Reviews for Sea of Broken Dreams
Disasterteen13 chapter 18 . 5/17
Delta is a hero in my eyes. I always look to the pure him and avoid the evil him. The Real Delta is one to look to for an option.
Disasterteen13 chapter 17 . 5/17
Man this story is still good even though it is old it never lost my favor! keep it up with other great stories!
bryan19825 chapter 54 . 3/22
Just got done with the bioshock collection and decided to trawl the internet for more. Glad to have stumbled upon your story and thank you for writing it! Read it within a day and it was a rollercoaster ride. The ending was just as emotional for me as it was in the games, kudos to you!
BlazeStryker chapter 35 . 2/9
I knew Sander would finally, finally face his end when I saw you'd routed them to Fort Frolic. It's just as well.
Glumski chapter 54 . 10/31/2016
I very much enjoyed this story; both the plot as well as the characters weren't only done in a way that befitted the BioShock universe, you also added a lot of intricacies (and of course your OCs). The different perspectives were great; maybe Calhoun as the bad guy was a little too one-dimensional but I guess he would've needed much more screentime otherwise.
What I didn't really like was the last chapter. Not the ending, that was great, but the last scene. It just seemed wrong to me to make the story end in massive carnage, where in the games (at least with the positive endings you went with) it usually was somewhat bittersweet or even happy. In my opinion an epilogue focussing on the others trying to fit into their new lives would have been more conclusive, but well, that's just a difference in opinion, not really "You did bad" criticism.
So... thank you very much for this massive story! :)
kinigget chapter 1 . 1/21/2016
Well...

This looks interesting
Viper5delta chapter 54 . 12/19/2015
This was a very good story, I like the way you handled your OCs, and the character dialogue was very well written. The only two complaints I have involve the fight scenes and how you handled the ending (my complaint with the ending probably isn't what you expect but I'll get to that soon). In regards to the fight scenes, I felt that, while well written, they occurred a tad to often, and when they did occur outstayed their welcome (this may just be me, I far prefer character dialogue and development to action). In regards to the ending, my main complaint is that, while I agree that sacrificing himself was a fitting end for Delta, the rest of the cast really get's no resolution, and they were all made into multi-dimensional characters that you care for. A short chapter showing where they are after 10 or so years showing where all the characters are, what they've done, and how they remember Delta. Basically showing that Delta didn't sacrifice himself in vain (or if you want to go all dark, that his sacrifice was, in fact, in vain). Regardless, this was a fantastic piece of fanfiction and my minor complaints did not stop me from enjoying it.
Sir Punchula chapter 3 . 8/25/2015
Interesting story so far, though it seems to be a little overly verbose in areas. Plot-wise, nothing much really gets done in this chapter: Delta goes outside, Jack meets Eleanor and a Navy commander twirls his mustache villianously.

I do have a few issues with the last scene. First, why is the commander threatening the captain with insubordination charges? He just got done granting permission to speak freely, so his response seems like a complete 180 of his earlier allowance. Second, why is he giving orders to the captain in the first place? Commanders are ranked below captains in the Navy. (Actually, there are quite a few protocol issues there, from the phrase "permission to speak freely" in the first place to the out-of-order saluting from the commanding officer to the inferior officer). Third, from what little I've seen, this commander seems like a really, really obvious villain, from the way he addresses his (apperent) subordinate to all the adjectives thrown in like "venemous" and "hungrily", to the point that he may as well be cackling and twirling the aforementioned mustache. A bit more subtlety on that part would be appreciated.

That unpleasantness said, I am looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Unwrittenstory0 chapter 54 . 6/19/2015
I've read thousands of stories I've watched movie that would make people cry but this on made me mourn for the big daddy you made into a hero for all and to be honest I would love if you would do another one with my here delta thanks
k chapter 54 . 5/28/2015
I like how you did that ending. Its a fitting ending worthy of them both. A death worthy of a big Daddy, and a fitting end for Elenor. It always has been just as much about how your decisions effect her as it has been about Delta. From good to sacrifice endings. I always kind of liked the the sacrifice ending, because it brought her freedom, with the loneliness that comes with it. I like that theme
k chapter 46 . 5/28/2015
I have loved this story so far. Only two things get in my way. 1. Why do people keep getting the drop on a grown assassin? I imagine him having geneticly improved senses (like hearing) and reflexes to prevent that. It would make sense to add if you are engenering your own assassin.

2. Ellenors reactions. With battle quotes such as "This one died alone and afraid. Stand in our way and you'll get the same." And"What's that, Father? Teach them about fire? Well, if you insist."
In her good dialogue, I would imagine her as something of a bloodknight, and can't see her breaking down over kills as fast as she does. So soon out of rapture, she would still be on edge, and not ready to break down over a kill yet. Honestly, the break comes after you have relaxed your guard, and something brings the traumatic event back to memory, even a sound.

Actually why are they always hit with surprise, especially the "fresh from the nervewreaking hell that is rapture" Eleanor , who would still be on edge?
Guest chapter 54 . 5/24/2015
Just read from start to finish. An amazing read, keep up the good work.
DracoAngel17 chapter 54 . 4/15/2015
It breaks my heart to see this story end. I applaud you Mr. Author man.
Ric chapter 54 . 3/19/2015
hello from 3 years in the future from what I can tell you no longer are on this site I don't post reviews but I am making an exception to say this is one of the greatest bio shock fanfics ever this could fit into the game perfectly hell it would make the game better now I know your most likely never going to read this but I had to say it anyway you caught the aspect of bio shock awesomely I usually don't remember fanfics because I have a terrible memory but this is going to be one the few that will stick with me for years thank you for an amazing experience.
FlygonNick chapter 54 . 1/16/2015
So, I just finished playing Bioshock and Bioshock II for the first time, and lo and behold I feel this strong desire to find an awesome fanfic about Bioshock.

Which leads me to this fanfic, which was an amazing read and a fitting conclusion to the tale of Rapture, tying up several loose ends in a satisfying manner and making me even more appreciative of the Bioshock series. Thank you for the awesome read, and I wish you luck in your future stories.

Stay classy.