Reviews for Antiquities
tie-dye-flag chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
We need more Linebeck III fanfics like this...I really enjoyed this one!
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
I never did review this, did I? Here goes...

I've admired this story for awhile. I can't quite say why, but there was something about it... It may have just been your characterization of Linebeck III. He has a lot of depth without being overwhelming, and I love his quirky, observant-yet-oblivious personality. Great story!

-Aila
ichigoxryou2 chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
So this is the ONLY Linebeck III fanfiction. And it's awesome. I love your writing!
P.T. Piranha chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
I like it. I also like how Link wanted to keep that coin. I missed out on train upgrades when I played this game because I didn't want to let go of the treasures. Particularly that one that was a reference to Mario Galaxy.
Eternal Nocturne chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
"The Kid." XDDDD Great story! You don't find so many like these. I liked it. :D
I Am Sparty chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
I can't say I enjoyed Spirit Tracks as much as Phantom Hourglass, but I do like Linebeck's character. Actually...that's pretty much why I liked the PH so much better was that Linebeck was the supporting character and not Zelda. Zelda was always whiny, and princessy, and...too much. But Linebeck had his quips, his sarcasm, his strange sense of courage masked outwardly by cowardliness, which was also masked by false bravado. The man has layers, and I no doubt suspect that you know this as well.

The subject matter here was interesting, taking a look at New Hyrule's citizens' knowledge of the past. I think Zelda doesn't know a whole let just yet only because Teacher hasn't gotten to that part in her lessons yet. I guess.

But I liked Linebeck III's references to his grandfather and about the things he learned from him. I really enjoyed this little oneshot of yours, and I admire the insight you gain from the Zelda series as you play through them. As well, thank you for sharing your bits of insight with us.

-Sparty

P.S. Oh yeah, and I hated traversing the land by train, and I hated the sidequests. And I hated how many hard-to-get ingredients it took to get the best train parts. Stupid game. I still played the crap out of it though...
Galadriadhar chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I liked this quite a lot. Good story, good interaction between Linebeck and Link. Very enjoyable.
Rainmy chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
nice story,it makes me sad that hyrule's history and tetras and links past was forgotten,here at least,we don't know what the characters told and niko is still alive and I'm one of those who believe anjean to be tetra.

linebeck should make link a discount for every treasure we brought him!
Jioplip chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
First off, I congratulate you on a job well done, I believe that your portrayal of Linebeck I is as close as one could get to perfect.

On another note, your grammar seemed to be just about flawless.

Also I commend you for making a very compelling read, I was hooked till the end!

In closing, I would like to say that you handled Spirit Tracks Link expertly, he was very believable as who he is.

All-in-all a wonderful story.
WolfsTrinity chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Impressive. I hadn't really had any interest in the game, but after this, I think I may just get it, if I can. Brilliant story. A good bit of world-building, since I've easily understood it.