Reviews for There Is No You There Is Only Me
Victoriaswords chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
my heart snapped
Coragyps chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
What I really like about this fic is that it made me think back over the whole canon to think how it would have to be happening if Sam were never real . . . it kind of works - very deep stuff! I like this psych experiment and I'm glad Dean has Cas and Bobby to help him out. So cute. Good job!
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I liked it. It was a littel stacatto and disorienting but then I think you wanted that effect. The Sam/Cas quasi relationship was touching.
DeansBabyBird x
Twinchy chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Really superbly done and very imaginative, MadServer.

I also enjoyed your ongoing sneezyDean theme to no end!

Good idea to give the challenge - at the end of the story, so the reader isn't spoiled as to the Sam/Dean situation beforehand.
Onyx Moonbeam chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
I love how this fits together. How you make it work, everything choppy, both the scenes, and Dean's emotions and thought process.

I remember reading the original prompt, and thinking, how in the world... I'm so impressed with how well it works. Nice job! (Also, luckily I couldn't remember what the prompt was about, only that it was crazy, so it was all a surprise!)
Hain Crowley chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
This is full on genius! I had to go back and re-read it.

How did you get such an idea? Awesome, simply awesome!
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I'll use your words: I love when new information comes in at the end of the story and makes you need to go back and read the whole story again.

It was much surprising than Identity for me. I was thinking Dean was just having hallucinations from fever and concussion. I simply ignored the title, I didn't see that coming. Even after the blanks, the flashes, the dream and the salad (Sam's salads - you're a genius!), I didn't realize what was going on. It is very very sad and now I'm thinking if that was true, Dean had kept his brother to stay alive, but also, according to himself to keep his humanity. Now all he has left are Bobby and Castiel and his own memories. Also I thought of WIAWNSB, one of my favorite episodes. It would be totally possible if Sam wasn't there for real, if he was just a creation of Dean's mind. Even at the end, Dean set himself free from the ropes. Maybe there are many other episodes like this. Then I stop thinking because it is too painful.

You are really amazingly brilliant. I'm grateful that Dean dealt with it the best way he could, that Cas was there for him and that he realized the truth slowly. I love the way you wrote it, it's beautiful and touching. Thanks!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Have I told you lately that you are brilliant?

I can't believe you pulled this off. It was so tender and real and poetic.

I am really glad I knew what was coming because even knowing, I had to prepare myself. I am pretty sure I would have been a mess. It hurt my heart a little.

I adored Cas in this and the sliding in and out and him choking on the salad that he wasn't even eating.

The wind is blowing here. The shutters are rattling. Shingles are being lifted. It sounds like a hurricane. Oh, wait. That's just you.

*pets your weirdly wild mind reverently*
writergirl94 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
hahah that was really good! you fooled me! it was rlly great in a weird twisted way. loved it
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Anytime you need someone else to read, I'm more than happy to. Just... maybe a teeny bit more of a notice next time. But seriously, I can do zero notice about 95% of the time... and the offer always stands (for you, at least).

I love this fic every time I read it... It's slash, but not so in a way that makes me recoil and run. And the slash is not the real story - it's the B-plot, which I can live with.

But as the first time (I would've told you all this the first time around but I was literally halfway out the door...), I love how "off" this feels from the start but both guys are so in character I can totally roll with it. The first segment always makes me feels like it could be in a S1 ep (the part when they sort-of-clunkily go over the details of the case...)

And the burrito detail... no comment *scurries to cuddle this Dean*

I still love the "Better hair" answer to Bobby... *giggles*

I especially like how you manage to work in a sick Dean and convince us Sam's real until we get the slightly too large gap of Sam not taking away the thermometer... I simultaneously love this and want to hold Dean.

And yeah... they so scarred those children for life...

The phone call to Bobby is awesome... and heartbreaking.

You totally had nothing to worry about with this one hun, just like I told you...
TheKritty chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
OMG! That wasn't what I expected! What a horrible thought! I've read something like that once and it gave me chills, and now it wasn't different! Sam not being real - the most horrible theory outthere, seriously, it would break my heart into lots of tiny pieces,even more than 3x16, season 4 and season 5 together *lol*

I liked your writing style in this one - it was a bit confusing at first but then I really liked it and I was even okay with that Sam/Castiel - touch and the slightly slashy relationship of Dean and Cas.

I enjoyed it, although this passage:

"Dean covers his eyes, then squares his shoulders and stares out the window into a pine forest. "Is Sam real?""

almost gave me a minor heart attack and

""Dean. Son. Sam died when he was a baby. We lost him in the fire.""

finally really gave me said heart attack *lol* and I was creeped out by that (not-) dream (as in...flashback/memory? *lol*) before, jeez!

Well done, good job!

Kritty
Musica Diabolos chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Gragh I so didn't see that coming! Geez, you scared me. Good job!
okayokayokay chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
OH MY WORD.

Wow. This was amazing. Like, seriously good. I freaking love it.

Like first of all, damn you have that "show don't tell" thing down:

A rushing inhale, and a liquid popping, mouths parting.

"Missed you," Sam breathes.

"Me too."

And second of all, I was so confused at first, but thats a good thing cause it was so unpredictable and really original and unique! It was pretty tricky how Sam's not there, then Dean figures it out...

And also, you included sick!Dean which is amazing in itself. It was perfect!
Lovebites and Popcorn chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
I'm blown away. Really.
InSecret chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
You're a clever little thing to pull this off, LOL. You managed to make it feel not quite right the whole way through, and then explain it in a way that I totally bought. Nice, NICE work.