Reviews for Full Circle
SanguisAnima chapter 6 . 2/19/2014
Aww man, when's the next update? This has been going really good, too...
WeirdRaptor chapter 5 . 6/1/2012
Puny Mortals: *uses taunt* Ineffective.

Hrist: *uses homicidal rage* SUPER EFFECTIVE!

I loved Hrist's encounter with the slavers. It was HILARIOUS.
Eternal Wanderer chapter 6 . 11/22/2011
I'd like to start by saying that I rather like this story overall. You manage to get some good depth of emotion and it's pretty funny to read as well.

However, in some of these later chapters you have rather glaring scene transitions that grated on me. I don't like reading when I can't easily follow what is happening. I'm not talking about needing to know everything that's going on everywhere, I'm just talking about being able to understand what is seemingly occurring in the current scene being described.

I feel like the sudden jump in circumstances after the event in the temple at the forest of Woe to where we had difference scenes of things going on in the aftermath is the worst of these.

Hrist's scenes were not so bad to follow since in her viewpoint the transition was instant and continuity made sense. However, the other ones were a bit harder to follow and the joking with the larger group was a bit excessive. It feels like most of those characters have no real depth to them and the joking was a way to cover that up and prevent there from being any need to develop them more.

In your defense the biggest flaw with the game you based this on is that the extra characters in it have no depth at all since they each only get like one introduction line and one line to say if you meet them again after they are reborn and that's it. Not much material to work with. I like the game itself a lot, but characterization for the people you pick up is something the first game did FAR better.

You are doing a great job with Hrist and Arngrim though. I've liked all the chapters and scenes featuring them.

I hope this feedback is helpful to you. I do plan to keep reading as updates get posted.
Ishidoro chapter 6 . 10/12/2011
Hello there! This is actually the first review I've dropped for this really good fic... I remember you're asking us, the readers, about the "dividing" of the story between serious and more funny moments, and I have to say, chapter 6 was the best one in this aspect so far! You really nailed it, and this is probably my favorite chapter of your Fanfic, alongside chapter 3 (awesome fighting scene!). Keep up your good work and update soon!
Imbri of the Moon chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
Sorry to hear about your bad news. Am happy to see that Rod, Mylan, and Cromm are alive and... well scarred mentally and... maybe not well but alive? Eh heh... Seriously though, this is one of my favorite stories on the site to date.
Imbri of the Moon chapter 5 . 10/1/2011
Oh you're awful, there's so much death and destruction but all I can do is laugh myself silly! I don't remember if I commented on the awesome that is Hrist, so let me say it anyway: Love her. The poor thing just can't catch a break though can she?
Imbri of the Moon chapter 4 . 10/1/2011
Everytime I read about the forest of woe in your fic, I laugh myself silly, and that just seems horrid for some reason. XD
ZodiarkSavior chapter 6 . 9/30/2011
This has got to be the best FanFiction I've read so far...

Teach me? I'm serious. It's like I have a permanent case of writer's block.
Tamaki chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
Haha! Well, I was planning to read this, but then I saw,"ZOMG! She is also using a plague like thing tew! Who knew?" so I found this coincidence funny. xP I've been working on a RufusxAlicia story for a couple of months, and I will admit I froze when I found out you also had a similar idea. xP

I will admit I am afraid to post my story (which will probably be in a couple years or more) since I am afraid people will think I am a copycat, when I had a similar idea.

So, I would love to read your story because it sounds awesome and your descriptions are good (along with the character relations), but it will be one of the joys and prizes I get once I finish my own RufusxAlicia story. :)

Anyway, have an awesome day! *Waves*
coltheart chapter 6 . 8/10/2011
I have to applaud you for this awesome chapter. I don't remember the last time I laugh so hard at a story. Great job, keep it up. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Iseria Dweller chapter 6 . 8/10/2011
Oh man ;_; a divorce? Ouch *hugs* I'm not going through a divorce but I am going through a tough time coping with bipolar depression due to family, work, money issues (blah blah not getting any younger, not bringing in too much money) blahblah.

It is getting extremely difficult for me to write humorous or light hearted fanfics after all that I've been through just like you.

I'm currently giving one of my old Valkyrie Profile fic that I never got to complete, a totally new spin though but it seems to have lost all it's humor now is completely...odd o_o or plain ...sarcastic, akin to Freya trying to convince an innocent, sane mortal that total annihilation of mankind fun! _;;;;

I totally love how you characterized Hrist's inner anguish at the start of the fic. I wonder if Hrist ever breaks down when no one's looking from all the pressure Odin puts upon her shoulders...
acein12 chapter 5 . 5/9/2011
"Unfortunately, as Lash was about to find out, was that she could still fight like a Valkyrie, and the Aesir, by nature, were a lot stronger than normal humans."

Lenneth - Hit in the back of the head with a small rock, needs to get medical treatment.

Hrist - Crashes into a tree at 40mph, only has a headache.

Maybe just Hrist is a lot stronger than humans...

Overall good chapter. It seems Hrist is now in a alternate dimension, I can't imagine where the story is going next, so points to you for unpredictability. Your fight scene was...pretty good. It mainly consists of Hrist defeating them in one hit, so great detail isn't required.

But I do have a question. If the Aesir are by nature so powerful, then why do they rely on humans to fight their battles for them?
acein12 chapter 4 . 5/8/2011
"Hey don't judge, this is the most exciting thing to happen since the tumbleweed that blew by 3 weeks ago."

Most. Epic. Line. Ever.

I was kind of hoping to get to read about Argrim, Roderick, Mylan, and Cromm's misadventures in the Forest of Woe, but this DOES help readers understand the consequences of Marcus' actions. Overall, good chapter.
Iseria Dweller chapter 5 . 5/5/2011
I had to stop halfway before I choked on my vitamin pills, LAUGHING at the river dancing part LMFAO! I could actually picture it ALL in my head OH GAWDS! *rolls around laughing*

Poor Hrist! The crap she faces everyday!

That aside, you actually took the trouble to explain the finer points of medieval warfare in your story and how the fights took place instead of just saying "There was a war in Artolia, people were dying and the King devised an ultimate war plan to wipe out all of their crazy neighbours."

And then comes the case of the slavers and Oh GAWDS LMFAO TEH CRAZY IVAN *in hysterics already* !

The comedy was totally awesome, it did lighten up the otherwise, oh so dark story about Artolia's demise!

I shall be waiting patiently for the next chapter XD!
Iseria Dweller chapter 4 . 4/26/2011
This so TOTALLY made my day but I bet you've heard that a thousand times from me already XD! You keep me hanging off the edge of my seat, wanting more!

I've seen heaps of these dead rising/RESIDENT EVIL esque plots but this is the first time I've seen someone attempting it in VP style, with excellent story telling (not to mention, writing) skills !

I'm extremely impressed. Even without Hrist being in this chapter for long, you got hold of my interest for the whole entire chapter.

What happens next?

Your update is really slow (but hey it could be work and all that jazz!) but every time a new chapter comes out, I will read them and even if I can't do so immediately, I will shove them into my PSP and read them privately because it is DAMN worth it. )