Reviews for Clenched Soul
I like this
time2read chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
great story!
Storm that Twists in Spiral chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Hmm. This is a strange angle for me, but I think I like it. Somehow, it is hard for me to imagine Denethor being that nice to Faramir. But I can imagine Faramir being like his mother. Maybe that's why Denethor hates him...anyways, it was really well-written. Nicely done.
Alaenor JS-XIII chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
I think this is a great interpretation of the relationship between Faramir and Denethor. Their relationship is very misunderstood in the fandom, and IMO Denethor takes entirely too much bashing from people who see him as a purely evil character. But you've gracefully avoided those traps and turned this into a wonderful scene with a lot emotional depth and characters that seem nicely three-dimensional. It has a lot of great detail about their lives as well, which serves to flesh things out more. I can tell that you put thought and your own emotions into this, and it shows. It's also well written and canon friendly. Favorited!
Tola chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Thank you. This captures both of them well; a rare thing.
IHeartSam chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
brilliant story-best I have ever read regarding denethor. I like that you gave him emotions other than anger and disdain. very thought provoking, great job!
demeter d chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Yes. It must have been like this at some point for them. Even though Boromir WAS the favored one, and Denethor was sliding under Sauron's influence, there still must have been some moments of family feeling between them. Yes, Denethor was quite mad, at his end. But you have beautifully shown how there might have still been soe feeling for them. I especially like the details of Denethor's memories of Findiulas. Lovely!
Keldae chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
FINALLY! A Denethor-centric fic that doesn't portray him as completely evil! I loved his interactions with Faramir- that was so touching!

You did great with this story! Kudos!