Reviews for Be Still, My Troubled Heart
Cat1030 chapter 2 . 12/23/2011
Really amazing. Loved it so much :D
Wldwmn chapter 2 . 5/23/2011
This was so heart-warming. I really liked how they ended up connecting in the two different places. Good job!
Afterglow04 chapter 2 . 3/2/2011
Okay. This will be hard, I have no idea where to even start, heh. Remember when I said two months ago that out of your stories I have left to read, this was on top of my list? Yea, so I finally got around to it and *this* is why I save your work. This story is the perfect example, and I'm at a loss for how I will ever leave a review that will cover all the bases, or everything I wanted to mention.

For starters, I love the title of this. So so so very much. It's one of the reasons why it was on top of the to-read list, because it's just so appealing and it kind of made me think of the ER episode with that same title :p And the quote you chose. I'd never heard or read it before and kind of instantly liked it, but then when I'd actually finished the story and realised just how perfect it fits, it's even better. The entire story can sort of be summed up by it, it's wonderful.

I will revert to a list now, to mention everything I loved, because undoubtedly, I'll be forgetting things.

* Lisbon wanting to make up for her earlier mistake of not realising his discomfort around cameras. That's something that really bothered me in the actual ep, she knows him, so she of course would've known why he was reluctant to participate in this whole documentary. I love that you casually slipped that in here to sort of rectify. hee.

* ADA Liz! I adore the idea of Lisbon being bothered enough to actually call up a friend and schedule plans heeee.

* I particularly liked the way you wrote Lisbon here. Jane too, of course, since both of them were perfectly in character, but something about this Lisbon just seems so true to form, from her freaking out over having a low social life, to dressing up and finally being able to wear heels she fell in love with at first sight (I love when Lisbon is a girly girl :p) to cancelling plans because otherwise she'd feel guilty over Jane (the mother Teresa thing)

* In essence, you kind of wrote a date between them, without it being an actual date, which is just lovely.

* Jane being upset because he looks old. *snort*

* And lastly, I adooore all the side glances, appreciative once-overs and Jane being virtually oblivious to anyone but her.

When I read that it would be post 2x12, I honestly had no idea how you were going to post-ep that, or what it would be about. But this was such a great surprise. It's your unique writing style that never fails to draw me in and completely captivate me. Your choice of words, your sentence and story structure, the cadence of it all...it's very appealing and try as I might, I can never find anything to constructively criticise :p

Also. This deserves a special mention. THE END. Oh, the end. How you beautifully drew it back to Jane's earlier statement of standing on the outside looking in. And the metaphor of Lisbon being the key to that. I can't even appropriately describe how much I loved the ending. Because, you know, she *is* the key. SHE IS.

And this is now in my top three of your stories (yes, I actually have a top three, because I'm geeky like that).

This review is also ridiculously long, but considering I could happily ramble on about this for another hour or so, I don't apologise for it haha, because it could be worse ;) (luckily the review box thing allows for 10.000 characters :p)

- Cathy
13 Jo chapter 2 . 8/31/2010
I forgot to mention this in my last review, but the 'Lisbon's weekends' clip was one of my favorites in this episodes. LOL!

I really liked this chapter as well. I thought the jealousy in Jane's part and Lisbon's were great. The Jane-Lisbon moments were beautifully written. And I loved the "Oh, no need to get defensive, woman. We both know I only have eyes for you." line.

And I just love the way you ended it. It was very simple but it said everything that had to be said! Impressive!
13 Jo chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Very good idea. Beautifully written. Jane and Lisbon were in character. The quote at the beginning was perfect for this story. Very very good job!
sdfsafdfasdfasdfasdf chapter 2 . 4/28/2010
I loved this chapter. Wow. A great ending to such nice juxtapositions of moments. Wow. Just wow.

This has to be my favourite part: "He's not wondering what his wife would think of this, isn't ashamed picturing his little girl, instead he feels elated, optimistic, intoxicated by the desire to make his thoughts a reality." It shows his more human side. Not that he isn't human already, but that he doesn't show interest in a more "common" life. I don't know if that makes a whole lot of sense (it's like 3 am xD)?

On a more random note: Why the fuck is that stupid psychic coming back to be Jane's "date"? I mean, what the hell? I did not see a single spark between their so-called "relationship". I just hope it's a move to induce some sort of jealousy from Lisbon's part (and maybe some type of realization from Jane's side). *fingers crossed*
sdfsafdfasdfasdfasdf chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
I normally don't do this—commenting per chapter—but for a second, I thought chapter 1 was the only chapter. I was about to yell at you from my side, but not a moment later, I realized there was another one! I am really loving it so far. I really like your characterization of Jane and Lisbon. You have this sense of eagerness from both parties. I didn't catch on when I read the first one, but I soon realized it after reading more after. It's very subtle, but looking closely, you can see it almost seeping from each word. It's normally something you don't see in the show (hell, what do we really see on the show, but glimmers of something more), but I like that you show us more. Okay, back to reading chapter 2, before I lose my train of thought.
hardly loquacious chapter 2 . 3/31/2010
Oh I think I quite like this. There's just something about the two of them going out for random drinks isn't there? Very nicely done.
LSR-7 chapter 2 . 3/29/2010
Lovely. I'm very thankful for the hopeful ending you gave this story. Just gave me warm fuzzies.
LSR-7 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Love it! The subtleties in their interactions and thoughts were written well. I'm glad Lisbon decided to cancel her plans since it led her to now go out with Jane. :-)
Tiffa chapter 2 . 3/24/2010
I just read your story and i absolutely loved it. Very good work. I loved that they didn't kiss..i totally could picture this in the show...or at least really close...specially the mood between them..a lot of joke, teasing...and beneath that a lot of feelings that they both close in themselves and recognize in each other. They're just there and really care for each other...and although they have feelings for each other, it's still hard to figure out or to take the next step...very much like the show.

You did and excellent job. I'm looking forward to read more of your fanfics.
mtm chapter 2 . 3/24/2010
I like the effortless flow and ebb of their conversation and how you made it feel very real as it would be doubtful that either Jane or Lisbon would come clean in one go about their worries and feelings. Great chapter!
anthropologist chapter 2 . 3/20/2010
Truly loved everything about this. The dialogue was spot-on, as was your characterization of Jane and Lisbon. Very, very lovely.
Famous4it chapter 2 . 3/20/2010
Aw, really sweet ending, can't wait for more from you!
Chiisana Minako chapter 2 . 3/20/2010
"I accept your challenge, Agent Lisbon. Prepare to be amazed."

That's so smug. So Jane. Can't help to love him despite his arrogance xD. Can arrogance be cute?

Brushing of knees and thighs was really subtle flirting/closeness between them. Love the tidbits of something more :)

"I look old."

And so she laughs. And I chuckled too even before reading she laughs too! LOL

"..Lisbon realizes that if his previous lack of attention to the occupants of the bar doesn't reveal his utter lack of interest in other women, then the wedding band certainly does."

I don't know what was about this sentence that I read it and read it and read it.. and I couldn't quite get it. I even throw it at google translator, and even now re-reading it I'm still a bit confused.

The wrist catching scene was tension filled. It was palpable!

Jane finding Lisbon driving her car alluring was new. And I liked it ;) And the Lisbon-squealing-over-a-strike moment, so cute.

French cheese! lol