Reviews for Sea of Broken Dreams
kinigget chapter 1 . 1/21

This looks interesting
Viper5delta chapter 54 . 12/19/2015
This was a very good story, I like the way you handled your OCs, and the character dialogue was very well written. The only two complaints I have involve the fight scenes and how you handled the ending (my complaint with the ending probably isn't what you expect but I'll get to that soon). In regards to the fight scenes, I felt that, while well written, they occurred a tad to often, and when they did occur outstayed their welcome (this may just be me, I far prefer character dialogue and development to action). In regards to the ending, my main complaint is that, while I agree that sacrificing himself was a fitting end for Delta, the rest of the cast really get's no resolution, and they were all made into multi-dimensional characters that you care for. A short chapter showing where they are after 10 or so years showing where all the characters are, what they've done, and how they remember Delta. Basically showing that Delta didn't sacrifice himself in vain (or if you want to go all dark, that his sacrifice was, in fact, in vain). Regardless, this was a fantastic piece of fanfiction and my minor complaints did not stop me from enjoying it.
Sir Punchula chapter 3 . 8/25/2015
Interesting story so far, though it seems to be a little overly verbose in areas. Plot-wise, nothing much really gets done in this chapter: Delta goes outside, Jack meets Eleanor and a Navy commander twirls his mustache villianously.

I do have a few issues with the last scene. First, why is the commander threatening the captain with insubordination charges? He just got done granting permission to speak freely, so his response seems like a complete 180 of his earlier allowance. Second, why is he giving orders to the captain in the first place? Commanders are ranked below captains in the Navy. (Actually, there are quite a few protocol issues there, from the phrase "permission to speak freely" in the first place to the out-of-order saluting from the commanding officer to the inferior officer). Third, from what little I've seen, this commander seems like a really, really obvious villain, from the way he addresses his (apperent) subordinate to all the adjectives thrown in like "venemous" and "hungrily", to the point that he may as well be cackling and twirling the aforementioned mustache. A bit more subtlety on that part would be appreciated.

That unpleasantness said, I am looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Unwrittenstory0 chapter 54 . 6/19/2015
I've read thousands of stories I've watched movie that would make people cry but this on made me mourn for the big daddy you made into a hero for all and to be honest I would love if you would do another one with my here delta thanks
k chapter 54 . 5/28/2015
I like how you did that ending. Its a fitting ending worthy of them both. A death worthy of a big Daddy, and a fitting end for Elenor. It always has been just as much about how your decisions effect her as it has been about Delta. From good to sacrifice endings. I always kind of liked the the sacrifice ending, because it brought her freedom, with the loneliness that comes with it. I like that theme
k chapter 46 . 5/28/2015
I have loved this story so far. Only two things get in my way. 1. Why do people keep getting the drop on a grown assassin? I imagine him having geneticly improved senses (like hearing) and reflexes to prevent that. It would make sense to add if you are engenering your own assassin.

2. Ellenors reactions. With battle quotes such as "This one died alone and afraid. Stand in our way and you'll get the same." And"What's that, Father? Teach them about fire? Well, if you insist."
In her good dialogue, I would imagine her as something of a bloodknight, and can't see her breaking down over kills as fast as she does. So soon out of rapture, she would still be on edge, and not ready to break down over a kill yet. Honestly, the break comes after you have relaxed your guard, and something brings the traumatic event back to memory, even a sound.

Actually why are they always hit with surprise, especially the "fresh from the nervewreaking hell that is rapture" Eleanor , who would still be on edge?
Guest chapter 54 . 5/24/2015
Just read from start to finish. An amazing read, keep up the good work.
DracoAngel17 chapter 54 . 4/15/2015
It breaks my heart to see this story end. I applaud you Mr. Author man.
Ric chapter 54 . 3/19/2015
hello from 3 years in the future from what I can tell you no longer are on this site I don't post reviews but I am making an exception to say this is one of the greatest bio shock fanfics ever this could fit into the game perfectly hell it would make the game better now I know your most likely never going to read this but I had to say it anyway you caught the aspect of bio shock awesomely I usually don't remember fanfics because I have a terrible memory but this is going to be one the few that will stick with me for years thank you for an amazing experience.
FlygonNick chapter 54 . 1/16/2015
So, I just finished playing Bioshock and Bioshock II for the first time, and lo and behold I feel this strong desire to find an awesome fanfic about Bioshock.

Which leads me to this fanfic, which was an amazing read and a fitting conclusion to the tale of Rapture, tying up several loose ends in a satisfying manner and making me even more appreciative of the Bioshock series. Thank you for the awesome read, and I wish you luck in your future stories.

Stay classy.

Guest chapter 54 . 11/26/2014
Absolutely amazing. I was clinging to my chair whilst reading the story and i simply can not find the words your work deserves. Know that i enjoyed every chapter, every part, hell, every f*cking sentence of this and left me with tears stinging my eyes at the end.
Only one thing left for me to say right now:

Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to write this stunningly beautiful piece of art.
Thank you for letting me (us) read your story.
You have my sinserest gratitude.
Shadow1176 chapter 54 . 10/21/2014
My word. I read this entire thing in a single sitting, and I applaud your writing.

Besides the few mistakes of grammar or word placement, this is a wonderful continuation of Bioshock 2, a great fanfiction about the horrors of Rapture and the wonders of the human psyche. With plentiful detail, well written combat, and a well off plot, I cannot find words to describe how well the piece was written. You managed to capture much of the spirit of Rapture, the very world that 2K introduced us to, with horror and drama abound. The only suggestion that I can give is that you may want to study a bit on combat theory, considering the outlandish tactics created. Then again, this is Rapture and an alternate timeline, so acceptations can be made. Knowing that this story couldn't end happily, I still thought slightly about Subject Delta becoming a mercenary, tearing through Russian troops or the like. Although, a question.

Would Subject Delta not be dissected for his secrets, thus possibly causing the entire cycle again? With the autopsy of the original Big Daddy, unspeakable horrors could come from the American government here. But I digress.

Your ending to this entire story impacts so... Well. Delta's death. Truly, his death is done.

Unless more Vita Chambers appear. That would just ruin everything.

Thank you for creating such a wonderful story.
Last Ride Of The Valkyries chapter 4 . 10/5/2014
This is excellent writing, but I just want you to know that Homeland Security didn't exit yet. It was formed under Bush in an effort to prevent a second 9/11.
Universal lizard chapter 3 . 8/6/2014
Ah yes, taking those trips out into the ocean while in a deep strength diving suit gives me ample time to clear my head, and to take in the beautiful underwater scenery. And you of course describe not only the scenery so well, but including Siren Alley was very clever. Very good chapter overall.
Queen Vader Eloha chapter 54 . 8/1/2014
I just wanted to thank you for writing this. I didn't know I needed to read this, but I did. I love how you explored Delta and you didn't pull punches. Thank you for this!