Reviews for Among the Sunflowers
the-warner-syndrome chapter 1 . 5/29
The moment I read this I had expected it to either be pure fluff (well, there's sex, but I mean most parts of it) or very sad, Hamlet-like angst, you know? I've gotten so immersed in it — the plot, your beautiful writing style, The idea in itself was simply unique — and then Arthur comes along. Then things start to go downhill and I start to grow suspicious. "So Alfred won't die? Or maybe Ivan would make a mistake a lose the seeds? Maybe Natalya will end up destroying all the flowers?"

But then I see the dialogue between Al and Mat, and I had to stop for a moment, read the reviews, reread Francis and Arthur's scene, and then it kinda hits me like a huge tidal wave.

I love Alfred so much, but this really hit me in the heart. It was the good kind, but at the same time a very bad kind. Now I feel incredibly sad and worried for Ivan, and I'm starting to believe that your Alfred isn't someone to go near to. I honestly don't know how to feel, and I think that kind of feeling really says a lot about your fic. It's simply one of the most marvelous fics I've ever read. Hits you hard without you realising. God, now I feel so confused.

TL;DR keep up the amazing work! Loved it from start to finish. Sorry for the long review, but I just wanted to express how I felt whilst reading this. You deserve all the flowers in the world. That is, if you wouldn't mind becomming their God, no?
sasunaru13 chapter 1 . 5/19
this oneshot is still great even after rereading it after a long time..! manipulative alfred is just so sexy!
b00beis chapter 1 . 4/6
Omg, the tragedy...they once again make my nights complete
So awesome... SO. AWESOME.
upthelane chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
Wowoww great!
FerretSong chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
This was great. I'm curious though, how did you determine plant personalities. Is there a book like this?
Russia-chan chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Wow. Just, wow. Loved every single bit of the story. I could kinda see the ending coming, but that made it no less amazing and perfect. You deserve applause, good writer.
lat479 chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
Wow...it has such a dark undertone, you know with the whole eating the seeds thing, but it's so sweet. I mean this has to be one of my favorite rusame or...rather amerus! I will never be able to look at a picture of Russia holding a sunflower again, with out seeing it as like one of America...thank you for bestowing your great skills and story. - 3
uwu chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Lovely. Tragically beautiful and horribly delicious, a worthy fiction to read before slipping off into sleep at 3 AM. Hehe, it's a really good story that I might like to make my own extension of, one day.
The Great Susinko chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
This story was amazing! I was totally fooled into thinking Ivan was in charge until a bit after his first coupling. Then I started wondering. I love this story! You making Ivan's father General Winter was brilliant! I feel so bad for Ivan and the other Russians that lived in America during the Cold War. I was born in 1979, so I remember some of it. I have never hated Russians. Not even the communist ones.
BrightViolatedInk chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
sweet and a lil on the darkside...i love it!
Ninja-Fox-Lover chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
I am…
I am beyond speechless.
This is definitely in my top FIVE most favorite FanFics on this website.
Just by the shear amount of material.
But the story telling, writing style, the direction it took was just so good and so well manipulated and woven together!
You even had me at the edge of my seat at some points! I few times I braced myself for a tragic character death or snapped!character. But no. It slid you into the crazy so smoothly. I loved it. Love it so much. Thank you for writing this.
Shadow Princess chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Neh?! Why didn't you keep going? It was so good too. If you have the time make another chapter!
A-Non-Mouse chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Okaaaaaay, slightly disturbing, but well-written and throughly enjoyable.
Stately Demented chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Interesting concept! I've never read a story quite like this before. Great job!
Pool-Sempai chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
This is awesome, and a bit sad but awesome nonetheless. Once again I am blown away by your talent to keep me reading and denying sleep. I love it!