Reviews for Ten Gold Cups
meldahlie chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
Bless you, but this made me laugh!
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 1 . 4/5/2015
Yep! Costis' life sucks... and my bet, is on the former. It's so like Gen to sneak out of the castle just to annoy his former guard. Did Costis ever leave the Guard? It said he was going to be dismissed... but, was he?
Bookwyrm25 chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
i forget how much i love Costis sometimes. And Eugenides, for that matter. Thank you for reminding me.
Jules chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I love it. I thought it was funny and reflective of Megan Whalen Turners voice of Costis. Also, I can understand the intimidation towards voicing your own version of Eugenides words and your hesitation there.
One thing, I wouldn't mind seeing, is a bit of foreshadowing of the Kings secretive listening ear on Costis's offering. In the books, Its great when you get told at the end of the book all that has happened and you get to go and read back over it again and find those subtle, yet not so subtle hints. It is a hard ask, especially in light of Turners work that you are trying to portray here, but even if there was just a little bit more of a hint of the oracle listening in, might be nice. I wasn't entirely sure if that was what you were doing with her 'smiling' before it took out the gold cups at the alter.
But otherwise, I think it was a really good one-shot of Costis.
oceanlover4evr chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Ah, Costis. Thy misery is an unending source of amusement for thy fans.

Of course, it's always possible that the gods really DID tell Gen... I mean, if they'd stoop to "stop whining", why not complain on the lack of originality on the guard's part?
Readers-Section chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Excellent! The writing was wonderful, fun to read and reminiscent of the original book. And you captured Gen and Costis' relationship so perfectly! Costis' life sucks, but I think he might secretly like it that way.
GreenEyedRedHead1994 chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Could very well be in the book :D
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
ROFL. Oh this fandom should have more fics!:D
Borrowed Twenties chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
This was quite amusing and well-written. I like the whole concept of the throwback to the mention of the gold cups, because in the book itself, we're never told how this issue is finally resolved, and also, the ten gold cups signify so many things - Costis' grudging respect and concern for the king, and Eugenides' practical kindness by offering Costis the use of the royal treasury. This story is a nice extension of this idea, and I really enjoyed it. The ending even more so; because we all know Eugenides is really that amazing and nothing escapes his eye (:
rose-of-alabaster chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Hahaha. Poor Costis. He just can't get away from Eugenides (because, after all, Eugenides is omniscient).
Musafreen chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
And I am glad your aim fell short. I much prefer this story as more than a drabble.

I love this. Especially Costis' voice and Eugenides. XD Very entertaining.
Eavis chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Oh, my dear, this is /so/ well done! Excellent, excellent!
Rainchecker chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Hah! Oh Eugenides...I love you 3 Great job. I especially liked the line about Eugenides being the living example of both a curse and a blessing bestowed by the gods.
Amethystars chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Costis' life may suck, but reading good stories about it is awesome!
LadyArin chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
Poor Costis.

Humorous, succinct and in-character. Bravo. :)