Reviews for It's Better to Be
JustThinkingOutloud chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
This was really realistic! I love those blurbs and character studies that you can just get lost in like this one. Nice work! :)
Linkmarth chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
amazing story
Emi-Ly Sway chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
I loved it. I love white collar, obviously, but I think the show is actually a bit too cheesy and fluffy. Which is why I like convincing slightly darker takes at Neal. So yeah, Good job :)
Of Stories and Songs chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
The heartbreaking thing about this is how painfully accurate it is. The look on Neal's face when he observes Peter and Elle, or talks future with Peter, says loud and clear that Neal doesn't think he'll ever have a future. He doesn't think he's worth a future. Someone so confident on the outside thinks so low of himself that it's absolutely shattering.

Great piece!
Deep Sorrow chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
I really liked this piece. It was very true to the characters, and the and the forgery parallel was very cool. Thanks for sharing!
gnbrules chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Loved this one too. You say so much with relatively few words. Everything is succinct, the characterizations are perfect. I'm glad you mentioned the Elizabeth/Kate look-alike thing, that kind of threw me when I first started watching. Neal's been a fake for too long...good insight!
Global Conquest-er chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
While, yes, they all can't be winners, you were wrong.

This one won.

Winning is this fic's middle name. Rigbt between Better and to.

I actually really felt like I needed more - a continuation, a sequel, a ... I'm not even sure. But I loved this. I love the idea behind Neal feeling like nothing more than a fake, an artistic forgery, of Peter and El. And I really love how El seems to catch on, although she doesnt know the specifics, and all that Peter knows is that something's off. It was gorgeous, and pretty much IC. I personally definitely think this works perfectly with the series.

Anyways, thanks a million for posting this!
Duffy1 chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
I'm sorry, but I've run out of praising words. I look forward to more from you and it's taking too long. Graduate already and do what you apparently were meant to do...write!
breezyyy chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
wow this is really touching, it's very beautiful i love it
closet addict chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
this was amazing I loved how you analyzed Neal as a character! just amazing!
JaneConstantine chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I like this...It describes Neal perfectly!
snails-on-the-french-riviera chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
very sad, but captures a side of neal not often seen or thought about- i like it!
ohbernthal chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
I love this! You write very well, and this story just works so perfectly. It flows really nicely and you have the characters just right. Great work!

-GS
Tragedy of Fenwick chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
I can't really articulate how I feel about this story, but maybe a 'HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME' will suffice? I mean, this is perfect and poetic, and I'm almost certain that this is exactly what the writers of the show had in mind because everything fits. And the last line? Perfection!

As for organic chemistry hell? I'm right there with you, man. Stay strong and keep writing!
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Wow, simply wow. Really, truly marvelous. Like eating very, very good dark chocolate from Switzerland or Germany one piece at a time, each perfect and wholly satisfying on its own but good enough that you want another.

I see and agree that Kate and Elizabeth had a resemblance. Honestly, when I first saw the preview where Peter confronts Kate, at first I thought it was Elizabeth.

The common theme of reality vs. falsehood was played very well through all these character thumbnails. I like the concept of Peter & Elizabeth almost doppelgangers to Neal & Elizabeth.