Reviews for Fractured Wisdom
Guest chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
Stop with all the damned female wardens
LeanoraPascault chapter 7 . 4/19/2013
Thank you for your story I really, really loved it!
MyNameIsAverage chapter 7 . 5/24/2011
I absolutely adore this story!
Sileneau chapter 7 . 1/30/2011
I don't normally review stories (I know, I'm bad), but I had to de-lurk to tell you how much this story impressed me. It was smart, well-paced, and in-character. There was real drama, a conspiracy that was well put together, and a happy ending. Furthermore, you weren't afraid to give it a little edge and grit (with both the settings and the characters) that made the story all the more dynamic and fun to read.

There are definitely some places that this story could be improved and expanded upon, but it's really a gem of DA FF (especially for Alistair/Cousland). If you have any desire to move onto original fiction, I think you could have a bright future.
Morality0duality chapter 7 . 12/21/2010
this was as big a mindfuck as inception or conspiracy theory on true TV I like it is awesome good work.
Morality0duality chapter 3 . 12/20/2010
what sort of magic is celene holding over her or is it threat of invasion in ferelden. information on morrigan what.
Liss1922 chapter 7 . 10/6/2010
I love this story. I have read it twice now and probably will a third time!
thinkdragonage chapter 7 . 10/2/2010
I just love your stuff so much. SO WELL DONE.
Terenbas chapter 7 . 8/9/2010
Its interesting that you postulate that Duncan could be behind the events taking place within DAO. How dare you sully his name! Blasphemy.

All kidding aside, its encouraging to see that people actually are thinking intelligently about the DAO universe instead of stupid slash stories between Zevren and Oghren.
Jenna53 chapter 7 . 4/19/2010
There was too much angst and not enough happiness for my tastes, but the story was compelling enough to keep me reading to the end anyway. I think maybe I will try reading another of your stories. Thanks.
Zute chapter 7 . 4/15/2010
This is the second story of yours I've read today and you never fail to leave me stunned and surprised and enchanted by your writing.
Grand Delusions chapter 7 . 4/8/2010
I've already told you I love the chapter headings, but it never hurts to say it again.

I suppose the one thing I don't understand is why Cousland went to Orlais. The first chapter was very emotional, and her leaving made sense, but Orlais did not. Her arguement about Wardens remaining neutral was weak- was she planning on raising an army for Antiva next? Especially with the Cousland background story of her family fighting against the Orleasians, rather than being loyalists like the Howes were.

If I discounted that Orlais made no sense to me, then the remainder was far more believable. The idea that she went to Orlais and then got in over her head with Celene was very well planned out.

Alistair's dialogue was a particular favorite of mine. His interactions with Zevran were great.

Celene is a fantastic character. Horrible, and I loath her far more than Anora, but she's fantastic all the same. How she manipulated Alistair and Cousland was very well done. The twist with Cousland and the letters was even better.

The last chapter felt a lot like falling, kind of dizzy and disorienting. I love the idea of Duncan manipulating the entire situation to get his recruits, of Loghain and Howe not being opportunists. It was an amazing twist.

The ending was satisfying, and totally worth getting through the emotionally difficult chapters.
Bert8813 chapter 7 . 3/30/2010
this story was beautifully written i loved the political intrigue with Celene wanting to rule all of Thedas but some parts of this story were a little confusing like in the first chapter it looks like Cousland was almost assassinated but Zev said she wasn't hurt. overall this is a great story.
2278084 chapter 7 . 3/25/2010
I'm going to echo Eilam Wordsmith: Just how can this have so few reviews! Perhaps it was too political, or perhaps the prologue put people off. I admit that it did deter me at first. Its lack of coherency, however, makes sense as the story progresses, and upon rereading it after completing the story I find it congruous.

I recall that there were some places where there were some odd omissions from the text, as if you had typed a word but then accidentally deleted it. I was engrossed and did not take the time to note them - a testament to the quality of your writing, as the copy editor in me tends to be relentless about such.

But is this the end of the story? It seems to be. The profile does not say whether it is complete.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 7 . 3/17/2010
Very interesting! I like your revisionist take on the Wardens, and canon would seem to support it-especially Loghain's seemingly bizarre personality change. He was right of course: the Orlesians were Up to Something. Because the Orlesians are always Up to Something.