Reviews for For Love of the Game
AuronLu chapter 6 . 3/21/2010
Aw. Go, Berrik!

To quote my perennial almost-but-not-quite-there Dodgers, "Wait til next year!"

Since I just watched my first spring training game, I'm particularly in that frame of mind.

This is a great story, more original than 95% of what's out there, and a fun insider's look at the Al Bhed, Luca, and Spira.

Your Gazna Ronso is just great. You just brought to life yet another minor character nobody else has noticed. I adore it when secondary (or in this case, tertiary) characters get their moment to shine.
AuronLu chapter 5 . 3/17/2010
Why do people troll? Luckily, the rudeness of that comment inspired me to check out this story. This is an original idea and great execution, fleshing out each of these minor characters into real individuals and bringing the world of Luca and the Al Bhed to life.

I like the way you've worked in a little bit of Al Bhed without it being intrusive, usually managing to indicate the meaning so we don't have to stop and reach for a translation tool.

I like the dynamics you've set up between the different team members, and the way you've created little incidents showing, not telling, the way the Al Bhed get treated by others. The fact that they have to sleep on the ship is a good touch, and Eigaar's recollection of Gazna is great.

Tiny detail: I think Berrik was standing with the "team captains" in the cutscene where Mika addresses them before the match.

Also, I'm wondering if you're going to work in Yuna's kidnapping, the reasons behind it. Or perhaps Tidus bumping into Berrik and - was that Nimrook? - outside the Aurochs' locker room.

It's good writing. Keep going!
Kisdota-The Freak Gamer chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
M... I DON'T HATE IT, IT'S WELL DONE, BUT IT'S JUST NOT IN MY TASTE, YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA