Reviews for The Taming of the Cat
if you ever get published, i will buy your book
the plot thickens, and i'm loving it! kyo tohru waltz made me want to watch that dancing scene in disney's sleeping beauty. ooh, could sir john be one of the murderers? on a side not i can imagine ayame in a regency outfit disturbingly well.
i love regency fics, and this story was a fine example. thanks for taking the time to write it.
FeatherTreeForest chapter 5 . 12/29/2015
This is great! I can't even articulate how fantastic this is.
FeatherTreeForest chapter 2 . 12/29/2015
This is shaping up to be a really neat piece!
FeatherTreeForest chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
You say this is your FIRST time writing a fan fiction? This isn't a re-write? Damn... This is fantastic; I am so glad you made the attempt.
Aggie12 chapter 30 . 5/8/2015
Wow, this story was just wonderful! You did an excellent job on it, and thank you for sharing it :-)
lizyeh2000 chapter 30 . 1/24/2015
Loved the story now favourited!
Jingyee1511 chapter 30 . 12/4/2014
I swear that this is the best Fruits Basket fanfiction that I have read, and the one I have enjoyed the very most. The idea of setting Furuba in Victorian era, and doing such a splendid job of it too! I've always loved Victorian classics and I'm in awe for how much attention to detail you put into propriety and the standards and customs then.

Honestly speaking I could not imagine the Sohmas in the context of the Victorian era- with their habits and their personalities such as that of Kyo, Ritsu and Ayame, but really, it was extremely enjoyable to read all the descriptions you gave of Kyo when he could not be bothered (and propriety be damned) and when he did, how absolutely charming he was. Ayame too- eccentric yet so fitting into Victorian context under your pen. The idea of Akito being the mother hen! While I was somewhat disappointed Kureno did not enter the picture I can fathom the rationale for that, and with Akito's personality it does make sense for her to be mother hen, bossing everyone around and pecking at them when they do not fall in line.

I'm rambling and I think my review is going to end up not doing justice to your wonderful 30 chapters worth, but I really enjoyed the depiction of Shigure, Kyo, Yuki and Haru under Tohru's perspective. They become totally charming, really- I particularly loved Shigure's carefree style (particularly when he was riding); the epic moment when Yuki noted to Tohru that Shigure did not object to "lecher", just "old"; and Kyo's waltz with Tohru. You made it really wonderful- there was somehow still a difference between how Tohru and Yuki interacted, how she was charmed by Haru, and how she liked Shigure... In the smallest of ways you made her attraction culminate in this brilliant romance.

Oh and while I find it somewhat saddening to miss out on an adorable young romance between the ram and the tiger, the depiction of them as siblings, too, was really enjoyable a read. Arisa and Yuki are kinda unexpected, but the brief exchanges still held much potential even though they in comparison saw little emphasis? Anyhow I will stop rambling, but really, nice work and I truly enjoyed this fic!
Rosie chapter 30 . 5/19/2014
OH MEH GAWD! I loved this story! Do you have others like this?! Please tell me! This was so adorable and so AWESOME! Thank you SO much for entertaining me!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/17/2013
Debutantes-debutantes all for me! Debutantes! Hahahahahahahahaha! That had me rolling good one!
alwaysNaruHina chapter 30 . 12/27/2012
Love this story. The first fruit basket story that goes to my favprite list
Missing Ending chapter 30 . 11/25/2012
I found your story after I spent several days searching for new ones through FanFiction and I'm certainly glad I did. It's so wonderful and it's made me laugh and cry so much in a ecstatic kind of way. I adored it.
Perfetta chapter 30 . 10/28/2012
Love it! So much, it hurts to see it end.
RuruDarling chapter 30 . 9/5/2012
Just wow! I loved everything about this. Fantastic writing and originality. Reading it was a huge pleasure. Thanks!