Reviews for if love can move a mountain
Angel de La Paz chapter 1 . 6/19
An excellent portrayal of the twins. This whole Skywalker family is cursed!
Lisse chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
I can understand why, from Luke and Leia's perspective, it would seem like abandonment. But, maybe it's from living/lived through clinical depression episodes and suicide ideation myself, I saw Padme as depressed throughout the whole of RotS. She was tired, weary, and muted. The thought of her own death doesn't bother her when Anakin brings up and going by TCW, Padme knows from firsthand experience that Jedi visions can save lives because Ahsoka's visions saved Padme's life there. She has no reason not to take it seriously. Her life's work was crumbling, her husband was a mess whom she couldn't trust with her concerns about Palpatine, and she was pregnant while facing the scrutiny of the public stage.

I saw Anakin's betrayal as a final snap rather than a sudden trigger to depression. For someone like Padme, she would think 'he did this for me he destroyed the galaxy for me what have i done?' even when it's not her fault. She would feel the burden of his choices. On top of that, it was her direct doing that led to Palpatine's ascension. This woman's world crumbled beneath her and it's great that Leia and Luke are super strong and don't fall into depressive states that sap them from wanting to live, that they would hang on for their kids, but not everyone's like that. Sometimes, people just think the world's better off without them in it - that's what I thought and therapy taught me that it's a common thought. .

I always saw Padme's death stemming from her ongoing depression and from the psychic trauma of being linked to Anakin becoming Vader. Those scenes were paired together for a reason IMO and there was at least one other scene that implied that Padme felt the turmoil of what Anakin was going through in the middle of RotS - maybe it was in the novelization. I headcanoned it as a byproduct of her carrying two powerful Force sensitive children who are also biologically connected to Anakin.

Basically, I can see how Luke and Leia would think that she abandoned them and it's a human emotion to feel. But, viewing Padme's death through the lens I mentioned above, Luke and Leia's position did rankle me. The stigma surrounding depression-induced suicides and the high expectations that society places on mothers are some of the reasons. The twins need therapy to work through this. Random, but I'm reminded of Robin Williams' recent suicide and the battle he lost with depression. doesn't make someone weak or selfish. It's just a tragedy.

Sorry for the long comment, but some of the positions held by Luke and Leia are triggering for me. Good job, though.
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
This was nice, but a little confusing... is this a sequel to something? You give us no context or setting in the time of the EU storyline for this little tale of yours, though I suspect it's around the Swarm Wars trilogy, am I correct?
S chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
And I quite agree with Leia. Dead by heartbreak- what the hell?! She just had twi children, but lost the will to live. Please. I think as a son/daughter I'd have a much haredr time forgiving Padme than Anakin - after all, as twisted as it was, all he did was to make things better for his family. He went about it the wrong way and should have known better, but still.
And yeah, Padmè and Anakin were really just kids. Both of them had no chance to develope their emotional side. With nasty consequences.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
New spin on it. Thanks.

A lot of people don't like the fact that Padmé "is just a vessel for Anakin's love/children in Ep. II & III, but they don't think of PSTD & growing up too fast and etc.

Star Fata chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
This, I think, is the most realistic representation of what the Skywalker twins think of their parents that I've ever found. Good work.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Gah. Padme and Anakin really were terrible parents, weren't they?

This fic falls like ashes. I love the first paragraph- absolutely no need to explain who "they" is.

Also I love the summary.
desu chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
I can't help but notice how some of the reviews are like "Omfg why did there mum abandoned them?"

Well thats cause she died. Hurr durr
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Poor Leia. Poor Luke! Padme's abandonment does sting almost worse than Anakin's, I guess. A lot of the time I try and say that Padme had no choice but to die, that if she had lived, the twins would have only been in more danger, that her dying kept them safe and hidden, but I honestly don't know if that's just my own excuse as to why a mother would have abandoned her children. Nice work!
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 1 . 4/7/2010

I did read a list of signs of PTSD and Anakin (according to RotS) had either all of them or most of them.

I can imagine Leia having a hard time with these new revelations about her parents. I personally believe that her life on Alderaan was lacking in the love department simply because Breha was queen so she was going to be terribly busy (and she might have preferred the distant love) and Bail was busy in the Senate making sure that not too many freedoms were flushed down the tubes, making sure that his fellow rebels kept their cool and he might have felt that it would be better if he wasn't too attached to her

I like how they talked it through and came to an understanding about how come their parents made the choices they made.

I guess in many ways Padme was a sixteen year old girl in a twenty-seven year old woman's body.

I did read somewhere that one reason why many of the Nubian leaders are children on the cusp on teenagehood is because they are innocent and uncorrupted. If I remember correctly they even purposely shelter all candidates for the throne to help mantain their innocence. Sadly they aren't doing them a favor; poor Padme thought that slavery was a thing of the past.
Starclipper01 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Right on about Padme. If I had children, I would never leave them like that. Never. Especially since they were just born and needed to be protected from their own father and Sidious. It was typically Lucas for turning a warrior Padme of Episode I into a wimpy weak shadow of herself in Episode 3 without really going how she changed for the worst.

Nice to show how these two kids have to cope with such a frakked up set of parents.

I love dance chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
This was beautiful. Bittersweet and very well-written, true to character. Congrats on a wonderful fic and thanks for sharing. :)
Lightsider chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
This was simply wonderful. I loved the twins' reactions. And this has always bothered me about Padme's death. I believe you did a very accurate portrayal of their characters. Bravo!
justwalkingdown chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I seriously cannot describe how much I love your star wars stories. This is pretty much the most fangirl like I have ever been lol :) Thanks so much for another update, this was cute and I liked how you added all the hints about their children and "future" lives. Can't wait for more :)

kazoo chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Another lovely glimpse of the Skywalker twins. I haven't read the book where they find out, but I think your portrayal of their reactions rings true, especially if at this point they're both parents themselves. thank you for sharing, and hope to see more twinstories, especially ones based on your AU from hexaptych!