Reviews for On Blackmail Alone
SpockLikesCats chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I really really hope you will continue this story! You have written very well, you've captured Stephen's personality, and this Copper creature looks ... well, a bit threatening, p'raps?

Your writing style is quite fine and gives an echo of P O'B!

Do continue ...
Random background guy chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying. I'm being annoying.
RionaEire chapter 2 . 5/11/2011
Interesting story, I like the movie but I've not read the books though I'd like to someday. I loved your description of the sun kissing the sea and the resulting fiery passion, I've never seen it described that way and I really liked it. I think Stephen should be careful about that there laudenum, I know everyone took it for everything back then but its still a bit dangerous if you have it too often, as we all know now. Because Ireland is one of my favorite things I was disappointed that this story didn't take place there, since in the first chapter you said Stephen was going back to visit, I guess it isn't important to the plot though. I can see the Jack and Stephen are very best friends who care a lot about each other. I don't like having to share my best friends with other people so I can relate to Stephen, but I think that they'll settle into a routine so Jack can spend time with both of them, ... I hope. I actually am fond of the "wordiness" in this story, old fashioned stories are enjoyable when a lot of fancy writing is put into them, fits with the times you know. So I think the writing style is good.

Riona
Toxic Hathor chapter 2 . 1/7/2011
OMFG! Not nearly wordy enough, my dear! I can't get enough of this promising, intruiging fiction. You say it's too wordy, but to me, you are not being fair to your talent.

Write more, PLEASE...and let us know what Jack's friend is planning. ::offers cookies...::

Please update soon.

Hathor...
Irish Story Teller chapter 2 . 5/16/2010
I really enjoyed your first two chapters. :) They're quite well written and I look forward to hearing about what happens next.
Anon chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
Hmm, definitely interesting. So far, you're doing very well with the old English speech patterns that they used in the book and movie. Far better than a lot of other people in this fandom, it's refreshing to read.

Can't wait to read more!

-Anon
Mercury Gray chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
For someone who's confessed to very little exposure to P O'B, an excellent showing! You've managed to capture Jack and Stephen very well, and it isn't hard to imagine them have the conversations they're having here.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that dicey situation in Dublin to which you're referring is the results of the failed '98 rebellion, which will eventually lead to the fantastically failure ridden uprising of 1803 under Robert Emmet. An interesting time in Irish history, to be sure. Reading something on the United Irishmen and their movement (along with men like Wolfe Tone and Edward Fitzgerald) might give you some ideas on what to write and provide you with some research material as well.

There are a few minor proofreading errors that need to be seen to later in the piece, missing commas and suchlike, but other than that, this is a very strong peice and I'm looking forward to reading more when and if that transpires! Keep up the great work!