Reviews for Among the Sunflowers
Amu4ever chapter 1 . 10/26/2016
Well, if you mean with refer to his "Papa" being winter "he was as cold as the winter" then yes, did definitely catch it. Very obvious by the way :D

Oh and that was a very enticing story. Had me fooled with Alfred for a long time, though I figured out Matthew was in the garden in the scene Ivan was angry with Natalya for calling their sister insane. I was actually surprised Ivan didn't figure it out...

Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Oh
Guest chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
In short, this was amazing. Such an interesting plot and some really really really nice manipulation. I love how everything conncets and I love the swhip of UkrainexCanada. This is definitly one of the more unque stories I've read, and I rally admore you for writing it. NOICE
Italy's Driving chapter 1 . 10/14/2016
This was amazing! I absolutely loved it!
natatron chapter 1 . 9/17/2016
THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ? OH MY LORD THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE IT OMG I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN GOD BLESS YOU
neverXmind chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
AHHH LOVE THIS
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
This entire story, I just... I can't even react in one sentence.
This was amazing.
Starting off, I definitely smiled a lot. It was cute; their interactions, and how they acted around each other.
I started getting suspicious around the time Ivan said he loved Alfred, because Alfred never said it back. I eventually brushed it off, and continued reading.
Then Arthur showed up.
At first, I saw him as a threat. Maybe he'd kick Ivan out, or destroy the sunflowers, something like that. But it never happened, and I started to grow uneasy.
The mention of becoming their caretaker was another thing that bothered me. I assumed that caretaker was just the spirit's way of saying slave, and that Alfred genuinely cared about Ivan, which was why he hadn't made him that.
The sunflower seeds were next. Arthur had said it was just smelling the roses that did that to him, and Ivan had eaten so many seeds already. It reminded me of the tale of Persephone and Hades
the-warner-syndrome chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
The moment I read this I had expected it to either be pure fluff (well, there's sex, but I mean most parts of it) or very sad, Hamlet-like angst, you know? I've gotten so immersed in it — the plot, your beautiful writing style, The idea in itself was simply unique — and then Arthur comes along. Then things start to go downhill and I start to grow suspicious. "So Alfred won't die? Or maybe Ivan would make a mistake a lose the seeds? Maybe Natalya will end up destroying all the flowers?"

But then I see the dialogue between Al and Mat, and I had to stop for a moment, read the reviews, reread Francis and Arthur's scene, and then it kinda hits me like a huge tidal wave.

I love Alfred so much, but this really hit me in the heart. It was the good kind, but at the same time a very bad kind. Now I feel incredibly sad and worried for Ivan, and I'm starting to believe that your Alfred isn't someone to go near to. I honestly don't know how to feel, and I think that kind of feeling really says a lot about your fic. It's simply one of the most marvelous fics I've ever read. Hits you hard without you realising. God, now I feel so confused.

TL;DR keep up the amazing work! Loved it from start to finish. Sorry for the long review, but I just wanted to express how I felt whilst reading this. You deserve all the flowers in the world. That is, if you wouldn't mind becomming their God, no?
sasunaru13 chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
this oneshot is still great even after rereading it after a long time..! manipulative alfred is just so sexy!
teefiddley chapter 1 . 4/6/2015
Omg, the tragedy...they once again make my nights complete
So awesome... SO. AWESOME.
upthelane chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
Wowoww great!
FerretSong chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
This was great. I'm curious though, how did you determine plant personalities. Is there a book like this?
Russia-chan chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Wow. Just, wow. Loved every single bit of the story. I could kinda see the ending coming, but that made it no less amazing and perfect. You deserve applause, good writer.
lat479 chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
Wow...it has such a dark undertone, you know with the whole eating the seeds thing, but it's so sweet. I mean this has to be one of my favorite rusame or...rather amerus! I will never be able to look at a picture of Russia holding a sunflower again, with out seeing it as like one of America...thank you for bestowing your great skills and story. - 3
uwu chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Lovely. Tragically beautiful and horribly delicious, a worthy fiction to read before slipping off into sleep at 3 AM. Hehe, it's a really good story that I might like to make my own extension of, one day.
The Great Susinko chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
This story was amazing! I was totally fooled into thinking Ivan was in charge until a bit after his first coupling. Then I started wondering. I love this story! You making Ivan's father General Winter was brilliant! I feel so bad for Ivan and the other Russians that lived in America during the Cold War. I was born in 1979, so I remember some of it. I have never hated Russians. Not even the communist ones.