Reviews for The Weight of the World
Nemo6 chapter 1 . 7/28
I have been watching season 3 and when I finished watching episode 107 I couldn't help but think about how much duke and serenity actually went through together. Losing tristan and serenity having a meltdown and then duke telling her to get up and fight. He kept encouraging her to keep going and he never treated her like a child. These were a lot of reasons why I think duke would be the best choice for serenity to make. Duke and Serenity forever!
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Ooh, this is really...well, heavy. (No pun intended. XD) You definitely succeeded at portraying these two as having matured because of what they've gone through.

And their discussion of what they would do if Serenity ever died is really chilling, too. o.o
Nuit Songeur chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
That was very beautiful. Bittersweet, painful, and utterly heart wrenching. It gives more depth to the Duke/Serenity pairing. I loved this.

I wish you luck in the contest!

Harry2 chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Sometimes, one has to share what has been going on. And with Duke, Serenity is the person he has to talk to. Especially on this matter.
NortheasternWind chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Poor Duke... He's lucky that Serenity chose to share his suffering, or he'd be going crazy by now.

Duke saying he would make the same choice if given the chance reminded me of Symphonia's Big Bad's last line, so it probably meant a little more to me than it was supposed to.

And asking Serenity what she would have wanted if she died was a really nice moment. Serenity, of course, manages to give an answer that is nice for everyone.

Also, good job including all the shows of affection while not going overload.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Ooh, wow... Duke's comparisons to sin and the like are utterly chilling... And his confessions of what he did must be so hard to say, especially to her...

And then asking if Serenity would be upset if he did the same thing to her... wow, that was such a poignant moment.

And the ending is so bittersweet...