Reviews for A Persistent Shadow
Kimnd chapter 3 . 7/18
Wow, "Landlord" is probably the most brilliant nickname the Ring would have for Ryou.
Goddess Lyrotheria chapter 28 . 7/11
I got really sad when little Akefia didn't get sent forward in the future with them. I realllyyy wanted that to happen because he deserves a good home with Ryou ;-;
I loved how you played out this whole story it was great.
Anyway you did a fantastic job on this fic. I will definitely have to read more of your stories!
Aeris Mae chapter 28 . 4/15
I recommend this fic to anyone who loves yaoi, Ryou x Bakura, or yami/hikari pairings. It was just phenomenal! Ryou and Thief King Bakura are in perfect character the entire time; beyond impressive, especially since it's romance and one of them is revenge obsessed. There were iffy moments I had on Atem's character, but once it got towards the end all was explained. I adored the awkward Marik moments too, hilarious and weirdly cutely hot. lol. Hard to quantify. The writing style was smooth and easy to follow and the plot was inventive and climatic. Seriously, it actually had a legitimate plot. Who knew those existed anymore? I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and I will most definitely read your other fic. Wish you'd written that Marik x Bakura x Ryou fic, but the time stamp tells all. *epic pouting maneuver* Kudos to you though on such a great fic!
chibi-unicorn-girl chapter 28 . 12/31/2014
Brilliant!
Donteatacowman chapter 27 . 8/13/2014
I'm tearing up. It's only a few seconds' worth of thanks from the people that mattered most to him, but the Thief King deserved this. Thank you for writing.
Donteatacowman chapter 6 . 8/13/2014
I read the "talk shows" line to my sister (it's 3 AM and we have to be quiet). We collapsed into silent giggles for several minutes.
me chapter 28 . 5/15/2014
First of all, I can't believe I read this story. Over 100,00 words, wow! Second of all, that I really liked it.
At the end, they did not only phsyically but also emotionally bond. Thank you for that. Also for the very tame err... scenes. I like my fanfics non-explicit.
It's been years since I watched the anime so I'm unsure about the whole story - Zorc? The pharao acting the way he did (in my memory he was always just so nice and good).
"Landlord", though? Did they actually use that word in the English version of the anime? Oh boy. But I did like how you used it in the last chapter, "I never said I was moving out."
Yami no Tsuki chapter 28 . 3/16/2014
Wow. This is really, really good. I read some last night, and today I got that feeling where you really want to get back to what you're reading, and it's pretty annoying if you can't. So then I spent 6 hours straight reading the rest. And it was wonderful. :D
I loved the way Ryou and Bakura interacted, and how the plot and characters were interesting and believable.
You have an incredible style of writing, which is really key in writing a good story.
I think the most significant thing is that reading this made me really happy. It ended perfectly, and throughout it there were bits that were awesome. I think it had a great balance of humour, seriousness and plot and character development.
I loved the bits where Bakura tried to 'convince' Ryou in class, and the fabulously awkward conversations between Marik and Ryou. Ah, the hilarity. XD
I also really liked Akefia. He's so cute. :3 Intelligent and brave, too. I think you did an amazing job of portraying him as a young Bakura.
Again, most importantly, I just felt really happy reading this. It's wonderful. Not to mention it totally distracted me from a day of pain. But I think I'll be sighing over it for a while yet, which hasn't happened since I read Who I Am by TwinTrouble- and even that didn't have the same feel to it. It was amazing, though. Seriously. *sigh*
Ahem. Anyway. Good job. :)
Oh, and I'm pretty sure there were like no mistakes, which is awesome. I hate it when there are mistakes distracting you from the story.
I think I'm done fangirling now. Here, anyway. ;D
MssCassandra chapter 28 . 1/4/2014
Thank you for this story. It was really well written.
bwineylion chapter 28 . 10/14/2013
Awesome story! It was very well-written and thought-out. One of the best has to offer!
DreamingChild chapter 28 . 8/12/2013
I really enjoyed this story, especially the idea that Bakura (Yami version) had to become so hardened because no one believed him or cared (I so wanted to hug his little boy self!)
croquant chapter 28 . 7/29/2013
You did a great job. I don't think I can add any more to the other reviews except to let you know how much I personally enjoyed this story and Ryou's slow uncovering of Bakura's past. Was there some Malik/Ryou in there too? Anyway, thanks for uploading - favorited for sure.
anime1addictithon chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
WOW now this is what I call an awesome story! I completely enjoyed how canon your writing is plus tendershipping is a beautiful pairing! 3
GilDeMo-Yui chapter 28 . 6/28/2013
This story is awesome. I liked getting insight into Bakura's feelings abut Kul Elna. It's also really cool how you managed to write it in such a way that it could have been canon. I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
azndancer chapter 28 . 6/24/2013
It's stories like this, which are plausible within the canon, yet totally original and captivating, that really catch my attention! I love what you've done with the characters here. Well done. I look forward to reading some of your other stories.