Reviews for The Wolf and The Lion
Kein Sylvan chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Great fanfiction. The moments of Squal and Rinoa are priceless. Besides, also Seifer and his pose, all of it, like it.

I don't see any problem when an autor gives a final note on his stories. It's good to see his own POV, and think about it.

My favorite parts were, of couse, the battle between Squal and Seifer (Seifer for Dissidia, dammit!), and the proposal part. Also, it was very good the part where Seifer asks for forgiveness.

Other favorite parts were:

You've always been a pathetic little angst-boy and you always will be. Now, are you gonna let me come back to Garden or do we fight for it?"

Nice answer for the 'I want to be a seed again' XD

"Forget the fucking gunblades, I'm gonna take him apart with my bare hands!"

Unleash the FFFUUURRRRYYYY!

"I'm sure she could kick your butt at least. In fact, didn't she do just that in Deling City?"

Good. Nice comeback Squall!

"Squall unconsciously reached up and scratched at the back of his neck, and Rinoa bit back a laugh at how much he resembled his father, Laguna, in that one little quirk."

And suddenly, Squall kneels in front of Rinoa, and instead of asking "Will you marry me?", Squall shouts "Aaghhh...leg cramp!"

"Let's face it, reality isn't always so kind."

Yeah, but maybe that's the reason the story is Final Fantasy.

And of couse, all the proposal part. Nice work.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
The proposal was so sweet! I love that couple.
IronicEnding chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
I think you got seifer down perfectly really. I never though he was a evil, just an asshat douche like most cocky teenagers are. It was bad circumstances that led to him becoming evil in the eyes of the world. I really like how you brought things around in a circle and had the two meeting up to have another duel. There really isn't a better way for the to communicate. Here is what got me though. Squall keeps coming across weaker than he should in my purview. Commander of a military force with a strong sense of discipline versus a guy who though had some training, lived on a boat for a while, likely relied more on the sorceress power, and only handled shady lowlife merc missions? While you had squall the victor, it felt too even. I understand it takes away from The drama to have squall clearly stronger, but here it just snapped me into disbelief.

I rely like the romantic moments you had with squall and rinoa. It really shows his lack of comfort and ease with what he was doing. It was a nice soft tender moment that I know your readers were eagerly awaiting I come across. Something you convey with almost no equal is how much squall can grow and change and expand his horizons if he has rinoa there to be his source of constant comfort and foundation. You are a truly gifted writer and I enjoy your work.

Cheers

Ironic
gleamfang chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
The proposal was really meaningful and I enjoyed it a lot. Wishing that the immediately post-game fic would be updated till completion to see the journey Squall took to open up more. It would make all of this much more meaningful.

However, on it's own I really love it bur have a question. Why didn't Edea or any orphans catch them?

Cheers

Keep Writing
Meadow Dweller chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
awwwwwwwwwwe! *squeals* i loooove this TT this is soooo cute...u kno, the Squinoa parts. man i really love those :/ should What I Like get more diverse? lol cuz squinoas are really the ones i only read O.o

one question: if Squall killed Seifer, Seifer would not get a second chance -.- cuz he be dead O.O but if seifer won and squall died(yeah right! XP) then he STILL wouldnt be able to join SeeD cuz everyone would be after him(including me)

idk it just sorta confused me...then again my head is not straight right now, i've barely slept all week...if i go into a coma then...

:') i especially luv how much Squall expresses his love for rinoa . it totally makes me think of Red Skies and how much she means to him both here and there :D oh lord i am in love with that story _ curses...grr "wrong category" should be spammed...or thumbed down a thousand times-this is anything but pointless! Great Job, all ur stories are so lovely :')
wrong category chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Should have put a non-yaoi warning on this, or put it in a different category. This wasted my time.
Laineenhele chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
I think the best part of this fic was the interaction between Squall and Rinoa. This is one of the very few fics that had SquallxRinoa romance in it that I thought was really good. When I played ff 8 I had a hard time imagining how could a relationship between them ever work but somehow it made sense here. It was very sweet and didn't feel forced as it, in my opinion, did in the game