Reviews for Untouched
lets get xiggy with it chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
Wow this is brilliant! Its clear in the film that Miranda is hiding a certain amount of darkness within her and you have portrayed it beautifully!
MLeggyLeaf chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Interesting. So that's the origin of the oath. So simple yet childish-fairytale-approved. Hhaha
Cy Fur chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I love this story. You managed to have the White Queen's... oddness, and it is wonderful. I also love the way you discreetly brought about the fact that the royalty is so very inbred, and how it was viewed as a good thing.
the-original-lovelace chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
so...the reason that Mirana took vows to never harm living things was because she felt that once she started she would be unable to stop?

powerful story, really powerful.
Reius Devirix chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
What a lovely and decidedly creepy interpretation. Very nice.
Waiyi chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
very good
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
So her vow to never harm others is a way to stop herself because once she starts she may never stop?
lightblue-Nymphadora chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Very dark, but SO well written. I loved it. Hope to see more AiW fic from you :)
subtraction chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
I read this before I saw the movie, and I kept expecting it to turn out like the fic the whole time. I love Tim Burton, and I loved the movie, but I firmly believe that this should have been in the final quarter of the movie somewhere. Thank you for adding depth to (and rescuing?) the end of a great story.
onyx-worrystone chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Wow. That was amazing!
May Eve chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
A beautiful, masterful, imaginative work.
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Utterly perfect.
Insomniac Owl chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
I'm fairly sure she wanted to find a deformity to prove she was royalty (which is certainly the impression I got from the Twifflewhisps) but I don't think it comes out clearly enough in the narration in the beginning. She needs a good motivation to find a deformity in the first place, and you haven't made her into the sort of character who just /needs to know/, so there should be something else.

I also feel like there was a little too much narration/explanation in the beginning; I thought it was a little boring until she started to make the potion. But then, that part where she killed the Twifflewisps... that was good. The lines that stood out for me were 'She'd been baring her teeth. She'd been smiling'. The Twifflewisps' dialogue was also very good, haunting and spare enough to really make an impact. That's what made me sure she wanted to find a deformity to prove she was royalty.

Looking back at this review, I've said more bad things than good, but I really did like the story. I liked the intensity of the Twifflewisp scene, and also the sort of indulgent slowness of the father at the end, which was completely at odds with Mirana's desperation.

Good job :)
caramelapples chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
I loved this story! Interesting take on the characters! :) Do write more soon please!
Rebecca Pierce chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Beautifully written! I love the details and the imagery you gave, plus the characters themselves were very believable. Wonderful job!