Reviews for In Good Times, In Bad Times
mtcbones chapter 1 . 3/2
another nice story you understand them so welll
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Beautiful.
Snakequeen-in-Norway chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Not much of a story, but good sentiments :)

-SQ
Xtin2000 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
good Lord, this is beautiful!

Thrusters on full indeed :)

those 3... ever the bond that holds the whole universe together

I am amazed at your insight into the hearts of them and those who love them.
Tharin chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Really nice. My favorite is the part is this one: "McCoy thinks over my dead body and prepares two hyposprays."
lovesFanFic chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
This is great! I love friendship fics - those three are really among the greatest friendships in our tradition. These snapshots are heartwarming and heartbreaking and ring absolutely true. Thanks particularly for the last one. I confess I was inordinately pleased at its inclusion.
Mini-Chobi chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Beautiful! Beautiful! Any piece that captures the wonderful friendship of the triumvirate is good, but you did it so well! Beautiful!
Lilith Luciferia chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Absolutely beautiful story. Your portrayal of these characters and the friendship between them were lovely; I enjoyed the entire thing thoroughly. Very nicely done.
Tribble X Kirk's Topee Hybrid chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
"Home 'is' in orbit", as you have, so concisely, helped us remember. I now think I can more clearly recall why it became that way for those who became fans. "Home" became, "in orbit" - even if the "5 year mission" was cut short, almost in a fashion similar to the disruption of the lives of children trying to grow in a society that made few, if any, provisions for their need of anything resembling meaningful, continuing relationships. Even a fictional promise of the possibility of something as seemingly "mythical" as friendship, was still better than the reality in which many were being forced to "serve out" their childhoods. Star Trek was/is and always shall be amazing, precisely for the reasons you have reminded us. Your work should be cited, if ever the question of "why" there are Trekkers, is ever posed.
EmRose92 chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
""Home is in orbit," Jim replied."

I love the idea of the Enterprise being home. I don't really know why, but it gives me warm fuzzies to think of the crew-especially the Seven-as family. And a family just has to have a home, right? This was probably my favorite of them, just because I love the brotherhood between Kirk and McCoy the very most. Lovely pieces of their lives!
KindaCrazy chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Aw. This story is so sweet. I love the friendship that Kirk, Spock, and McCoy have.
KCS chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Oh. OH. *is in awe*

I stand amazed at how you can fit the high points of these key watershed events in their relationships into so few words, and carry all the impact of an epic-length fic. This is absolutely amazing, there's no other word for it. I especially loved the Empath bit, with McCoy's wonderful line there; but it all was absolutely perfect.
StillWaters1 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Oh, this was so beautifully done! You've really captured the depth of their friendship - each scene is gorgeously written.

"When they beam back, Kirk will head to his quarters. He will not stop for dinner, so McCoy will bring him something. Kirk will try to get rid of him; he will insist on staying. Kirk will say he's fine; McCoy will tell him that's bullshit. They will argue heatedly, but eventually Kirk will let himself feel everything and McCoy will be there for him." - This is one of the best descriptions of Kirk and McCoy I've ever seen. You really nailed McCoy's concern, and the dance they do before Kirk finally realizes McCoy's prescription and accepts it.

"McCoy thinks over my dead body and prepares two hyposprays." - I absolutely heard this in McCoy's voice, as being what went through his mind in "The Empath." Beautiful!

Thank you for writing!