Reviews for Foundations' Resolve
bentown chapter 1 . 3/7
This is one fantastic piece of fanfiction. Very high level writing. I really enjoyed it and am a little sad to see that I can't find that you've written anything else.

I think it was really interesting what you set up between the robot factions. It's an original idea that I doubt Asimov would ever have considered himself.

I do have some questions that I hope some can answer. I have read a lot Asimov's science fiction, but I still wonder if there were things that you mentioned that related to old stories that I haven't read;
Voltaire, Joan, Lodovik, are these characters from other novels?
The change of the human genome and the brain fever, were these original ideas or ideas from other Asimov novels?
Oruma Yar chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
An exceptional piece of fan fiction, that I wish were canon. I hope you will one day write a sequel to deal with the unresolved Solarian threat, as well as the Calvinian/Giskardian conflict.
spaceeturkeueee chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
This is a very well-done piece of fanfic and true to both trilogies.
Arkham House chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
Oh my...I hardly know where to begin! This story is better-a lot better-than the Second Trilogy, as far as I'm concerned. As a resolution to *Foundation's Edge* and *Foundation and Earth*, it fits all the loose ends together, in a-blessedly-shorter span of words than any of the Second Trilogy novels. But the good things in the ST-Voltaire, Joan, Lodovik, Daneel's founding of Gaia-were all here, and definitely playing their parts. Lodovik's trumping of Daneel was very well-done, and very much in character. The whole plot flowed logically and organically, both from all the previous stories, and from its own postulates. I only stumbled my toe once-Mayor Branno's downfall came just a bit too easily, perhaps. But that flaw-if it is one-is overwhelmed by the many, many excellences of the story. Thank God the forced conversion to Gaia isn't now certain-that horrible fate never seemed right after all the pain and sacrifice of Asimov's Galaxy. As you can tell, I regard this story as canonical, and feel that Asimov himself would definitely have approved of it. Has-or will-the next sequence, with the Solarians, been published anywhere? Be that as it may, I hope you have and shall continue to write.
RLS83843 chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
You really, really need to insert each chapter separately. Seems that chaos in your story equates to sin.
fRANNA chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
DUDE, YOU ROCK!

This fills the gaps, ties up the loose strings and concludes the last Foundation chapter with impeccable style & imagination.

Last week I read all the Foundation ePUBs on my Mobi, one book after the other: Staying up late, waking up early, reading every single possible minute of the day, and loving every word...until it ended very abruptly.

I was upset for the whole day! I could not believe it, I felt cheated.

That night, I found Foundation's Resolve - After the first few pages I was hooked, by the end I was riveted, grinning madly. Thank you! For a first attempt, it is excellent: full of revelations, twists, and discoveries,although it feels a bit rushed toward the end. Nevertheless, an extremely capable & satisfying piece of work!

Congratulations & Three Cheers for the Foundation!

When is the next one coming, please?
Omeganian chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Impressive. What next, the four Machines making contact from some remote asteroid?
CatBar chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Loved the description of 'swarmers', ie those not Solarian. That, to me, is exactly what most of the human race IS!

Also loved the idea of nobody else 'being whole [as a Solarian was]' - I often feel humans, by having to be either male or female, are 'not whole'.
asdeed chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This story just made my day, thank you!

The story is well paced and excited, your writing excellent.. I can't praise it highly enough. It matches the subject universe very well and finally provides an ending to the Foundation series I can feel satisfied with.

Kudos!
Murazor chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
I am... well, speechless just about covers it.

From what I've seen in a forum you posted in, this story has apparently been forwarded to the Asimov estate in the hope of it being eventually published. Though I can only begin to guess the legal complications involved in such a thing, I hope that it actually comes to be true. If it happens, I'll certainly be purchasing a copy as soon as feasible.

This novel is a masterpiece of fan-writing, closing the disappointingly incomplete circle formed by Foundation's Edge and Foundation & Earth by drawing from the best ideas presented in the Second Foundation trilogy. Excellent, excellent work.

You have my sincere, heartfelt gratitude for the pleasure I have felt reading Foundations' Resolve.

Cheers.
Swamp Adder chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
This was excellent; I couldn't stop reading. It's gripping, well-plotted and nicely takes up many plot threads that were left dangling at the end of the series. Great job; this is going in my bookmarks.
persian85033 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Great story! I loved it! I do hope there is a sequel, and see what the Solarian does! The settlers won before, as they spread out, however, now the Solarians have their transducer lobes, and stand a much better chance. Great about the virus, too. I hope you do write a sequel.