Reviews for The Princess Bride Job
StrangerInBabylon chapter 18 . 11/30/2014
That was... AWESOME.
I hardly ever review anything, but like cannot leave this experience without having said that this is the grandest, most well thought out, true to character, most sky tearingly beautiful story I have seen on the internet. Period.
Thank you so much.
Lachriel chapter 18 . 6/9/2014
This was simply wonderful. It was nice to see little details from the book that didn't make it into the movie. It's been too long since I read it.
EagleJarl chapter 18 . 4/30/2014
Yay for happy endings! I like your version better than the book's.

Although, didn't the team steal a country before, with the San Lorenzo job? I guess the actual line was "let's go steal an election" but they still did steal the country in effect.

Anyway, fun story; thanks for writing.
EagleJarl chapter 17 . 4/30/2014
Awwww. Being a pirate queen is way cooler than being just a plain old queen. But, I suppose it makes a nice wrapup.

By the way, having Westley and Nate be brothers was a great touch. It really set things up well for why the team was here.
EagleJarl chapter 15 . 4/30/2014
Oh good. For a moment there I was afraid you were going to have Eliot do the sword fighting instead of Inigo. That would have just been wrong.
EagleJarl chapter 12 . 4/30/2014
I really wanted to see how they sabotaged the Machine. It doesn't feel complete as is. Ah well.
EagleJarl chapter 9 . 4/30/2014
Once more with the laughing. "standards", "made her happy by being locked", "you doubt me?" Comedy gold, man!

The whole "leave Eliot in the pit because..." didn't make sense to me but, sure, I'll roll with it. Presumably it's because you want to kill him and then have Billy Cryst-er, Miracle Max heal him up.

Also, if Miracle Max is in your world and can resurrect people, WHY DIDN'T YOU RESURRECT PARKER IN YOUR OTHER STORIES?!
EagleJarl chapter 8 . 4/30/2014
Of everyone on the team, Parker might be the very worst to have angry at you. There's nowhere you can go that she can't get into, and she's totally flipping crazy, plus fiercely loyal to her team. Rugen just made a very, very bad mistake.
EagleJarl chapter 7 . 4/30/2014
Heh. Yep, that was a great way to handle it. And hurrah, Buttercup actually tried to defend herself this time instead of just crawling away screaming! She wasn't totally useless!
EagleJarl chapter 6 . 4/30/2014
Buttercup really is far too useless, isn't she? Yeesh.

What exactly does Westley see in her? She's not ugly, but she's no Scarlet Johansen either. She's dumb as a brick, has no useful skills that I can see, and mistreats those who are socially beneath her (Westley the farm boy). Maybe she has...uh..."grownup talents" but that really isn't worth it.

Dude, get over her, go back to America and find someone better.
EagleJarl chapter 4 . 4/30/2014
It's fantastic how easily the team is blowing through the obstacles. Yes, besting Fezzik is much easier when you have a partner with a big needle full of elephant tranquilizer. And Inigo is waiting for you to catch your breath and draw your sword, not punch him in the face. I'm going to love Parker and Eliot in the swamp.

Also, I have seen the movie multiple times and it never occurred to me before just what a stupid name "Buttercup" is. I guess it never stood out when the antagonist is "Humperdink".
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 4/30/2014
Have to admit, I was expecting Eliot to sit down for the game and just punch Vizzini out without bothering to play. When he actually played the first round and threw rock I thought "aha! Now, while Vizzini is rambling, Eliot will punch him out with that fist!"

Meh, I guess this works too.
EagleJarl chapter 2 . 4/30/2014
"should have used explosives" made me smile. "have you tried google?" made me laugh. "took two steps and punched Inigo unconscious" had me cracking up.

Also, for the record? It is physically impossibly to slash someone through the heart. I think you want "stabbed."
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
So, is Westley supposed to be Sterling's kid?
Cutiekate8 chapter 18 . 3/22/2014
Okay so this was fucking amazing