Reviews for A Persistent Shadow
fanboy021898 chapter 28 . 6/30
I love your work and writing skills absolutely amazing
Starshinesoldier chapter 28 . 5/24
This story is so GREAT! I love the twist of Atem being possessed and the Bakura was influenced by Zorc and that once he wasn't, he wasn't as mean. Also, it is wrong of me the wish Akefia stayed? XD Marik and Ishizu were so great in this! I'm so happy Ryou gets to be happy! :D
magnolia glass chapter 19 . 1/25
So I'm finally home and can review this. Wow. Just...the richness of the plot. I liked everything. I liked everything to the ritual going wrong, the Marik's book of magic, to the way he created an amulet, to how you wrote Zorc...I'm not even sure at the end of all of this how to summarize everything that I liked. It wasn't just that you brought the spirit of the ring and Ryou together in a way that I could believe, but I actually cared about what was going on in this story so much that at work I was reading it on my phone of breaks in favor of playing my psvita. (That doesn't happen often with fanfiction.)

The part with Ryou being able to meet with younger Akefia was one of my favorite parts of this story and a 'what if' I've thought of often. I always wonder how Ryou would react to past incarnations of himself and this was really fun to read and well done. The danger they were in from the ghosts in the village felt real and you did really well bringing that tragedy into the center spotlight. I find it gets glossed over a lot that Bakura lost his whole village - whether Atem was directly responsible or not and the 'oh well, they were just evil' thing never sat well with me. So I really love how you tackled that. The game he played with Aknadin could not have been more fitting or deserved. I often struggle to come up with games in YGO fanfictions that are not monotonous and dull, so I aprpeciated this.

Another thing I felt work a mention is Marik. I don't see a whole lot of good writing with post crazy villainous Marik. It also makes sense that he could sympathize with Ryou keeping secrets from everyone. I don't know if Atem would be THAT pompous at finding out the truth behind the village, I thought he'd be a little more horrified and I wanted to slap him when he wasn't - but it served the purpose of this story.

It's also nice to find a story where it's not just the spirit beating $%#$ out of Ryou. No offense to anyone who likes/reads/writes those, just that there are BILLIONS and most of them are not this well written or in character.

Thank you for writing this gem and I will probably be reading it more than once.
WOW. So this was a fantastic story. I loved the slow progression of feelings. Your character developmet was awsome too. It's so off putting having Ryou just be head over heels for the spirit and the spirit being a total dbag all the time. This was a much needed change of pace. Fantastic stuff!
Kimnd chapter 3 . 7/18/2015
Wow, "Landlord" is probably the most brilliant nickname the Ring would have for Ryou.
Goddess Lyrotheria chapter 28 . 7/11/2015
I got really sad when little Akefia didn't get sent forward in the future with them. I realllyyy wanted that to happen because he deserves a good home with Ryou ;-;
I loved how you played out this whole story it was great.
Anyway you did a fantastic job on this fic. I will definitely have to read more of your stories!
Aeris Mae chapter 28 . 4/15/2015
I recommend this fic to anyone who loves yaoi, Ryou x Bakura, or yami/hikari pairings. It was just phenomenal! Ryou and Thief King Bakura are in perfect character the entire time; beyond impressive, especially since it's romance and one of them is revenge obsessed. There were iffy moments I had on Atem's character, but once it got towards the end all was explained. I adored the awkward Marik moments too, hilarious and weirdly cutely hot. lol. Hard to quantify. The writing style was smooth and easy to follow and the plot was inventive and climatic. Seriously, it actually had a legitimate plot. Who knew those existed anymore? I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and I will most definitely read your other fic. Wish you'd written that Marik x Bakura x Ryou fic, but the time stamp tells all. *epic pouting maneuver* Kudos to you though on such a great fic!
chibi-unicorn-girl chapter 28 . 12/31/2014
Brilliant!
Donteatacowman chapter 27 . 8/13/2014
I'm tearing up. It's only a few seconds' worth of thanks from the people that mattered most to him, but the Thief King deserved this. Thank you for writing.
Donteatacowman chapter 6 . 8/13/2014
I read the "talk shows" line to my sister (it's 3 AM and we have to be quiet). We collapsed into silent giggles for several minutes.
me chapter 28 . 5/15/2014
First of all, I can't believe I read this story. Over 100,00 words, wow! Second of all, that I really liked it.
At the end, they did not only phsyically but also emotionally bond. Thank you for that. Also for the very tame err... scenes. I like my fanfics non-explicit.
It's been years since I watched the anime so I'm unsure about the whole story - Zorc? The pharao acting the way he did (in my memory he was always just so nice and good).
"Landlord", though? Did they actually use that word in the English version of the anime? Oh boy. But I did like how you used it in the last chapter, "I never said I was moving out."
Yami no Tsuki chapter 28 . 3/16/2014
Wow. This is really, really good. I read some last night, and today I got that feeling where you really want to get back to what you're reading, and it's pretty annoying if you can't. So then I spent 6 hours straight reading the rest. And it was wonderful. :D
I loved the way Ryou and Bakura interacted, and how the plot and characters were interesting and believable.
You have an incredible style of writing, which is really key in writing a good story.
I think the most significant thing is that reading this made me really happy. It ended perfectly, and throughout it there were bits that were awesome. I think it had a great balance of humour, seriousness and plot and character development.
I loved the bits where Bakura tried to 'convince' Ryou in class, and the fabulously awkward conversations between Marik and Ryou. Ah, the hilarity. XD
I also really liked Akefia. He's so cute. :3 Intelligent and brave, too. I think you did an amazing job of portraying him as a young Bakura.
Again, most importantly, I just felt really happy reading this. It's wonderful. Not to mention it totally distracted me from a day of pain. But I think I'll be sighing over it for a while yet, which hasn't happened since I read Who I Am by TwinTrouble- and even that didn't have the same feel to it. It was amazing, though. Seriously. *sigh*
Ahem. Anyway. Good job. :)
Oh, and I'm pretty sure there were like no mistakes, which is awesome. I hate it when there are mistakes distracting you from the story.
I think I'm done fangirling now. Here, anyway. ;D
MssCassandra chapter 28 . 1/4/2014
Thank you for this story. It was really well written.
bwineylion chapter 28 . 10/14/2013
Awesome story! It was very well-written and thought-out. One of the best has to offer!
DreamingChild chapter 28 . 8/12/2013
I really enjoyed this story, especially the idea that Bakura (Yami version) had to become so hardened because no one believed him or cared (I so wanted to hug his little boy self!)