Reviews for With or Without You
sweetmama77 chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
Hm... looks like things are about to get even more complicated!

Very well written chapter, Ro. You have a beautiful turn of phrase. Some I particularly like:

"My stomach aches the way it does when I think about him unexpectedly; an isolated picture in my mind becomes a thousand and then I'm crying again, salt silently slicking down my cheeks." I can really feel her loneliness here.

"I walk toward her voice, judiciously ignoring the pictures on the walls..." Just in case you wondered if it still hurts...

"Guilt floods me because I am often annoyed by her and I just don't know why. It isn't because she's Edward's wife. It's something subtler, something less tangible. Maybe I'm just salty she has a man for whom she seems ungrateful and I'm alone." Yeah. Exactly. I totally *get* that.

Beautiful work, bb! Thank you for writing. I'll be looking forward to the next update! :)
manda2784 chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
Oh, I wonder what, if anything, will happen with Garrett.

It sounds like Tanya is not happy in Forks. I can't really blame her though. It sounds like it's just her and Jaimie alot of the time, and she doesn't really know too many people.

Looking forward to reading more!
sakari-x chapter 8 . 3/30/2010
I just love that last line, just so perfect! And she was strangling him? I wonder how he figured she was doing that. Loved the chapter!
hijenks chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
I had no idea you were writing another story! So happy and now I have you on alert so I won't miss out in the the future. I love your attention to detail. Just the first chapter and you've drawn me in.
idkmuch chapter 9 . 3/30/2010
Love your description of Halloween & Sophie as sugar-drunk. Aw, Sophie & Jaime's first fight - I hate that for them, but I love how quickly they made up. I'm jealous that it can't always be that easy.

I feel for Tanya - for her isolation, for her apparent unhappiness & restlessness. I wonder what she thinks, living next door to her husband's old flame? She doesn't come across as jealous, rather maybe a bit resigned or unsettled. It seems as though she has a touch of wanderlust or maybe a desire to "free fall." You've definitely piqued my curiosity into Tanya & Edward's relationship.

And no need to justify the short chapters. You pack so much in with so few words. I'm constantly awed by your beautiful words and your strong-as-hell Bella.
sakari-x chapter 7 . 3/30/2010
Now what does Edward want to talk to Bella about? How he dumped her? That should be interesting. I really love Sophie, she's just so cute in her mannerisms. Loved the chapter!
idkmuch chapter 8 . 3/30/2010
"Their companionship is near symbiotic these days and I hope to God it stays platonic as they grow older, that hormones will never, ever interfere with the simplicity and ease they share." - Oh, this is so beautiful and sad. I think her relationship & fallout with Edward is coloring her view a bit b/c unfortunately, even childhood friendships are fraught with strife.

Even if it was completely innocent, it bugs me that Charlie talked to Edward about Bella and didn't tell her about it.

I don't know what to make of Edward's confession. He thought of her? When? Why? Has he been thinking about Bella during his marriage to Tanya? I wonder if he's been emotionally adulterous. And it makes me angry, if he has. I am at once outraged, incredulous, and full of pity over his reasons for dumping Bella in his youth. Truly, what a nightmarish and childish excuse. I am completely frustrated by Edward right now.
neuroticris chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
I'm so glad I stumbled across a rec for this on A Different Forest. I love your writing and this one is no exemption. Just a little sad that I only had 10 chapters to read. I like the pace you've got going. It conveys the heavy/banal mood of the story.

I'm looking forward to your next update.
Bethelbelle chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
I read way too much fanfiction, so I truly mean it when I say this story is an absolute jewel.

So refreshing.

Love.
sakari-x chapter 6 . 3/30/2010
I'm thinking that things are never as perfect as they seem anywhere. There's always secrets, skeletons and other things lurking. Interesting to see Bella making friends with Tanya. Great chapter!
idkmuch chapter 7 . 3/30/2010
"I'm a barefoot kind of girl..." Yes, me too. I hate wearing shoes & mourn spring/summer when I need to wear socks for comfort around the house.

I love your Sophie - she's so real. Not wanting to wake up & chosing a breakfast that wasn't available...I can clearly see this little girl.

I'm torn. I'd like for Bella & Edward to reconnect as friends, but I also feel like he has no right to ask her to let him in. I can't blame her for rebuffing his attempts at friendship years ago. I imagine that the pain of his leaving her was potent for many years. Just as the pain of Jake's loss will echo for years to come.
CullenObsession114 chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
sigh. I have to wait a bit for E/B won't I? haha
idkmuch chapter 6 . 3/30/2010
I love the budding friendship between Sophie & Jaime; and I find it adorable that he lent her a shirt. I'm imagining Bella giving a good-natured albeit exasperated eye roll when she discovered the Spiderman shirt.

I didn't realize that Jake's death was so recent. I can't imagine how hard the first day of school is going to be & then the upcoming anniversary of his death.

I sorta like this tenuous relationship Bella & Tanya have - friendly because their children are close. Poor Bella. It looks like she'll be tied to Tanya & Edward for some time. I can't imagine how awkward it will be for Tanya when the truth of Bella & Edward's past relationship comes to light. Will she be jealous of a teenaged romance or will she maturely accept the past.

And yeah, we never really know what goes on in another person's home - their happiness, joys, fears, frustrations, etc - we can guess & assume, but it's not for us to know.
amymorgan chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
Nicely done - as usual! Charlie the chef is a different change of pace, and refreshing. I don't blame her for chugging the wine quickly. Your Bella character is consistent of character, given the magnitude of her loss. To make Jake sympathetic is a feat! Great writing. I really like this story. Thank you!
kwvillen chapter 10 . 3/30/2010
Hi, my name is Kathy. And I'm a Twilight fan-fiction addict.

So, here's the thing: it doesn't matter the permutation. I just love me some Bella and Edward. They can both be 12 in middle school. They can be vampire and human 17 year old. They can live in 1970's Northern Ireland or they can be late 20-somethings with their own children from separate marriages. If you're a very talented writer, and you are, Rochelle Allison, then you're feeding my addiction.

Yeah, I'm a twi-fic addict. And I don't want to stop.
4,236 | « Prev Page 1 .. 255 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 275 .. Last Next »