Reviews for What Drives Her
readluv chapter 35 . 2/12
Your story blew me away! Beautiful writing and a FABULOUS AU story! It is so original and you write the characters so well. Hope to read another chapter from you soon!
Looi chapter 35 . 2/11
De los mejores (si no el mejor) fic de crepúsculo que he leído. ¡Demonios! si me gusta más esta historia que la original. Me gusta que los personajes sean más maduros y desarrollen una vida tras el instituto. La forma de escribir y narrar es magnífica, es fluida y tiene profundidad.
Sé que hace años que no actualizas pero la verdad es que es una lástima que una historia tan buena se quede a medias :(
Ojalá la continúes algún día.
Saludos y espero que todo te vaya bien
TheEasternWind chapter 28 . 11/21/2020
Wow. A kegarator? That seems like an American frat boy thing to do. No judgment by the way, I'm from beer nation so people consume plenty of beer where I live. It's just funny that there is a word for a beer refrigerator. :D
TheEasternWind chapter 26 . 11/21/2020
Okay, this is cute and all but she's really annoying me right now with this "come to the wedding with me" shit. It's on a beach. With sunshsine. Surely she can't be so selfish and needy. And for all the selflessness everyone sees in her she hasn't shown any of that during this story. Selflessness doesn't mean "not-caring-about-negative-consequences-for-themselves" or recklessness. Where is the independence? (I mean, lack of independence is kind of the point of their relationship in any story...yet it was there in the beginning)
TheEasternWind chapter 23 . 11/20/2020
The "this doesn't sound as hard when you listen to it"-line genuinely made me smile. As someone who started violin at 5 years old and playing the piano as well, this is something I hear all to often from friends and family. I am no where near "good" but it is still difficult to even play at that level and non-musicians truly cannot understand the level of difficulty of some pieces. Mozart sounds easy because it's composed to sound like it is. If you try, you'll see that it's super tricky (ofc not for a perfect supernatural being like in your story, but for mere humans who have hobbies outside of music). :D Lovely story btw
TheEasternWind chapter 16 . 11/20/2020
So far, the story has been beautiful and I am glad there are a lot more chapters.A true joy to read.
RaquelnJake chapter 35 . 11/10/2020
Oh wow, I hope you finish this and post a last chapter to wrap up this story, though it’s been so long. Thank you.
RaquelnJake chapter 7 . 11/8/2020
I’m rereading this story, forgot I loved it!
pacifica73 chapter 35 . 10/22/2020
I just wanted to say thanks so much for an amazing story so far. The writing is top-notch, and this lands among my favorite Twilight AU fics. Take all the time you need, but just know that your crafting of this makes me all the more excited to see B/E and the Cullens get their HEA.
Guest chapter 35 . 10/17/2020
Such a great story! Can’t wait to read more
glowingivy chapter 35 . 9/2/2020
This story was lovely!
I hope for an update one day!
knightoflives chapter 4 . 5/26/2020
Nothing against your story, but I just realized how I really dislike the attitude in Alice regarding Bella's association with the Cullens, at least in fanfics. If she has seen a vision, it *must* come true or nothing will be right in the world.

Or maybe I just grew out of vampire/human love stories? I mean, this poor girl leads a relatively normal & happy life, and Edward is just about to make it 300% more complicated by injecting himself into her life. Not to mention the complete lack of privacy. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Sorry if I offended. I do like the premise and your writing. Will probably catch up with it soon. I'm probably in a mood lol.
HappyEndingLover chapter 35 . 5/21/2020
This is a great story! I would love to see how Edward was going to propose .
Renee Aubin chapter 35 . 2/23/2020
Smile: ‘I'd grown so used to him carrying me everywhere since Jessica's wedding, I didn't stop to think twice. "Take me inside, please."’

We should all be this honest from time to time: "I kinda just want to sulk for a few more minutes."

A nice moment when Bella realizes how much noise Edward puts up with to be at her place, between his super-hearing and his mind reading. ‘My neighbors might seem silent to me at the moment, but he would hear them no matter what.’

Aww:
“I don't want you making yourself miserable just to be around me."
"Isabella," he said, cupping my cheek. "Miserable is the last word I'd use to describe how I feel around you."

Yummy:
‘…he took two slow steps and knelt in front of me
Oh, lord, I thought, watching him tie the laces on one of my white low-top Chucks. Maybe I shouldn't have encouraged him to look after all. I was at risk of melting into a puddle of goo.’

I’m so proud of Edward for asking for details when Bella admits she will miss Embry:
"What will you miss?"

And proud of Bella for her maturity:
‘…today, it seemed to be my patience and understanding he needed. So I gave it. I would take the for now and worry later about making it a forever.’

Thank goodness we’re past this: ‘He'd kept me wondering for so long—had left me doubting that he really wanted me the same way I wanted him—that I was still reeling from being shown.’

Yes, this is how it should be: ‘Now that I had been enlightened, I felt so much more aware of the desire that simmered beneath Edward's skin. It was like I could feel the barely restrained energy that pulsed between us in even the gentlest touch. It had the potential to be so much more.’

And this is a relief, from canon Bella’s obsession about being “older” than Edward:
‘I was concerned about the difference in my physical age and Edward's, but no one even looked twice at us at Jessica's wedding.’

Smart boy, stopping for a little private make-out time before pulling up to the Cullen house. No privacy to be had there! And then his charming speech about asking Bella to help him with his restraint.
‘It was the most words I thought I'd ever heard him string together at once. And the most human he'd ever sounded. It was adorable, and very hot. Though I supposed I shouldn't tell him that bit.’
Yes, exactly.

A good description of a typical Alice/Edward conversation: ‘Alice jumped in, speaking in riddles and half sentences, as did he.’

A sobering insight, with all the changes in her life: ‘Were it not for Edward, and his sometimes overzealous family, I would be entirely alone now.’

Fun: ‘Taking a deep breath, I released the brake and fought back a smile.
"Alone again, at long last," I whispered to his car. Then I giggled and put her into gear.’

Good job on Bella’s final conversation with Embry: "If shit happens, whether it's a year from now, or ten years, just know it was with my blessing. Because otherwise I am going to die someday, and he's going to be alone.”

So that’s the last thing you wrote, over a year ago. I sure hope you get the inspiration and time to finish this story, because I’d love to see what you had in mind for resolving all the “issues” that still remain for these two.
Zveka chapter 35 . 2/16/2020
hope you are Ok and will finish this story ...
1,669 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »