Reviews for Storybook Beginnings
Erbanana chapter 3 . 12/10/2013
Yay! All the shippy goodness!
Erbanana chapter 2 . 12/10/2013
AU what? Medieval?

Hermione is a scullery maid, I think, in a pub/inn due to low education, and a strange class system. Did the spinster adopt her as her daughter? *confused* Spinster is an older word for a virgin mostly, not a single woman. Yet she can see her father. That line was confusing.

Are they the Knights of Walpurga? Also, why are they all men the soldiers? Ever since the founders time, I think the Wizarding World has eradicated sexism in occupations. You should have male and female magical soldiers. I think their commander is Ron, but gold eyes are mostly due to sunlight. Eyes that turn gold-ish is a physical ailment in Real Life; later they can turn red, it's quite severe if left untreated.

Oopsie.
Erbanana chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Yay! Dorcas and James!
Luna Rapunzel chapter 8 . 1/4/2011
CRESCENT. Wow. I was going to quote the best lines in my review, but there were literally too many gems to keep track of. I love your prose, as always, and the characterizations here are spectacular-especially Benjy's, I thought; I loved your take on honor and the underhanded means that the Order sometimes had to use to fight the war. And the line about pretend bravery and the one about how the Order members fell in and out of love and war-fantastic. Well done!
eSJa chapter 9 . 5/16/2010
I never really thought the canon epilogue fit, I would have much preferred this instead.

Bittersweet and introspective it fits every just right, Draco glad to be alive and Harry wiser they both agree that friendship might be to much but each tired of fighting. Very well done and a great end to the whole project. Bravo!
eSJa chapter 8 . 5/16/2010
I love it, I love it, I love it!

I can see this scene happening so clearly and you wrote it so well.

Mad Eye was far underused in the series, hell he could be a series himself as a up and coming Auror.

What I love most though is the grim but valiant face you give him. He is every soldier who has lived through a war and seen another come around. JKR may have thought him up and given him a voice but you gave him inflection, tone and most of all a heart.
eSJa chapter 7 . 5/16/2010
:P

Seriously, pretty sure you just wrote what JKR had sitting on a scratch pad on her desk for references.

That was...I hesitate to use the word perfect so I will say outstanding instead. :)

Everything about this is right, the pace, the grammer, the characterization, even the point of view adds to the depth of it.

Yes, we will end with outstanding, because otherwise I will gush for PAGES. ;-)
eSJa chapter 5 . 5/16/2010
Personally I don't see how this paring works but you did really well in giving a situation where it could happen. Obviously Hermione is going to be hesitant and you put that across well, they are both kind of unique to the people they hang around with and I could see that being something that they could bond over. Well written and given the character's a well thought out plot that makes it plausible...and that much more enjoyable. :-)
eSJa chapter 4 . 5/16/2010
I don't normally read next-gen fics but I did enjoy this one.

There where a few small things that felt out of place, maybe I just missed them. The part where Dominique and her friend where coming back from Hogsmead then suddenly she was getting up from the Quidditch stands seemed a little odd to me. Also the last bit bout her cutting her hair and Miles asking her not to grow it out...when did she cut it? Like I said maybe I just missed missed those parts.

As for what I liked...well all of it really. lol. You did great in getting Dominique's worry across and the idea behind it all is perfect, no matter how many years down the road Gryffindor's and Slythern are never going to be at ease around eachother. Well done!
eSJa chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
When I first read this and finished it I wasn't sure how well it worked with all three separate stories in one fic...but after some time I realized how well they complimented each other.

Each easily stands alone but together paint a much more vivid picture of the universe coming to terms with their new realities; losses and new possibilities. Very, very well done. :)
eSJa chapter 2 . 5/16/2010
Ooooooh! I do so love this!

Other than it being a H/Hr ship which I obviously am a fan of, the entire thing is chock full of goodness. I especially liked how you turned Ron's prattishness (not a word I know) into this roguish laid back charm.

The seeds of H/Hr are there but very, very subtle and I like that, often times shippers tend to throw the couple out right away making the circumstances unbelievable and the story weak. Not so here and I enjoy it even more for that. The pace is perfect, the character's are spot on and I can't wait to see where you take it. Bravo!
eSJa chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
I don't often read fics from this generation, I just don't feel like I know the character's enough to care about them.

However your little story here changed that. :)

Dora and James are so well fleshed out and alive that you can't help but want to smack him for the way he treats Dora, she doesn't deserve his thick-headiness, though I guess that runs in the family huh? ;-)

A great, great one shot and just one more reason I look forward to your stories. XD
Il'Diko chapter 9 . 5/16/2010
Really nicely written, it was nice to see Draco's other side.
Il'Diko chapter 8 . 5/16/2010
This fic is simply amazing. I will definitely visit your profile too Crescent.

Great characterisation. I love how you compared the first and the second Order and I just loved the scenes from the forst War. It was also beautifuly written.
Astraea Elladanien chapter 6 . 4/5/2010
This was really cute. I liked how you portrayed Neville and his insecurities. Nice work.