Reviews for Sea of Broken Dreams
k chapter 54 . 5/28
I like how you did that ending. Its a fitting ending worthy of them both. A death worthy of a big Daddy, and a fitting end for Elenor. It always has been just as much about how your decisions effect her as it has been about Delta. From good to sacrifice endings. I always kind of liked the the sacrifice ending, because it brought her freedom, with the loneliness that comes with it. I like that theme
k chapter 46 . 5/28
I have loved this story so far. Only two things get in my way. 1. Why do people keep getting the drop on a grown assassin? I imagine him having geneticly improved senses (like hearing) and reflexes to prevent that. It would make sense to add if you are engenering your own assassin.

2. Ellenors reactions. With battle quotes such as "This one died alone and afraid. Stand in our way and you'll get the same." And"What's that, Father? Teach them about fire? Well, if you insist."
In her good dialogue, I would imagine her as something of a bloodknight, and can't see her breaking down over kills as fast as she does. So soon out of rapture, she would still be on edge, and not ready to break down over a kill yet. Honestly, the break comes after you have relaxed your guard, and something brings the traumatic event back to memory, even a sound.

Actually why are they always hit with surprise, especially the "fresh from the nervewreaking hell that is rapture" Eleanor , who would still be on edge?
Just read from start to finish. An amazing read, keep up the good work.
DracoAngel17 chapter 54 . 4/15
It breaks my heart to see this story end. I applaud you Mr. Author man.
Ric chapter 54 . 3/19
hello from 3 years in the future from what I can tell you no longer are on this site I don't post reviews but I am making an exception to say this is one of the greatest bio shock fanfics ever this could fit into the game perfectly hell it would make the game better now I know your most likely never going to read this but I had to say it anyway you caught the aspect of bio shock awesomely I usually don't remember fanfics because I have a terrible memory but this is going to be one the few that will stick with me for years thank you for an amazing experience.
FlygonNick chapter 54 . 1/16
So, I just finished playing Bioshock and Bioshock II for the first time, and lo and behold I feel this strong desire to find an awesome fanfic about Bioshock.

Which leads me to this fanfic, which was an amazing read and a fitting conclusion to the tale of Rapture, tying up several loose ends in a satisfying manner and making me even more appreciative of the Bioshock series. Thank you for the awesome read, and I wish you luck in your future stories.

Stay classy.

-FlygonNick
Guest chapter 54 . 11/26/2014
Absolutely amazing. I was clinging to my chair whilst reading the story and i simply can not find the words your work deserves. Know that i enjoyed every chapter, every part, hell, every f*cking sentence of this and left me with tears stinging my eyes at the end.
Only one thing left for me to say right now:

Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to write this stunningly beautiful piece of art.
Thank you for letting me (us) read your story.
You have my sinserest gratitude.
Shadow1176 chapter 54 . 10/21/2014
My word. I read this entire thing in a single sitting, and I applaud your writing.

Besides the few mistakes of grammar or word placement, this is a wonderful continuation of Bioshock 2, a great fanfiction about the horrors of Rapture and the wonders of the human psyche. With plentiful detail, well written combat, and a well off plot, I cannot find words to describe how well the piece was written. You managed to capture much of the spirit of Rapture, the very world that 2K introduced us to, with horror and drama abound. The only suggestion that I can give is that you may want to study a bit on combat theory, considering the outlandish tactics created. Then again, this is Rapture and an alternate timeline, so acceptations can be made. Knowing that this story couldn't end happily, I still thought slightly about Subject Delta becoming a mercenary, tearing through Russian troops or the like. Although, a question.

Would Subject Delta not be dissected for his secrets, thus possibly causing the entire cycle again? With the autopsy of the original Big Daddy, unspeakable horrors could come from the American government here. But I digress.

Your ending to this entire story impacts so... Well. Delta's death. Truly, his death is done.

Unless more Vita Chambers appear. That would just ruin everything.

Thank you for creating such a wonderful story.
Last Ride Of The Valkyries chapter 4 . 10/5/2014
This is excellent writing, but I just want you to know that Homeland Security didn't exit yet. It was formed under Bush in an effort to prevent a second 9/11.
Universal lizard chapter 3 . 8/6/2014
Ah yes, taking those trips out into the ocean while in a deep strength diving suit gives me ample time to clear my head, and to take in the beautiful underwater scenery. And you of course describe not only the scenery so well, but including Siren Alley was very clever. Very good chapter overall.
Queen Vader Eloha chapter 54 . 8/1/2014
I just wanted to thank you for writing this. I didn't know I needed to read this, but I did. I love how you explored Delta and you didn't pull punches. Thank you for this!
Universal lizard chapter 2 . 7/19/2014
I must say your descriptions of surroundings are phenomenally detailed! Plus your fights are very well done, showing not only Delta's awesomeness, but his sheer determination to his goal ahead. I think the only drawback I could find is that there's not enough spacing between sentences, leading to lengthy block paragraphs.

p.s. totally got that 'not the bees' reference, even if it seemed required!
Universal lizard chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Greetings Jschneids, this will be my second time reading your story, and hopefully I'll find it just as epic as the first! I wasn't able to leave reviews the first time, so I'll try and do them this time.

no grammar mistakes stuck out to me as far as I could see, though I was a little confused by how exactly Delta and Sophia were positioned on the Bathysphere when they fell.

Ohhh Alex Alex Alex... my first playthrough I thought to kill him you just leave him alone. Now on my second playthrough, I was so stricken between killing or sparing him I actually had to flip a coin to decide for me! ...That penny rally hated the guy.

One thing though, did Alex always have access to outside in the Atlantic? I always thought he was confined to that tank like a fish in a fish tank.

And this was just the first chapter! I expect it only to go up from here, I mean hey, that's what Delta has to do now right?
Guest chapter 47 . 5/25/2014
Interesting use of the ex-Nazi in this story, though I feel I should point out one thing. Wernher von Braun had a mixed relationship with the Nazi party. At one point he was even arrested and almost executed. He was always more interested in rockets than the party's ideology. Many of the other former Nazi scientists used by the US and Britain had similar stories. These men were scientists above all. As for the operators of the death camps, they were definitely punished, either with execution or various prison sentences. In one case, the operators of a certain Nazi death camp didn't even make to trail, or to the end of the war. Shortly after their surrender, they were brutally slaughtered by American troops, who were far too disgusted and outraged by what they saw in the camp to show them mercy. The men behind the holocaust got what they deserved, so our country didn't really make use of the worst of them.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
A gripping and epic drama! Thumbs up