Reviews for The Year of Living Differently
tambrathegreat chapter 4 . 6/29/2008
Beatiful. It's so much more believable than him turning just for Lily. Great job.
tambrathegreat chapter 3 . 6/29/2008
I'm assuming the He was not Snape's father, but I may be wrong. What a beautiful chapter from the Professor's perspective.
tambrathegreat chapter 2 . 6/29/2008
I'm sorry this story is so under-reviewed. this is wonderful. The meticulous Snape in a scientific world would be fascinating and quite entrhalling.
magdilen chapter 4 . 5/16/2006
pretty good job of getting into different POVs without giving specific details. that's hard to do.
Redgirl44 chapter 1 . 3/15/2005
Excellent story!
GooseFeathers chapter 4 . 12/13/2004
This is good. Just plain good. You have nice feel for things. Chapter Two was possibly my favourite, linking past and future quite delicately. The last line was well turned.

If anything is problematic, I'd say your use of sentence fragmenting isn't always well done. I do it too much myself, so I've come to recognize it as dangerous. Unless your reader happens to read it with the same flow that you have in your head when you re-read it, it just sounds choppy.

This was an intelligent and different piece. And I've got to say that your profile made me smile: "Just another geek I guess, with a taste for poetry and Scots folksongs where everybody dies". That's the stuff.

Hmm, off to read some more.
GreenEyes7 chapter 4 . 1/17/2004
I really liked your series. I especially liked the interludes that looked at Severus from a different perspective, his lab partner and his professor. Both showed good insight into his character without flat out stating he told, them, rather using circumstantial evidence. I also liked how you tied it all up in the end with Voldemort and that leading Severus to Dumbledore. I was not expecting that. Your series was so nicely written, that I almost wish that it was an AU and that Severus could have stayed in the muggle world, even though you know it's impossible.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/10/2003
Hi,

I've just reread this. It's an excellent character study. However, I've worked with many an intellectual who totaly fails to realize that ordinary folk are worth protecting.
Only Human chapter 4 . 6/2/2003
Wow! That was intense. Brilliant idea. I like seeing into the mind of Snape and those around him. The feeling of loss the teacher had when Snape said he wouldn't be returning and Snape's confounded views were insightful. Keep it up.
Midnight Tiger chapter 4 . 3/8/2003
im not sure if the notes are even going through but i just needed to try.

. and honest in its intensity and pure in its on chilling way. i would have liked to have seen more sarah and Sevi interaction but just me.
Midnight Tiger chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
you have a great grasp of artfully used words and the imagery in your story is amazing. i'm really enjoying it.
negative9 chapter 4 . 3/8/2003
Yes, actually, someone is reading it. She thinks it's wonderfully well written, and loves the different points of view you're using. She should also stop refering to herself in the third person. Anyway, your descriptions are lovely, and it all sounds completely original (I don't see any stupid fanfic cliches). I especially liked the Professor's point of view, but I'm not sure why. This is great! I'm on to read the next part right now! :D
madwoman not signed in chapter 4 . 12/29/2002
Oh wow. That is really good and original. Yes, I think he would have gone to Muggle univeresty.

Your reasons for having Snape turn are interesting, not the same as everyone elses. Snape is done very well and his personal monolouges are just so bloody good! Keep it up!
madwoman not signed in chapter 4 . 12/29/2002

Dien Alcyone chapter 4 . 8/24/2002
I'm reading it! I am, I am! Adoring every bloody second of it too, and eagerly awaiting more. Puh-leeze?

I'll bake ya cookies! (virtual ones, 'cuz my rl skills are not in the kitchen, oh no)

Excellent fic.