Reviews for Every Silver Lining has its Cloud
Cyricist001 chapter 11 . 3/7
A train would be a poor choice of transportation for Faerun.
First nothing is faster than a magic portal, its basically instant and mages can make them permanent.

Second Rust beetles are going to be swarming the tacks in no time.

Also Forgotten Realms looks primitive, but looks can be deceptive. D&D is a high magic fantasy setting with scifi elements (AI, cloning, planetary travel, railguns and energy weapons etc). There is even a book 'Chaositech' that has nanomachines, mechanical walkers, anti gravity devices, chainswords etc...

I know that you wish to present the Earth humans as special and advanced...but the reality of the setting is that Toril is only slightly behind us in certain areas and leagues ahead in other (and I'm not talking magic).

They have: Oil of Impact or as we know nitroglycerin, alchemist fire or napalm, flying ships, flying city's, underwater city's and submersibles and materials that cant be destroyed. Clockworkers are basically droids without any magic used in powering or making them. They even had steam locomotives at one point and can make glass-steel. Anyone with decent knowledge of alchemy skills can make salves that do most of the things magic does including raising the dead, gaining immortality and creating a item that any peasant can use at any single time by purchasing the item from the alchemist who can make it in large quantity in advance and simply stock pile it like a modern pharmacy.

Also D&D vampire lords are a bit different from normal vampires. They can walk in sunlight and will regenerated even if fully disintegrated.
The only way to 'kill' one is to cut of his head and place it into a sealed container filled with holy water. The body should be burned and scattered into the sea.
Nothing except that will 'kill' it...and if by some chance the head is removed from the container it will reform the vampire lord no mater how much time has passed since his decapitation.
Cyricist001 chapter 9 . 3/7
Actually a Nuke isn't that impressive by D&D standards. The asteroid around Selune was made when the dragons tried to destroy the King Killer Star and missed nicking the moon. Even a average wizard could summon void stone's from the Negative energy plane. Even a smallest fragment of a void stone can destroy a planet. The elven high magic destroyed a large empire populated by human psionics, something no single nuke can do. And as the Shadovar showed a wizard can obliterate a town with a hand-gesture, so a nuke shouldn't seem so powerful to Dove (then again the Shadovar didn't return at this point)..

Hell, there was a spelljammer in Amn/Athkatla, Lantanese gnomes know how to create golems and automatons and even have factory's where they are mass produced including their own smoke-powder weapons

Also if I remember correctly Menzoberranzan had around 60k inhabitants.
Cyricist001 chapter 7 . 3/7
So basically they need energy for the town.
A oil refinery/source for their vehicles.
A ammunition factory sulfur, lead, iron, copper, coal etc mines or a trading caravan that will bring it there. smelters and other factory's that will turn the ore into something usable.
Food.

If they can get one wizard to make a proteum generator at least the energy would be fixed easily.
Cyricist001 chapter 5 . 3/7
Obold wasn't king at that moment, that happened some ten years after Mithril Hall was found.
Cyricist001 chapter 3 . 3/7
Actually in the novels Simbul, the Chosen of Mystra casually disintegrated an entire island and levitated a castle sized rock.

And there are more dangerous characters/monsters running around.

Dove should know things like that.

PS: I'm actually enjoying the story, and its very well written I simply point out things that I don't agree with. The chapter is excellent, so don't think my little 'inputs' are because I don't like the story.
Cyricist001 chapter 2 . 3/7
So they were teleported to Toril...that is good and bad.
Toril has enough magic to bring SD back (Elminster visited Earth on a few occasions canonically).

The bad part is the whole planet is constantly fighting of invasions from other planes (Hell, Abyss, Far Realm, Negative Energy plane, the Mind Flayer homeworld etc...)

Also Torils moon has a asteroid field, I'm surprised nobody mentioned it.
Number III chapter 47 . 2/3
This story was fun to read. Until this chapter. I really, reaaaally hate cheat-shit instant turncoat mindfuckery bullshit. And given the last time this was updated, I highly doubt I'll ever get to see it resolved. This was a really terrible place to leave off. It probably wasn't intended to be left here, but that's simply what happened.

And then after the mindfuckery bullshit, you went with possession.

And... you know what? I hope you have a nice day. I just wanted to give you my two cents: you've ruined your story with this. Diabalous ex Machinas are just as bullshit and irritating as Deus ex Machinas. The entire situation feels so, so contrived. Perhaps it's possible in canon to do these things, but that doesn't make it feel any less cheap. If you're going to make the good guys lose, it has to feel believable. This just screams 'rofl they never had a chance and now everything's going to shit because, hell, DRAMMAA! mwahahahaha' whilst twirling a mustache.

So again, I hope you're doing well and continue to do so. I hold nothing of this against you, but felt that I had to state my opinion.
rifful chapter 25 . 1/8
the doubles ploy, most likely the demons, is leaving the plot sloppy and confused. not a big fan in what is otherwise a remarkably well told and interesting tale so far. Let's hope it doesnt degenerate into more of this confusion.
Annoyed guy chapter 31 . 3/12/2014
Aluminum is a weak metal. This has been annoying me for the past two chapters.
You're thinking of titanium, not aluminum.
tarrangar chapter 47 . 1/31/2014
what has happened to the wyrmlings of the Morueme blood? it was clearly stated that the leader of the flight had grandwyrmlings back at their lair when they attacked that should mean that there should have been atleast 2 wyrmling in the lair when the willows arrived unless they have somehow died.
Monshroud chapter 47 . 12/9/2013
Boooo! You killed off Xander! Boooo!

Other than that, great update! Can't wait to see more!
Zyanadryn chapter 47 . 12/6/2013
Ahhhh... Xander's are dead! Please don't let the next update be a year! 6months tops! :)
kalosThesorceror chapter 47 . 12/4/2013
i cried in happiness when i saw this
Sdarian chapter 47 . 12/5/2013
I'm glad to see more of this. Kind of bummed that Xander died, but still happy to see more.
So you want to be an Author chapter 47 . 12/4/2013
So glad to see this udated! I'd say it's my favorite story, but you've got quite the selection to pick from...