Reviews for Her Transformation
lamni chapter 2 . 1/16/2011
Wow, that was graphic , so overwhelmingly graphic

and sad

and i don't really know what to say

but you write very well, because i'm almost never...shocked?...emotionally moved?... when the autor's warning says that the content of the chapter is stronger than bearable for most people.

It takes a lot to leave me with this kind o feeling after reading fic or even a book, but you did it.

I hope you haven't gave up this story, it would be a waste.

Thanks for sharing.
lamni chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
That's a very good ideia for a story, i've never read anything with this theme before,with Esme's feelings about being a mother and a wife

it's refreshing because no one ever cares about Esme, and to explore and point the frustrations and bad side of it (which is rarely discussed in fics) is a clarifying yet sad reading experience

Esme's insecurities, which you've shown so far in this chapter, are pretty common in our society, i believe, the feeling of uselessness, the frustration of trying to do something right for your children and husband but these actions are not appreciated, the mistrust of Carlisle in Esme's romantic feelings for him.

However, these feelings are not ones i would think that someone on that position would have (maybe because i'm not in this stage yet), but now that i stopped to reflect about them they seem very obvious. Children never care for their mother’s feelings regarding are mothers right?They are married and have children and they should be happy ever after right?That’s a fucked up tale of society.

Your story made me reflect about my own relationship with my mom ) Thanks for sharing
invisible-to-all chapter 2 . 9/19/2010
your story is amazing i dont get why u dont update sooner
TheMonkeySong chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
This is a great beginning to s story. I do hope you update with the third chapter soon!
Avarenda chapter 2 . 4/10/2010
Yeah, the process of becoming vampir-ified does not seem to be a pretty one. I wonder why Steph left this part of the transformation out? Maybe she didn't want to upset our fragile constitutions?

At any rate, you really need to tell me when you write new stuff! Here i thought you were twiddling your thumbs all this time. Not that it's such a bad thing, i have been guilty of procrastination on more than one occasion.
Avarenda chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
So, geophf, is this story a prequel to MSR or is it a prequel to Twilight?

A big part of me is hoping this is a prequel to MSR, but if not, i can deal. I really like how you're putting this entire thing in Esme's POV. I so rarely get to see things from her eyes, plus, I can't resist a good Rosalie story.

I am curious about where you're going with this though. It doesn't seem to have a purpose other than filling in the time line. Not that i really mind, I always enjoy your stuff, but it's something to ponder on none the less.
51readaholic15 chapter 2 . 3/30/2010
"Edward probably saw more than his young gentleman eyes were accustomed to seeing." - I'm sorry, it probably wasn't meant to be a humorous statement but I seriously cracked up when I read it. Ah Edward and his 'chivalrous'(?) nature, it's both amusing and rather romantic... not that I'm an Edward fan...

And you were indeed correct that this chapter was more graphic than the previous one, but I'm not complaining. Again, as I have said previously it gives us a deeper, more thorough perspective into the process of the transformation from human to vampire.

Makes me kind of respect the vampires that have gone through it...

looking forwards to more chapters!
51readaholic15 chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Oh I love this. Have actually been looking for a good fic on Esme, and well of course Rosalie, but there is already MSR.

I seriously can't get enough of yours and your sisters fics, you both are excellent writers.

Defiantly a more graphic and detailed view on the transformation into vampire what with that first paragraph, but it's about time someone writes that the transformation is more than just a burning fire where you simply scream for a bit.

I imagine its not a pretty, simple little three day trip, and this is the less-pretty side which I thoroughly enjoy.

I do so enjoy your interpretation of Esmes character and her thoughts on the others, showing her insecurities and... after-effects from having escaped an abusive marriage.

'lovin' it' pretty much sums it up :P
Jocelyn Torrent chapter 2 . 3/21/2010
That is so terribly painful. Poor Rosalie. I hadn't really thought about the venom 'eating' her babies. I assumed they would die without pain, as cells do or something. But this is an interesting and gruesome take. I enjoyed it. I liked that you gave them something disgusting, something real, as opposed to the perfection in canon. Thanks for this :)

Alice
headintheair chapter 2 . 3/20/2010
This is an amazing start. Esme's voice is a wonderful narrator for this story. Each word pulls the reader into Esme's world. Her need to have something, someONE, to care for is demonstrated wonderfully with her caring for Rosalie. Rosalie's pain and Esme's gentle and motherly response to it is almost heartbreaking in its intensity. The exploration of the bond between Esme and Edward is also off to a nice start. I'm very interested to see where you steer this origin story.
TheLondoner chapter 2 . 3/15/2010
AW THIS IS REALLY GOOD! CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER
massrie chapter 2 . 3/14/2010
Esme's strength is wonderful. Rosalie, I understand wants to die, but that is very well what she is doing now.

"If we had happy endings, we’d all be under gravestones now."

Rosalie Hale, Eclipse, Chapter 7, p.154

I like the back story on Esme, how each thing that Rosalie does, draws her closer yet to the girl who will be her daughter. Knowing even still that Rosalie may disdain her and will in fact choose to strike out on her own, she hopes that is not the case.

Hope is such a strong thing in the world. I hope you shall title a chapter, "Esme's Hope".

*smiles*

Wonderful geophf.

Thank you.
GothicPheonix chapter 2 . 3/14/2010
Wat to tell Edward off Esme :) Poor Rosalie...wow...she ACTUALLY had babies..wow, :( Esme's a great character :)
massrie chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
I'm enjoying reading about Rosalie's Transformation as you will write it out geophf.

I've missed you terribly! Don't stay away so long anymore if you can okay?

Esme's side always intrigues me. She's so "different" from the rest of them. Almost as if she never moved from her own Era. I love that about her. She'll always be the sweet house wife, who has her own pursuits, but takes care of her family first.

As for Rosalie, poor girl. I'm sure it can't be easy to be burning for 3 days. No matter how its administered.

Take care and keep writing :)
GothicPheonix chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Oh wow :) I LOVE this, seeing more inside Esme's mind :)