Reviews for Three Watchers
Jane chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
This was really good! It was very true to the original characters, while still being a nuanced and realistic interpretation. Very well done. You've got a knack for writing good dialogue and sketching out characters.
Vild Runescarred chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Good Gods... you actually made me feel sympathy for Xan. Truly, it was a deed equal to that of Orpheus calming Cerberus ;). He seemed alive - a real character instead of a flat, plastic emo elf who just goes around being comforted by beautiful and understanding Charnames, hehehe. Also, fantastic job on Coran - I could hear him say the sentence about how cruel it was not to let a man sing in the woods. Great!:)

Vive valeque,

Vigdis Runescarred
spiteorflight chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Wow, I love this. It begins rather loosely, just snippets of characterization and thought, but then...abruptly it's disturbing, as a dream of life flashes in an instant. Finally, despite this keen ache, you end with a glint of hope. It made me smile.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
I liked this very much. Your elven characterization and distinctiveness from humans are, as always, excellently and fascinatingly defined. I do like your Xan and his memories of Mulahey. Blonde, brunette and redhead-Branwen, Imoen, and Anna perhaps? Very well written, and very solid as a stand-alone piece.
Bifflechips chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I think this may be one of the best of any of your stories or chapters I've read here in the last year. Absolutely beautiful, and as always, you write a stunning Xan! Your stories centered around these elven characters always reminds my how different elves really are from everyone else.

I think the ending really seals the deal here, though, and it also makes me crave more Xan-Kivan interaction in Fragments as well. Though any conversation with Kivan would be quite welcome. As the shadow of the party, he is supposed to be in the background, but still!

I'm curious to see Kivan show Deheriana to Xan.

Great work, once again. :)
Kulyok chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
This was beautiful. And this story weaves itself into "A Fragment of Substance", somehow, too - though it stands very well on its own: it feels complete. You made me feel Xan's shock and sorrow here, as well as Kivan's grimness and Coran's strange light-hearted wisdom. I never expected to react so strongly to Xan's story, to be honest, but I did. Thank you.