Reviews for Regret
Oh my god chapter 20 . 4/25
I used to love gardivors. Now, because of you, I can never look at them the same way. You made me grimace when they were described but this is just something else. I don't like that you picked gardivors to do this, but I still loved it. The writing was phenomenal, you made me someone who loved gardivors want to kill them all right along side him.
Vandenberg chapter 60 . 2/1
You've done an amazing job in writing this up - I finished chapter 58 yesterday with the biggest case of post-epic catatonia at ass o'clock in the morning. Coupled with the usual insomnia, sleep wasn't very swift to follow. :L While I'm glad Callum's quandary worked out, Adryan's death gave everything a bittersweet twist, making 59 onwards such a welcome interlude, oh my god.

The characterisation in Regret was incredibly well-done, and it was refreshing to see LGBQT characters written beyond their sexual preferences and treated like human beings; and likewise with the rest of the cast really. Moreover, the worldbuilding re: the relative cold war situation and pokemon demonisation were so logically developed, lending that extra bit of realism to the narrative. (Read in strikeout: Which is what made this so addictive, holy heck.)

Last but not least in the trifecta was the consistent plot and pacing. I think I gave up theory-crafting by chapter 30 because almost everything was coming out of the left field in the best way. I.e. Amazingly strange, and strangely amazing.

It's been a while since I've something this caliber, so thank you for investing so much time and effort. :) I'll look forward to more of your writing! Or should I say I'll go ahead and stalk the rest of your stuff.

-Van
sereneskydragonslayer chapter 60 . 1/27
...and im finally one marathoning this...Ha I legit did nothing but read this the entire day XD Awesome story and I love the plot twist at the end. RIP Adryon. He was nice. And it was nice to find out the main character's name...finally :')
Time to start Transgression 3 3 3
Y-ko chapter 54 . 1/26
Now that I'm finally finishing this, I do find myself wondering how much of it you had planned out in advance and how much you had to pull out of your ass as you went along. 50/50, maybe? I may just be in awe because the most complex plotting I've ever done was the kind with x and y coordinates. Regardless, I love seeing what you've managed to pull together, even if the ending is pretty much destined to be disappointing.
TGR83 chapter 60 . 1/5
I must commend you-this is a very good story. Originally I had read Digital Skitty's works without realizing that the Playthings Series was a thing. When I stumbled upon your page, I read what you have done so far for Transgression (which I should have read after reading this) before finally setting my sights on this.

First, I want to remark that you are very good at creating wholesome and memorable characters. Callum is extremely well written and his constant setbacks, obstacles, and inner struggles make readers want to like him. As far as his pokemon go, Lacey and Scar are my favorites as they seem to have the most interesting back stories and develop the most. Loki is the most entertaining, but doesn't really change much from the beginning to the end. Xander is the sane one of the group but seems a little boring when compared to the craziness of the other members. That didn't make his death any less sad though. Alstair serves his quasi-protector-helper role well and then there is Erra. Erra I feel is the weakest of the group (as far as characterization goes). She sort of develops after the Fallarbor events (although not enough attention is paid to this) but then reverts back to her timid self at the end.

Your real forte is in world-building. You create the pokemon universe into a more realistic setting-I love how you go into detail the political ramifications of Callum's actions. When tension needed to be present, you were able to build it quick effectively. On a side note, I love the little quotes you have at the beginning of each chapter.

Plot: On the whole, the plot was interesting and devoid of common pokemon cliches. The only thing that irks me is the plot for about ten chapters following the Fallarbor events. Mia had a complete shift in character (understandably so) but it seemed a little sudden and out of place. But that part was fine. What really annoyed me was the events after Callum's act of terror. His character completely changed and while it does make sense for him to become less compassionate, how he basically starts abusing his pokemon seemed impossible for him. Also, because of that, there is 2-3 chapters where no attention is given to his pokemon. Previously, every chapter had the dynamic between Callum's quest and the actions to control/bond/grow/interact with his team. But his team, other than Scar, seems to basically disappear for a while. However, the ending of the story fixed many of these mistakes and concluded on a high note.

Grammar: There were a few moments when there was words missing or bizarre typos that made the occasional sentence difficult to read. Other than that, your grammar and organization seemed correct.

Sorry for the long review-I really liked this story and wanted to detail everything I enjoyed and disliked. I am excited to see how Transgression turns out (especially when the stories start to overlap a little)! Nice work.
Gholam chapter 44 . 12/7/2014
This is like the 3rd time I've read this story and Xander's death still kills me every time. RIP you little frog
Draco Oblivion chapter 59 . 11/5/2014
I regret not making some sort of comment about how she's a keeper but I just can't be bothered now, will say that I love mewtwo and find him adorable though
Nice to see him end up with the alternate world wife
Wrex is adorable :3
This was an awesome chapter, loved seeing how everyone was doing feel the need to mention once again how much I both love and hate how you make us wait for information like what species wrex is
Draco Oblivion chapter 58 . 11/5/2014
Hehehe loved that ending and the fact that you're such a smart writer. I mean to have all these small seemingly inconsequential parts in a story that will come into play 500,000 words later is definitely impressive and something to strive for, guess I should've known she'd be the girl for him
Draco Oblivion chapter 57 . 11/5/2014
Haha called it with that first battle :p
Damn this is getting exciting :D
Draco Oblivion chapter 56 . 11/5/2014
Haha so twisted but I am loving this. Really not seeing a way out of this but it's awesome. I thought of mewtwo before but didn't believe it could be possible with him just being a human creation. Never imagined humans coul create something to rival gods
Draco Oblivion chapter 55 . 11/5/2014
Haha celebi is beast! Also, I know it's a way to add intrigue to a piece of writing but it is sooo annoying when everyone always speaks so vaguely all the time. So frustrating, reaally want to know what that pokemon was
Draco Oblivion chapter 54 . 11/5/2014
Loved this chapter, this is closure. So beautiful.
Draco Oblivion chapter 53 . 11/5/2014
It's nice to see the characters we know and love will be getting some form of closure in seeing him before he dies but he did make a massive mistake with Marsha...
Draco Oblivion chapter 52 . 11/5/2014
So he's got a few months left in him? Pretty disappointing way for him to go after all he's survived but at least it's interesting
Draco Oblivion chapter 49 . 11/5/2014
Damn is Willow a creep, wondder if Adryan would actually go after his friend though...