Reviews for Are You Man, Or Ghost?
Cicatrix6 chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
while I lurve me some KakaNaru goodness, I also like reading a good gen-oneshot every now and then, and this one was definitely one I enjoyed reading.
I love your writing style! Your descriptive skill is absolutely wonderful, and I really love how you let us enter the minds of the characters. I turned off my music while reading this because I wanted to really pay attention to your wording. Despite the rather low word-count, I could feel how my mind was beginning to sink into the story, and that's what I love about reading!
I like your take on the Anbu-taking-care-of-mini-Naruto theme. It's a pity we don't know a lot about Naruto's first years, but then again, that leaves enough room for imagining what it must have been like for not only Naruto, but also for those who took care of him.

There was one part that really caught my attention, I re-read it three times:

"He breathed, frustrated, and it felt like he took a breath of cold air and the air smelled of memorial stone (rancid and full of duty, and loyalty, and not being enough) and out of habit he found himself telling his sensei about the stupid failed day he just had and the small ball of piss and puke that some call a child, and Obito tells him to be grateful and he mutters 'shut up',[...]"

This was such an awesome way of describing Kakashi's feelings!

I really think this one-shot collection deserves more attention - sure, you're known for your Foxwife series and other KN fics, but your gen-stories are really worth reading. I'll definitely read the other one-shots later.

(by the way, I love the title 'Are you man, or ghost?' :D )
Paper Shruiken chapter 4 . 8/14/2012
My favorite was chapter four. You have a very lovely writing style.
Gender Outlaw chapter 2 . 11/4/2011
Oh yeah. And I liked lots of little tidbits, little words and things you said.

Like, Kakashi 'struggling with how to repay Danzo's loyalty'. I don't know why, but the words, they tasted wonderful. I loved your images.
Gender Outlaw chapter 4 . 11/4/2011
(Bah. FFnet never remembers me. Am I so forgetable? D)

I think I liked this one the best, especially the last two lines with Kakashi "dripping ghosts". It's such an eerie, haunting one. And yet calming at the same time? As if listening to an old tale of how someone decided to give up something important and knows what was lost. I don't know.

I liked them all, truly. I was reading the first one and went 'Hey. I remember this.' And I did, and I still loved it then too. There was something about the first one that, just, oh. With Naruto and the ANBU, and them.. being like - well, not 'mothers' persay. But them being that emotion of being loved and cared for as a mother would do. Them being what Naruto remembers subconsciously being loved by. I liked that subconsious love, that Naruto carries it with him without even knowing.

The second one was pure love. I especially loved the "changeling" part at the bottom, you know. I like thinking about that Naruto in number two. It mustn't have been a good time for him, the story that one weaves. But it read so hauntingly, almost like one of the old fairytales. The ones with blood and horses heads being hung at the gate, and princesses who are impaled in barrels but the story still ends.

I liked the feeling of hope and excite as Kakashi decides to follow Naruto. I would really have loved to see more of what happened next, but this is enough too, really. I also kind of liked the "make stronger" thing too for Kakashi. The way it was mentioned that he watched rocks and then became a rock, and how Jiraiya would make him stronger.

I felt like that was not so much a "you will train to be a more powerful warrior" but more like, to "get back the life you once had" type of thing. Being raised from the dead, maybe. Ya know? Does that make sense at all?

Anyways, I liked it.
wisecurledqueen chapter 4 . 2/12/2011
Short, but insightful. Thank you so very much!

-curledruler
Lunalover009 chapter 4 . 2/12/2011
defiantly the best one-shot yet!

I loved that last line the most~

(Kakashi nodded, dripping ghosts. "Aa. That would be best.")
Lunalover009 chapter 3 . 2/12/2011
Gah! that scene in the manga totally cemented my kaka/naru fan-girl-isum :it's a word!:
Lunalover009 chapter 2 . 2/12/2011
Insane Naruto is the best~ -
Lunalover009 chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
[I AM A REVIEW PRAISE ME] D
Qem chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Oh nice, I really liked the backstories of the different Anbu and how Naruto can break anyone into talking. XD

I like to think with the ending that the implication is that the Anbu chosen may not of been at random, but the ones who had potential stories to tell, not just to keep Naruto safe.
arccie chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
This is strangely beuatiful (while saying all the bad thing of Naruto's upbringing in an undertone).

You managed to make me form an attachment to Panther in a few brief sentences. Lovely. :)
Belle Mort 13 chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
...I liked boar

this is a good story

there is not enough of these out there
zugless chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
I like this...and your fic based on the Foxwife tales. Originally, I wasn't going to review, but then I saw your poll (it guilted me into reviewing xp). It would definitely be great if you continued this one, but if not, I thought I should let you know it was good as a one-shot. But, I like the analysis of the people in ANBU and the pressures that they encounter from the rest of the village, along with the child development part. It isn't anything that I've really seen before...at least not this clearly. Anyway! ... hm...damn, still hate reviewing...but I liked your fic?
Under the Oak Tree chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Oh, a very quiet, yet powerful piece. You really DO have a thing for the mindf*cks! LOL I love it! And nothing can get more screwed up than ANBU (though they have the COOLEST uniforms, I swear). Loved this; because you captured the harsh realities of what it might be like to be one of those in the shadows and how hate/love changes people.
DarkRavie chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
I like your fic and look forward to reading where this story goes. I hope Naruto isn't portrayed as too much of an idiot. I like reading stoies where he has more than some intelligence.