Reviews for The Taming of the Cat
Aggie12 chapter 30 . 5/8
Wow, this story was just wonderful! You did an excellent job on it, and thank you for sharing it :-)
lizy2000 chapter 30 . 1/24
Loved the story now favourited!
Jingyee1511 chapter 30 . 12/4/2014
I swear that this is the best Fruits Basket fanfiction that I have read, and the one I have enjoyed the very most. The idea of setting Furuba in Victorian era, and doing such a splendid job of it too! I've always loved Victorian classics and I'm in awe for how much attention to detail you put into propriety and the standards and customs then.

Honestly speaking I could not imagine the Sohmas in the context of the Victorian era- with their habits and their personalities such as that of Kyo, Ritsu and Ayame, but really, it was extremely enjoyable to read all the descriptions you gave of Kyo when he could not be bothered (and propriety be damned) and when he did, how absolutely charming he was. Ayame too- eccentric yet so fitting into Victorian context under your pen. The idea of Akito being the mother hen! While I was somewhat disappointed Kureno did not enter the picture I can fathom the rationale for that, and with Akito's personality it does make sense for her to be mother hen, bossing everyone around and pecking at them when they do not fall in line.

I'm rambling and I think my review is going to end up not doing justice to your wonderful 30 chapters worth, but I really enjoyed the depiction of Shigure, Kyo, Yuki and Haru under Tohru's perspective. They become totally charming, really- I particularly loved Shigure's carefree style (particularly when he was riding); the epic moment when Yuki noted to Tohru that Shigure did not object to "lecher", just "old"; and Kyo's waltz with Tohru. You made it really wonderful- there was somehow still a difference between how Tohru and Yuki interacted, how she was charmed by Haru, and how she liked Shigure... In the smallest of ways you made her attraction culminate in this brilliant romance.

Oh and while I find it somewhat saddening to miss out on an adorable young romance between the ram and the tiger, the depiction of them as siblings, too, was really enjoyable a read. Arisa and Yuki are kinda unexpected, but the brief exchanges still held much potential even though they in comparison saw little emphasis? Anyhow I will stop rambling, but really, nice work and I truly enjoyed this fic!
Rosie chapter 30 . 5/19/2014
OH MEH GAWD! I loved this story! Do you have others like this?! Please tell me! This was so adorable and so AWESOME! Thank you SO much for entertaining me!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/17/2013
Debutantes-debutantes all for me! Debutantes! Hahahahahahahahaha! That had me rolling good one!
alwaysNaruHina chapter 30 . 12/27/2012
Love this story. The first fruit basket story that goes to my favprite list
Missing Ending chapter 30 . 11/25/2012
I found your story after I spent several days searching for new ones through FanFiction and I'm certainly glad I did. It's so wonderful and it's made me laugh and cry so much in a ecstatic kind of way. I adored it.
Perfetta chapter 30 . 10/28/2012
Love it! So much, it hurts to see it end.
RuruDarling chapter 30 . 9/5/2012
Just wow! I loved everything about this. Fantastic writing and originality. Reading it was a huge pleasure. Thanks!
xXCherrydawnXx chapter 30 . 7/16/2012
My name is Isabelle!
hellobuhbye chapter 30 . 6/3/2012
OHMMYGOSHH. i loved this kyoru fanfic! i think it might be one of my favorites. especially the ending. LOVELOVELOVE
Rikku-Lin-Minouke chapter 30 . 5/9/2012
I just have to tell you, I love this story. You did such an amazing job with this. When I started reading it I was happily surprised to see someone who could write a historical romance that was accurate and still include the story of the anime/manga. I fell in love quickly with your story. You kept the characters together nicely and I think Akito was one i was surprised about, in a good way mind you. She was so close to her personality at the end of the manga, that I was pretty much jumping for joy in my seat. I've read so many historical novels that I knew right away everything you talked about and I felt right at home. You created each and every scene perfectly. It was detailed but not to the point where it was boring. I have to admit I've read some pretty poorly written stories with a good plot, but if you cant write it well then it falls apart, however your stories had it all. I felt like i was glued to the computer for the two days it took me to read it all. I especially loved the relationship between kyo and tohru (of course), you made it stretch out and tease the reader and keep them trapped into reading more to see what happens. By the end I had fallen in love with their romance (all over again haha). I loved it so very much. Thank you for writing something so wonderful!
The BlakRoz chapter 29 . 4/27/2012
"Hmm...oh yes. I love you, too. Now, les talking, more kissing."

I just finished your story, and I had to come back a chapter to copy this out, because this was the one line that had me cracking up the most. Beautiful story. Absolutely ahmayzing. I loved the way you actually worked the Zodiac curse into London society. Most like this don't do that. I truly do love it. "D
Ravanyss chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
eww i do not like this story... no offence :P
Atalae chapter 30 . 2/6/2012
I must say, sometimes I wonder why I am willing to slog through hundreds of horribly written, plot-less, soul-crushingly bad stories on this site. Every once in a while, I'll stumble across one worth reading. Even more seldom will I find a story that makes the untold hours of mediocrity that is usually found here worth while. Your story is an example of the latter. I usually do not enjoy mixing an established plot with a setting that is completely foreign to the original. However, you have created a completely believable and appropriate version of one of my favorite story lines, stayed well within the individual character traits of the original plot, and managed to do so while using a time period, location, and society that is so far removed from Fruits Basket that I can almost forget that yours is not in fact the original take. Well done!