Reviews for Zilpah
487carrie chapter 2 . 7/13/2014
I really enjoyed this story. Your Ezra and Nathan were very much inline with the series. Thank You for sharing.
MalikaiDragonSlayer chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
This is pretty interesting.
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 5/2/2010
Well written. Very enticing.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Wow! What a terrific idea for a story!
sfulton229 chapter 2 . 3/16/2010
Very nice resolution. Ezra is just so practical but he found the best solution to the problem. Good point that he made to Nathan that the prostitutes in the cat houses all have or had family and he certainly didn't care at the time. Ezra is focused on the bigger problem of Essie's situation. It does look like Nathan, Zilpah, and the kids had a very nice visit and Nathan gave it a good try to convince Zilpah to give up her job. Ezra really handled the tension between himself and Nathan over his past with Zilpah very well and kept his word about being alone with her. Very smart solution to Essie's situation and Ezra was right about the type of man who would want her at that age. Very nice ending and I'm sure Ezra had a very nice trip to San Francisco. Thank you for posting this here.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Great fic and very nice look at the options for women, especially black women back at that time. The joy that Nathan found when Zilpah was his sister really contrasts with his finding out just what she does for a living; and apparently very well. Ezra's feelings of dismay that his prior encounters may have produced a child are also contrasted with Ezra wanting to maintain his relationship with Nathan and to do the right thing as much as possible. I can certainly understand why Zilpah doesn't want to marry someone who she doesn't have any feelings for and give up a very profitable way of life. The plans for Essie are a concern. I did think it was so sweet that Ezra was one of her best customers and she named her daughter after him.
SivanShemesh chapter 2 . 3/13/2010
It's a great story, i love how you add an original character and add bit of tense between Nathan and Ezra.

Thank you for writing it.

Keep writing.

*Hugs & Kisses*

Have a great week and keep smiling,

Sivan Shemesh
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 3/12/2010
Darn it, this story needs a sequel. Five and a half years since I wrote it, and I still haven't come up with a plot for the sequel.