Reviews for Sweetest
BloodLily16 chapter 6 . 11/23/2013
Okay. I loved that lady, trying to set the Doctor and Jo up! And none too subtly, I may add. ;)
BloodLily16 chapter 4 . 11/23/2013
Oooooh Jo… ;)
BloodLily16 chapter 3 . 11/23/2013
Dun dun dun…
pipilo chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
Previous review cont. (nearly over)

I wouldn't say smoke confuses bees. The Doctor may of course no something I don't. The way Jo uses the smoker is wrong. It is ony for the removal of bees from frames, hive entrances, etc. Having said that, Jo is no expert so I can understand a deliberate attempt at showing her ignorance. You talk about bees dancing past her. Honey bees are the origin of the phrase 'bee line'. They know exactly where they are going and go strait there, often slamming into unexpected obsticals such as people.

Your 'tray of honeycomb' should be a frame and should not be placed on its side, having honey in the comb on both sides. I canot understand Jo taking her suit off in the shed when she is so nervous as the bees would come to the frame to salvage what honey they could.

My final point is this: great idea having honey as the treatment for an illness. And why not the cure? After all, it is antiseptic.

Despite my long criticism, a great story :)
pipilo chapter 5 . 8/2/2011
previous review cont.

Instead of saying that bees will climb down Jo's boots, why not say they'll go up her trousers/skirt or in her hair? Bees crawl upwards, not down. If you mention the matches with the smoker, you really should mention the fuel. You're not going to get much smoke without it. And why not have Mrs. Byrne offer them hive tools? They ought not go to the apiary without them. Honey bees are unlikely to settle on the Doctor's arm, they are far to busy to even notice him. Also, you later describe them in his hair, bees panic when they get in hair which is why it often leads to stinging. Having said that, he is an alien so who knows? I suppose as the author, you know best. I wasn't happy with your description of the bees as velvety. By velvety I read furry and wonder if this and your description of their behavior means that you are getting cofused with bumble bees? 'Bee-hat'? Try 'veil' although the DIY nature of protective clothing at that time give you flexability.
pipilo chapter 4 . 8/2/2011
This was a very sweet story ad very well rounded. I'm afraid I'm quite a pedantic beekeeper and have to take this opertunity to give you some advice and note on the story:

The word beeboxes was jaring. We call them hives. It might interest you to know that hive thefts are not uncommon and have become a real problem recently. I was a little confused by what had been taken from the hives. You said that the honey was missing and the bees still there. Did your aliens steal the frames? Did they just take the honey? In which case I would hardly describe the hives as empty. What happened to the brood? I was ready to complain about the use of the phrase 'bee clothes' but if this is set in the 70s ( ? not an expert on original who) I suppose bee suits hadn't been invented yet so you have artistic licence.
albert12 chapter 6 . 6/18/2010
I greatly enjoyed this story! The Third Doctor is my absolute favorite. :)

I liked the bit about the alien goat. I keep a few goats on my farm, so it instantly made me think of the runt of this year's "litter" (a cute and incredibly smart little French Alpine- the third of triplets).
Son of Whitebeard chapter 6 . 5/30/2010
Cool story!

victory is sweet,
Laura Harkness chapter 3 . 3/15/2010
yikes!
OFIS chapter 2 . 3/14/2010
Reading about all those bees, honey, and sunshine made me sleepy in a good way. I'm rooting for Jo to come out of her smokescreen. ;D Three's a good guy when he's not being rude.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 2 . 3/14/2010
cool story Primsong
Laura Harkness chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
wonderful! i love the ending! this was just so pleasant to read...