wait for more!
hookedontwi chapter 4 . 3/30/2010
Better off as friends, as if...
hookedontwi chapter 3 . 3/30/2010
I'd have wanted out too. I think Charlie was right though to convince her to stay; at least up until the point that it's too painful for her so that it creates a stress to her daughter that outweighs the benefit of being in the home.
hookedontwi chapter 2 . 3/30/2010
I'll confess that I've caught up with this story to date, but I read it without being able to review (cause blackberry is apparently anti-fanfic-review), and I loved this so much that I had to come back to it.

I got the rec from ezrocksangel via twitter. My God, I cursed her on twitter for sending out the h/f but in fact I love it.
haguchi chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
there's something about this story that breaks my heart, but i still like it.
sweetmama77 chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
Hm... looks like things are about to get even more complicated!

Very well written chapter, Ro. You have a beautiful turn of phrase. Some I particularly like:

"My stomach aches the way it does when I think about him unexpectedly; an isolated picture in my mind becomes a thousand and then I'm crying again, salt silently slicking down my cheeks." I can really feel her loneliness here.

"I walk toward her voice, judiciously ignoring the pictures on the walls..." Just in case you wondered if it still hurts...

"Guilt floods me because I am often annoyed by her and I just don't know why. It isn't because she's Edward's wife. It's something subtler, something less tangible. Maybe I'm just salty she has a man for whom she seems ungrateful and I'm alone." Yeah. Exactly. I totally *get* that.

Beautiful work, bb! Thank you for writing. I'll be looking forward to the next update! :)
manda2784 chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
Oh, I wonder what, if anything, will happen with Garrett.

It sounds like Tanya is not happy in Forks. I can't really blame her though. It sounds like it's just her and Jaimie alot of the time, and she doesn't really know too many people.

Looking forward to reading more!
sakari-x chapter 8 . 3/30/2010
I just love that last line, just so perfect! And she was strangling him? I wonder how he figured she was doing that. Loved the chapter!
hijenks chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
I had no idea you were writing another story! So happy and now I have you on alert so I won't miss out in the the future. I love your attention to detail. Just the first chapter and you've drawn me in.
idkmuch chapter 9 . 3/30/2010
Love your description of Halloween & Sophie as sugar-drunk. Aw, Sophie & Jaime's first fight - I hate that for them, but I love how quickly they made up. I'm jealous that it can't always be that easy.

I feel for Tanya - for her isolation, for her apparent unhappiness & restlessness. I wonder what she thinks, living next door to her husband's old flame? She doesn't come across as jealous, rather maybe a bit resigned or unsettled. It seems as though she has a touch of wanderlust or maybe a desire to "free fall." You've definitely piqued my curiosity into Tanya & Edward's relationship.

And no need to justify the short chapters. You pack so much in with so few words. I'm constantly awed by your beautiful words and your strong-as-hell Bella.
sakari-x chapter 7 . 3/30/2010
Now what does Edward want to talk to Bella about? How he dumped her? That should be interesting. I really love Sophie, she's just so cute in her mannerisms. Loved the chapter!
idkmuch chapter 8 . 3/30/2010
"Their companionship is near symbiotic these days and I hope to God it stays platonic as they grow older, that hormones will never, ever interfere with the simplicity and ease they share." - Oh, this is so beautiful and sad. I think her relationship & fallout with Edward is coloring her view a bit b/c unfortunately, even childhood friendships are fraught with strife.

Even if it was completely innocent, it bugs me that Charlie talked to Edward about Bella and didn't tell her about it.

I don't know what to make of Edward's confession. He thought of her? When? Why? Has he been thinking about Bella during his marriage to Tanya? I wonder if he's been emotionally adulterous. And it makes me angry, if he has. I am at once outraged, incredulous, and full of pity over his reasons for dumping Bella in his youth. Truly, what a nightmarish and childish excuse. I am completely frustrated by Edward right now.
neuroticris chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
I'm so glad I stumbled across a rec for this on A Different Forest. I love your writing and this one is no exemption. Just a little sad that I only had 10 chapters to read. I like the pace you've got going. It conveys the heavy/banal mood of the story.

I'm looking forward to your next update.
Bethelbelle chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
I read way too much fanfiction, so I truly mean it when I say this story is an absolute jewel.

So refreshing.