Reviews for Drabbles of White Feathers
AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
This entire piece was very nice. :) I especially liked the last one. I got the mental image of Tutu dancing in the end of the opening credits to the anime there. I am pretty sure that's what you were describing, right?
frumiousQ chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
These were such amazing drabbles! I tried to pick a favorite but just couldn't. (Though I must say- I *really* liked the part about the feathers in the Raven's lair - I had always been curious about what people would make of them since they appeared as such a striking motif in the anime.)

I love how the entire fic is so...contemplative while at the same time being very elegantly put together. There were so many small details and wonderfully thoughtful lines that leapt out at me (ex: the fact that Princess Tutu conjures rose briars a la Sleeping Beauty and the description of her final dance). Really a pleasure to read.
xxFireWarriorxx chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Oh, the was simply gorgeous to read. I loved each and every drabble that you had in here - all were extremely insightful that shed light on the emotions of the characters that I'd never really thought of before. Especially the two drabbles about Mytho and Princess Tutu. How she lives on now, only in his heart, and is a part of him that will never go away. That was super sweet and conveyed wonderfully.

Anyways, wonderful job! I really enjoyed reading these. :)
Tripleguess chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
An enjoyable read. Good perceptions into each of the characters, angles I hadn't thought of before but which felt quite natural and right. Thanks for that!
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Oh wow. This is amazing. I love every one of these, how they tell various aspects of the story and then come to the end, post-series. You found such creative ways to fit the feathers in!

The first is so very creepy, especially the image of Drosselmeyer still trying to write in his own blood and seeing his severed hands.

The second paints a lovely picture of the preparations for the Fire Festival. I like the idea of Rue walking amongst them, watching everything go up.

The third is so sad. Poor Fakir. I really like his musings on what will happen if/when Mytho returns to the story. It's something I've long wondered myself. And the feather symbolizing cowardice to him was a final, very good and poignant touch.

I always wondered why there were white feathers in the Raven's place. The thought of them being memorials is really creepy and intriguing. And Rue's/Kraehe's thoughts as she goes back are so sad.

The fifth, arguably the shortest, is one of the most fascinating. My subtitles don't say that Autor actually used a duck feather, just that it's acceptable to use one. I like this interpretation and the possible implications! I did wonder why he went out of his way to mention a duck feather and if that was supposed to be important.

Poor Mytho, not realizing the full price of asking for the final shard! I love his thoughts upon seeing the duckling. The part in the show where he bows to her is one of my most favorites.

The image of Ahiru growing up and shedding the yellow feathers is very vivid, especially the itching. And the final exclamation of Yes!, when the new feathers have come in, is so cute.

And the very last one... Wow. I had to read it twice to fully understand; I was dense at first and thought it was somehow Rue post-series. But summarizing what happened to the Princess Tutu persona after the show came out so very powerful. It's such a beautiful end to these pieces, especially the final line.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 3/14/2010